Viper Strike

Single-target damage, maybe. I stuck a melee splash on my viper strike and kill crowds much faster now; sure, the single-target damage is lower, but the straight damage per second isn't really the main reason to use the skill - rather, it's the fact that you can stab them a few times and then leave for somewhere safe while they keel over behind you.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Skivverus wrote:
Single-target damage, maybe. I stuck a melee splash on my viper strike and kill crowds much faster now; sure, the single-target damage is lower, but the straight damage per second isn't really the main reason to use the skill - rather, it's the fact that you can stab them a few times and then leave for somewhere safe while they keel over behind you.

Your highest level character is 62. I can't take this post seriously. It's been nerfed to oblivion.

To Mark, please read this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/660372
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
Skivverus wrote:

I would kill myself if I was doing 250+ DPS at level 55. With a weapon skill. In melee.
Last edited by dspair on Nov 29, 2013, 1:46:25 PM
Beta 1.0.1:
Viper Strike lvl-16
Base Duration: 7.0 secs
Chaos Damage: 253.8/sec

Beta 1.0.2:
Viper Strike lvl-16
Base Duration: 7.0 secs
Chaos Damage: 139.7/sec

TL;DR: RIP Viper Strike
So I need to clarify the new DoT change. Modifiers such as sword and two handed nodes should affect Viper Strike DoT when using a two handed sword?

I don't know if Generic Modifiers mean only "Increased Physical" or if it includes all kinds of damage passives within the skills category.
"
Whoaness wrote:
So I need to clarify the new DoT change. Modifiers such as sword and two handed nodes should affect Viper Strike DoT when using a two handed sword?

No, weapon mods only affect Viper Strike initial attack damage.

Nothing affects the Viper Strike DoT damage listed in the skill slot.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

No, weapon mods only affect Viper Strike initial attack damage.

Ooops, I meant "Increased Damage" not "Increased Physical" I'm pretty sure the patch notes say Increased Damage should affected everything.
"
Whoaness wrote:
Ooops, I meant "Increased Damage" not "Increased Physical" I'm pretty sure the patch notes say Increased Damage should affected everything.

Nothing affects the Viper Strike DoT damage listed in the skill slot.[/quote]
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

[/quote]

Well then, what a useless DoT patch for Viper Strike.
RogueMage may be pulling a GGG. Read his words carefully; he explicitly mentions 'damage listed in the skill slot'. I haven't checked with 1.0.2, but it's possible the Skill Tooltip simply shows Base Damage per Second, thus not including damage modifiers.

Two-hand/Sword Passives are Physical-only, whereas Viper Strike deals Chaos Damage over Time. They won't work anyways because the damage types aren't compatible. The equivalent of PA's Projectile Damage would be Melee Damage, but those Passives are also Physical-only. Get fucked Viper Strike. :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 29, 2013, 4:59:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info