Viper Strike

How does viper strike interact with dual wielding? If I equip a dagger and an offhand mace, viper strike will claim to have the same dps as my default attack. However, only the dagger will actually be used in combat as viper strike doesn't work with maces.

Will viper strike deal more damage with the offhand mace equipped than without one, as the DPS claims?
Viper Strike works the same as all other skills (except Dual Strike and Cleave) when dual-wielding; it only uses the appropriate weapon and you gain 10% More Attack Speed. The DPS display doesn't know what to do when only one of two weapons applies, though, so it fucks up (as it always does).
I am curious as to why Melee Splash works with Puncture and not Viper Strike. It makes more sense to coat multiple enemies with poison than to puncture a group of enemies with one swing.
Last edited by Varras on Nov 14, 2013, 10:17:49 PM
Because the damage penalty cannot apply to Viper Strike yet.
So how are we going to buff the damage of viper strike? Dual redbeaks and shavs? I don't see that happening for many people, screw shavs. Anyways, I wanted to link Viper with splash and FA probably in a +2 weapon, since i don't have +3 yet. But then it will be even worse for single target, and sort of meh for area. Anyone have good ideas? I don't see any discussion on the matter.
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 9:53:04 AM
Why viper strike gets aoe from melee splash, but does not get the boost damage contsentrated effect - just fine?
This is a bug?

As it is not true, poison arow I can increase the damage in 4 link minimum 13-14 (1200-1300%) times.

Why not write that Patch Notes nerf by 50%?

Last edited by nameforgame on Nov 29, 2013, 3:39:29 AM
"

There is not half the work, wrote theorist.
ATTATCK damadge not apply to DOT.

melee splash not penalty to DOT
Last edited by nameforgame on Nov 29, 2013, 3:53:34 AM
"
nameforgame wrote:
"

There is not half the work, wrote theorist.
ATTATCK damadge not apply to DOT.

melee splash not penalty to DOT

I've got no idea what you just said.
'' Damage Over Time Balance ''

More like nerf to me.

Its damage is weaker than ''pre-buff''

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info