[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I'm sure this has been covered but I've tried scanning through the posts since the expansion and not seeing it.. (I actually started this build with the Templar last league and am continuing until I hit 90 on it)

1) How does the Orb of Storms actually work with this given Ancestral Bond?
Note I'm using the Shield "B) Ice Spear or Orb of Lightning + Ice Trap or Lightning Trap + Bloodmagic (depends on free mana)" setup for this (should be Orb of Storms, not Orb of Lightning btw...)
Is this somehow triggering crits for shocked ground? I thought you had to do damage for it to be considered a hit, or is the Orb acting like a trap where it's considered it's own damage generator? There's mention of needing to throw down an Ice Spear or Lightning Trap first so really confused about what's going on here.

2) Related to the above, does it matter if I use two Lightning skills or I should be using one Cold and one Lightning?

3) I'm also assuming that if the answer to 1) is the crit then that's what is triggering Elemental Overload...

4) You're not taking any movement skills? Looks like you had a spare socket on your Perandus character that you used for Portal instead? I would think Flame Dash or something else in there would be too useful to give up

"
Visigoth123 wrote:
I'm sure this has been covered but I've tried scanning through the posts since the expansion and not seeing it.. (I actually started this build with the Templar last league and am continuing until I hit 90 on it)

Note I'm using the Shield "B) Ice Spear or Orb of Lightning + Ice Trap or Lightning Trap + Bloodmagic (depends on free mana)" setup for this (should be Orb of Storms, not Orb of Lightning btw...)
Is this somehow triggering crits for shocked ground? I thought you had to do damage for it to be considered a hit, or is the Orb acting like a trap where it's considered it's own damage generator? There's mention of needing to throw down an Ice Spear or Lightning Trap first so really confused about what's going on here.

2) Related to the above, does it matter if I use two Lightning skills or I should be using one Cold and one Lightning?

3) I'm also assuming that if the answer to 1) is the crit then that's what is triggering Elemental Overload...

4) You're not taking any movement skills? Looks like you had a spare socket on your Perandus character that you used for Portal instead? I would think Flame Dash or something else in there would be too useful to give up

1. pretty sure orb of storms is critting but not doing damage, which is good enough to trigger things.
2. nah
3. yep
4. have your two secondary weapons be movement items (I think that's what milky does too), you will have like 6 mana or something left over after 3 curses which isn't enough for leap slam.
"
Visigoth123 wrote:

1)what?

Just use icetrap for ee and orb for EO

2) no it doesnt matter, one eletype is enough

3) yes, selfcast crit. you can crit without dealing dmg

4) 7 free mana limits 1 slot movement skills ;) I could go for more unreserved mana but i just dont car to recolor this thing to just leap/dash over a cliff. Also i dont have no free slot in my skillbar. If i wanna use a movementskill i would probably drop golem and warcry which lowers my defence.

When i got my 7 spelltotems to 20 and i hopefully corrupt one to 21 i will use weaponswap whirling blades with a 2.x speed weapon for backtracking

Daressos is good, nothing to say against it. Its just slower to move with it than with flasks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2016, 6:27:13 PM
Awesome guide! i really enjoy the build.. 2 days in lvl 70, and everything is smooth. got myself a Doryani's.

and this is my final tree, can it be more skill point effecient?
i don't use EE, im to lazy xD

and i will spec out of diamond skin, when i get the last 2 ascendancy points and Tawhoa, Forest Strenght

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGMm8xYLPfwTpXuzjM8XjPZIz2dfPxo-FCDyL3y47w4pLlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYTwtEMwMX69sg1-DzCu2HKdo8rc-jEZTpfAfQYf-CviTogD56Jy-8kXYvQSzaHQNHzrhNZLAZtpiPCimV_6PPAVFRxhWTeOf3-98MtHr7nyDmuCnCBzcp5RFnY9Gna7YJI8aXl1TUh0Um6EDdTbF0f360hJpGGqRKx8CFm9mnhcvFxx4L1h3BAckquNqcg9Y5XF5fOVfBIPbTLM26ZRvWfPDE1gHVcbQH5eVZlQaOForOljv61JTkFWj8j1fl_QnL1H7zRYfGA==

Where can i cheaply optimize my gear? i know tabula should be switched at some point ;)

Thank you! keep up the good work :D
Last edited by Sutthisan on Mar 9, 2016, 9:54:43 PM
Atziri had a little birthday present for me:

Looking forward to farming up some enchants this weekend :)
Last edited by Irongunner on Mar 9, 2016, 9:13:45 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:

OK so sounds like you prefer Ice Trap instead of Lightning Trap - for some freezes or it has a bigger range or it really doesn't matter which?

"

My Skilltree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BAcEswthDF8QzBJpE6UUIBYLFm8XHBcvF4wYVhhqGjgcpxzcHRQfAiSqJvMnLyj6K7Y2xTwFPC09Xz38QYdFnUyzUEdSU1NSU6VVxlXWVkhYB1hjWHdY5VnzWitfBF8_ZOdmVGaeZ5todGjycXlyD3gve7N85YCkgseDX4PMg9uMRozPjxqPRpBVkSuUb5eVl_SYrZrgm6Gdrp_fogCj8qcIrj6vbLc-uJPAZsMTxq7G2M9n0B_YJNi92mLa3eNq5FHr7u8O73zv6_Af9kj4k_no-tL-Cg==

I'm following your guide, right now I'm at Lv. 80, pretty good and solid build, but I need some help.

Right now I have 75% (76)/75% (121)/75% (80)/4% (4) Resistances (Merciless).
4576 Life. 3 curses on blasphemy setup.

1) I'm using the Vaal Lightning Trap only for Bosses and I'm using Orb of Storm to trigger EE and EO (I'm doing It right?)

2) Do I urgently need to change any of my equipments to improve my Life and Defenses ?
Because:

- I died for Atziri in 2 hits (her bleeding attack)
- I can't kill her fast enogh to avoid her attacks.
- I'm pretty casual when I'm trying to kill her, yes, I know I have to dodge the flameblast but every time she uses the "sting attack that cuases bleeding" I die in 2 hits. It's my second time trying to kill her, I think I need some practice.
Last edited by HyosoHojin on Mar 9, 2016, 9:52:02 PM
"
Visigoth123 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

OK so sounds like you prefer Ice Trap instead of Lightning Trap - for some freezes or it has a bigger range or it really doesn't matter which?

Ice Trap is an AoE trap, which inreases the aoe with the stuff we already skilled. It hits more targets if .

"
1) I'm using the Vaal Lightning Trap only for Bosses and I'm using Orb of Storm to trigger EE and EO (I'm doing It right?)

2) Do I urgently need to change any of my equipments to improve my Life and Defenses ?
Because:

OOS doesn´t trigger EE...

2) Not really, have similar gear and run T13 maps on a regular basis. Just dodge the Spears and use Bleedremoval in time. It helps if you place the totems between yourself and atzir to absorb the spears with the. Most of the fight is just practice

Figured I'd get on the bandwagon and ask...

Milky-sama, is the build im doing viable/decent enough?

poeurl.com/zgA

Regards,
Punkdog
"
Punkdog wrote:
Figured I'd get on the bandwagon and ask...

Milky-sama, is the build im doing viable/decent enough?

poeurl.com/zgA

Regards,
Punkdog

viable, yes. better, no.

you can actually go into a map without exploding instantly :P

- No curse effectiveness on the tree. These nodes are really strong.
- Ironwood is basically 20% totemlife for 5 points, not worth it if you can still pick up jewels.
- can save at least 1 point with better pathing.
- arsonist is a bad dmg node.
- aura effect node is useless at soveignity. better take 2x 4% reserve node than 6% for the same points.
- you could get more life and dmg if youd dont go down to ironwood.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info