Zizaran Builds

So how does this build sustain Blasphemy, Grace and Herald of Thunder without any aura reservation reduction?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Any reason to take the skill point over Alira's 5% cast speed?
I'm just curious about the choice of Spark as opposed to something like Lightning Arrow. I am too new to have a good sense of how the passives apply, but spark just feels so underwhelming and difficult to aim. Is there a reason based on the tree (or some other reason) that spark is a more viable choice than LA and its complementary gems? Edit: Now that I look at it in retrospect, I'm guessing spark benefits more from the increased duration nodes, and I'm not sure about the DOT stuff, but it seems like it might be easy to make choices more suited to LA and get higher DPS and a better ability to target shots, although I'm not sure what I would change, since I'm too inexperienced. I am also seeing that LA is weak an Single targets, perhaps that is the reason, along with the fact that lacking Soul Harvests, you can't really use Vaal Spark on all of them (not sure if that stays true with them).

I ask because I'm on the verge of wanting to purchase my endgame gear (mostly the Voltaxic), and I would rather get it with the right colored sockets than use a ludicrous amount of chromatics to try and make it fit afterwards. I'm also 0 for about 20 on trying to sell stuff on POE trade (tried setting a fixed that was similar to other sellers, and no price b/o, no luck. Doesn't help that I can't buy any more stash tabs than the default four, and that will never change since I dont and won't have income for it).

Lastly, any advice on the flask reward from Intruders In Black on Merciless? I think the obvi answer would be granite for the evasion, but I really like the Quartz for the Dodge, Spell Dodge, and Phasing.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intruders_in_Black

Edit: Happened to find this video on doing it with the Scion, which seems more suited to SC (Lucky me playing Duelist on SC because I hadn't seen this), and it does a really excellent job of answering the question 'why spark' as well as some additional strategy with the gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJnflitHG5k

As an aside, so far I am levelled to 64 with just Frenzy and Blast rain (and suitable supports), although I was using LA instead of Frenzy before I happened to find a nice pair of Frenzy boosting gloves with the sockets I wanted.
Last edited by taosk8r on Apr 11, 2016, 5:20:13 PM
"
Zizaran wrote:
This is the duelist tree, you get a lot of health, acrobatics and enough damage to carry a party

Question about this: so I have both spark and vaal spark at 20/20, my tooltip spark DPS is 13k (at HO, no charges) and is does not feel like I can carry even a 3-man party. Is that the right perception? Or maybe I should rely on vaal spark more?
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Zizaran wrote:
This is the duelist tree, you get a lot of health, acrobatics and enough damage to carry a party

Question about this: so I have both spark and vaal spark at 20/20, my tooltip spark DPS is 13k (at HO, no charges) and is does not feel like I can carry even a 3-man party. Is that the right perception? Or maybe I should rely on vaal spark more?

You´re doing something wrong then...
I carry a whole Party without any Problem.
Just saw youre Level 74, if thats the right character.... Level up 80 - 90, get your other gems 20/20.

Have to test out my new Setup. Managed to get Headhunter.
My gear in hardcore perandus at the Moment:
Last edited by Masshypnosis1 on Apr 11, 2016, 6:44:40 AM
Yeah, my other gems are not 20/20 yet. So this, and the fact that I am missing a few +1 Frenzy Charge nodes on the tree are the only factors that come to my mind.
"You want my sockets?"
Great build so far but having some real serious mana issues at level 55? Will it get any better cause I'm getting tired popping a mana pot after every other pack. Also lightning golem worth getting this build?
Last edited by Atnola on Apr 14, 2016, 6:46:54 PM
Can someone explain why void manupalation and poisen in 6th link with spark do so shitty damage??
Hi Zizaran.
I getting so addicted to your Spark build here and want to run this build in the new Prophecy league. Is this build still that good as Voltaxic nerfed? Can you give some advices?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info