(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Dragonide wrote:
I just helped Alira on Merc (+1 Power charge) by wrong and previously I helped Oak on Cruel for 16% phy dmg. How bad did I screw up this build? xD

I'm afraid your going to have to uninstall the game, move your physical location, change your name and become a Buddhist monk. Alira is a fuckup, costs 20 regrets to fix that ( you probably should ). Oak isn't a big deal, you'll do .01% less dps now.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 28, 2015, 5:47:42 AM
"
velislav87 wrote:
I enjoy this build a lot. I'm lvl 86 in just a couple of days. Well my question is what is the best way to do cash for kaom (its like 6-7 ex on warbands) or any of the end stuff.

Best bet for making currency is to farm Dried Lake in A4 Merciless. Kill Voll ( kill stuff along the way ) over and over again and hope for a Brittle Emperor Divination card to drop. Or you can map and just pray to get lucky while leveling. Either way use the Unid ( 2 ) Chaos recipe for anything ilevel 60-75. There is not guaranteed way to make currency, it all boils down to luck but chaos recipe is the most consistent albeit most grindy method.

LightyGaming.com
Hey Lighty!

I like this build a lot, have leveled to 58 in 24 hours with this build. However, I'm still in two minds as to what does the area of effect for auras node cluster actually does(I'm talking about Templar node cluster up there)?

Thanks in advance.
Hey lighty i've got 3 more questions ;)
first of all im planing on doing uber since i've pretty much managed to do 10 flawless (without getting hit) normal runs but i have no idea how cyclone performs how i should adjust my passives etc.
second what do you think about etups more defensive build, do you think its worth dropping a few leech nodes for hp and armor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314433
and third: how do you deal with random oneshots on maps, for example powerful crits mobs deal 80% extra damage as an element and before i get to leech i lose 100% of my hp within 1 frame and my immortal call and curse on cwdt dont even procc at all (apparently poe works on a max amount of like 20 check per second or so)
i do 75-76 maps simply for exp and i get around 3-4% per map, dieing randomly in 1 shots every 3rd map completly stopped my leveling progress, from 91 to 92 i died about 25 times on exp so far.
Gear:
Spoiler

got a kaoms heart (500 hp version) and a kaoms primacy with 400 dps 5 linked in my stash.
In addition i got a 6 linked white itemlevel 83 vaal axe which consumed so far 4000 alteration about 50 regals and scourings and 1 ex and still didnt manage to outdps my other crafted weapon (470 dps...)
Talents:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABS0FPAd1CZYJuwthDF8NzQ48ERoTTBPJFCAUcRfhGJEaOBynHM4hVSb4JwsnICtQLPswdzkOOlI8LUCgRrdHfkh4SdVOMlBHU6VXVFnzWf5eE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2hlaPJyqXNrdO12f3aseu97dHuMfNl-4IIHg1-DtoTEhNmE74VShmCG0YdqiiKKs5BVkGyTqJd5nleiAKknqZSsqq2NrlCvbK-nvJ-9Nr6nwKbBo8T2xVPGrs9-02_ZYdl82sHcMtw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu9O8B_zb_Pd9zL46_5U_ms=?accountName=DarthCidious&characterName=Sebosstimus
Last edited by DarthCidious on Jul 28, 2015, 7:09:17 AM
"
Hey Lighty!

I like this build a lot, have leveled to 58 in 24 hours with this build. However, I'm still in two minds as to what does the area of effect for auras node cluster actually does(I'm talking about Templar node cluster up there)?

Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to the Area nodes left of templar or the sovereignty cluster?
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
"
InBobWeTrust wrote:
Really liking the build so far. It's my fastest mapping char thus far. Though one question I have is related to the advice of getting the 4th end charge from Oak for doing Atziri. How practical is it to maintain 4 end charges during the boss fights for a manual or even CWDT triggered IC? I don't particularly want to spend 20 regrets to change the quest reward, but at the moment I find the 4th end charge to be pretty useless even when mapping. Vengeance - Stun - ECoMS - Melee Phys can't maintain end charges on its own since Vengeance doesn't trigger often enough and leap slam actually slows me down due to my high move speed. Any advice?

I use leap slam for engaging and maintain the charges and rarely have to recast enduring cry.
However, keeping charges is not for all the people, maybe that doesnt fit your style. It's all. You have to chose a character that you enjoying playing with, and maybe you prefer just 3 with daresso and forget about casting them if you are not enjoying leap slam charge mechanic.

As you have said, vengeance is just not reliable to do it. I use one leap slam, one cast, and then leap slam every 15 seconds aprox to keep them all up.

Just my opinion.

This is the more methodical and safer way to play I mentioned above. When I played cyclone in HC I did this, even more so with 7 endurance charges and blind on leapslam

Thanks for the reply from both. I won't be changing my chest for Daresso's since I'm running a legacy Lightning Coil and geared myself for that extra -60 lightning resist. I just can't say no to 30% physical damage reduction. Lighty, it might be an idea to add that chest to the list of options. Even a non-legacy one offers 22.5% physical damage reduction with 75% lightning resist, if you can cap it. It's not too difficult with this build since most slots can be nice rares instead of mandatory uniques.

I also love the rampaging feel of the build. With all of my movespeed modifiers up, I hit 183% move speed which is awesome. Right now my marauder is mid 70's so I'm still doing easy content. If I'm having troubles in 75+ maps I'll slow down and do what you two have suggested, more leap slams, enduring cry. If I happen to still be a wrecking ball in the high level maps and not fully utilizing the end charges, then I'll change the quest reward.

I also plan on taking on Atziri with this build. I've tried and failed a couple times with another char, so here's hoping I can do it with this one.

Thanks again for the advice!
"
Lighty wrote:
"
crux47 wrote:
Coming back to the game after almost 2 years, this build looks appealing to my play style. Best defense is a good offense!

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the ideal gem setup. I'm leaning towards having EC Skill Points and maintaining 7 EC's rather than using IC regularly, is this viable or dumb? If possible, also don't want to have to self-cast anything outside of high end stuff when it's necessary to use IC.

The only two links that seem obvious are:
Cyclone > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic > Fortify > Melee Physical Damage > Added Fire
Blood Rage > Phase Run > Blood Magic > Increased Duration

Leaving two other 4L available, assuming Kaoms. Would this work, or is there a better CWDT route? Don't fully understand the CWDT mechanics as far as skill gems and order of linking. Primarily I want to be able to utilize the effects of Punishment, Warlords Mark, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Hatred, and Haste.

Punishment > Warlords Mark > Hatred > Curse on Hit
Leap Slam > Vengeance > Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Haste unlinked

Would Conqueror's Efficiency and Champion of the Cause be enough to sustain those skills?

Thanks!

First off welcome back! So lets get down to it;

"Punishment > Warlords Mark > Hatred > Curse on Hit"
"Leap Slam > Vengeance > Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Haste unlinked"

If your planning on running Haste + Hatred you will have 100% mana reserved. You have phase run and bloodrage off bloodmagic which is perfect but you want to run 1 of 2 curses and leap slam id imagine.

You have 3 decent routes for doing what I think you wanna do;
1) Vengeance + curse on Hit + Endurance charge on melee stun + Curse
2) Vengeance + Endurance Charge on melee Stun + Leap Slam + Bloodmagic
3) Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Curse on Hit + Curse

If you use option 3 your other 4 link can be:
1) Aura + Aura + Vengeance + Endurance Charge on melee stun

Another 4 Link option is :
2) Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Immortal Call + Bloodmagic

Its going to be tight to fit everything you want with a 6l for cyclone and no body sockets.

Do you have to have an attack linked to CoH for it to work? I thought it triggered off any attack.

For instance, would this not ever trigger: Curse > Curse > CoH > BM
Or if I used the one you suggested, would it only trigger on Leap Slams? Leap + BM + CoH + Curse

Also noticed a number of people saying Veng + ECoMS not maintaining Endurance charges very well. Would running Warlords Mark be enough to maintain 7?
Last edited by crux47 on Jul 28, 2015, 7:25:29 AM
"
crux47 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
crux47 wrote:
Coming back to the game after almost 2 years, this build looks appealing to my play style. Best defense is a good offense!

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the ideal gem setup. I'm leaning towards having EC Skill Points and maintaining 7 EC's rather than using IC regularly, is this viable or dumb? If possible, also don't want to have to self-cast anything outside of high end stuff when it's necessary to use IC.

The only two links that seem obvious are:
Cyclone > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic > Fortify > Melee Physical Damage > Added Fire
Blood Rage > Phase Run > Blood Magic > Increased Duration

Leaving two other 4L available, assuming Kaoms. Would this work, or is there a better CWDT route? Don't fully understand the CWDT mechanics as far as skill gems and order of linking. Primarily I want to be able to utilize the effects of Punishment, Warlords Mark, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Hatred, and Haste.

Punishment > Warlords Mark > Hatred > Curse on Hit
Leap Slam > Vengeance > Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Haste unlinked

Would Conqueror's Efficiency and Champion of the Cause be enough to sustain those skills?

Thanks!

First off welcome back! So lets get down to it;

"Punishment > Warlords Mark > Hatred > Curse on Hit"
"Leap Slam > Vengeance > Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Haste unlinked"

If your planning on running Haste + Hatred you will have 100% mana reserved. You have phase run and bloodrage off bloodmagic which is perfect but you want to run 1 of 2 curses and leap slam id imagine.

You have 3 decent routes for doing what I think you wanna do;
1) Vengeance + curse on Hit + Endurance charge on melee stun + Curse
2) Vengeance + Endurance Charge on melee Stun + Leap Slam + Bloodmagic
3) Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Curse on Hit + Curse

If you use option 3 your other 4 link can be:
1) Aura + Aura + Vengeance + Endurance Charge on melee stun

Another 4 Link option is :
2) Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Immortal Call + Bloodmagic

Its going to be tight to fit everything you want with a 6l for cyclone and no body sockets.

Do you have to have an attack linked to CoH for it to work? I thought it triggered off any attack.

For instance, would this not ever trigger: Curse > Curse > CoH > BM
Or if I used the one you suggested, would it only trigger on Leap Slams? Leap + BM + CoH + Curse

Also noticed a number of people saying Veng + ECoMS not maintaining Endurance charges very well. Would running Warlords Mark be enough to maintain 7?

Vengeance and leap slam can be used to apply your CoH curse and yeah vengeance ( especially at a lower level ) cant maintain charges very well but it helps, warlords mark into the mix should sustain them though.
LightyGaming.com
"

This is the more methodical and safer way to play I mentioned above. When I played cyclone in HC I did this, even more so with 7 endurance charges and blind on leapslam

"

Thanks for the reply from both. I won't be changing my chest for Daresso's since I'm running a legacy Lightning Coil and geared myself for that extra -60 lightning resist. I just can't say no to 30% physical damage reduction. Lighty, it might be an idea to add that chest to the list of options. Even a non-legacy one offers 22.5% physical damage reduction with 75% lightning resist, if you can cap it. It's not too difficult with this build since most slots can be nice rares instead of mandatory uniques.

I also love the rampaging feel of the build. With all of my movespeed modifiers up, I hit 183% move speed which is awesome. Right now my marauder is mid 70's so I'm still doing easy content. If I'm having troubles in 75+ maps I'll slow down and do what you two have suggested, more leap slams, enduring cry. If I happen to still be a wrecking ball in the high level maps and not fully utilizing the end charges, then I'll change the quest reward.

I also plan on taking on Atziri with this build. I've tried and failed a couple times with another char, so here's hoping I can do it with this one.

Thanks again for the advice!

Lightning coil was already on the helpful uniques list! Glad your liking it and for atziri id say 5k life 25k dps is a safe place to start her ( around lv 80 ish ). Best of luck!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 28, 2015, 7:31:54 AM
"
DarthCidious wrote:
Hey lighty i've got 3 more questions ;)
first of all im planing on doing uber since i've pretty much managed to do 10 flawless (without getting hit) normal runs but i have no idea how cyclone performs how i should adjust my passives etc.
second what do you think about etups more defensive build, do you think its worth dropping a few leech nodes for hp and armor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314433
and third: how do you deal with random oneshots on maps, for example powerful crits mobs deal 80% extra damage as an element and before i get to leech i lose 100% of my hp within 1 frame and my immortal call and curse on cwdt dont even procc at all (apparently poe works on a max amount of like 20 check per second or so)
i do 75-76 maps simply for exp and i get around 3-4% per map, dieing randomly in 1 shots every 3rd map completly stopped my leveling progress, from 91 to 92 i died about 25 times on exp so far.
Gear:
Spoiler

got a kaoms heart (500 hp version) and a kaoms primacy with 400 dps 5 linked in my stash.
In addition i got a 6 linked white itemlevel 83 vaal axe which consumed so far 4000 alteration about 50 regals and scourings and 1 ex and still didnt manage to outdps my other crafted weapon (470 dps...)
Talents:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABS0FPAd1CZYJuwthDF8NzQ48ERoTTBPJFCAUcRfhGJEaOBynHM4hVSb4JwsnICtQLPswdzkOOlI8LUCgRrdHfkh4SdVOMlBHU6VXVFnzWf5eE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2hlaPJyqXNrdO12f3aseu97dHuMfNl-4IIHg1-DtoTEhNmE74VShmCG0YdqiiKKs5BVkGyTqJd5nleiAKknqZSsqq2NrlCvbK-nvJ-9Nr6nwKbBo8T2xVPGrs9-02_ZYdl82sHcMtw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu9O8B_zb_Pd9zL46_5U_ms=?accountName=DarthCidious&characterName=Sebosstimus

Yeah etups version is the safe hardcore version and he runs lightning coil since physical damage is kinda a build deal at the moment. Uber is a whole other ball game and im going to be attempting her very soon ( next new days ) so i'll keep you posted on how it goes and what i did to achieve it. Kaoms helps alot with the random 1 shots, just having a large life pool in general and always keeping a granite flask rolling for tough packs; rumis is best!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info