(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Yatori90 wrote:
In standard cyclone setup, what you guys think about chance to bleed against single targets, instead of conc. effect? It would boost dmg better for bosses? or better booster is conc. effect?

Even if you invest very heavily in the bleed mechanic (stack bleed multipliers, use crimson dance, etc.), for bossing alone, conc effect will be much more damage.

Chance to Bleed offers mapping quality of life, because it gives you bigger bleeds, this translates into having to circle back less to kill stragglers, you can move on while they bleed to death. The damage from conc isnt even needed until you want to Guardians and Shaper, if you have a 500 pdps weapon and good gear, literally everything else melts in seconds.

If you want to use Chance to Bleed while bossing, you may as well play Crimson Cyclone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010 . Classic 2hd RT cyclone is not based on bleeds, they are just tangential damage.

I think a lot of people are trying to find "the one" setup that is good for everything, I think what needs to be understood is that the optimal gems you use depend on factors - what ascendancy, what content you want to run, and how lazy or try-hard you want to make the build.

There are time I even put Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in my main links since I play jug and just dont wanna deal with enduring cry for low-end mapping! Right now my links are Cyclone-MPD-Fortify-Ruthless-Maim-Brutality and Im doing uber lab, I dont even need conc effect for Izaro and Argus, they last 2 seconds each, and fortify is there to make sure the run is not a rip, which is crucial for lab.

Last edited by Samir316 on Sep 13, 2017, 12:13:51 PM
"
Samir316 wrote:
Right now my links are Cyclone-MPD-Fortify-Ruthless-Maim-Brutality and Im doing uber lab, I dont even need conc effect for Izaro and Argus

-Ruthless
+inc AoE/conc (swap only for t14+ bosses or t12+ with extra life/phys protection)
...is what I find the ideal setup for mapping.

4L DpS (+inc AoE, fortify) is more than enough for normal mobs, and once you pop your flasks and your warchief, mid tier bosses also don't stand a chance.

Today, I bought a second Starforge for the lulz.

(have 2x Weight of the empire in the tree)
Crazy single target on weapon swap, that's pretty sexy. ;)

The 5L Cyclone is still more than enough to clear trash.
(In beachhead finale, swap in conc effect and use the cyclone, not the HS)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 13, 2017, 12:55:38 PM
"
OberstGruber wrote:
"
tutstuts wrote:

Your gear is very good. Killing Guardians and Shaper should be easy for you.

I would aim for more defense with your next points. Damage should be no problem for you - so try to survive longer!

I had no problems killing guardians, but I couldn't do shaper, but most of it was due to me not knowing his mechanics, and by the time I figured it out, I was out of portals. Maybe next time I'll do better.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Today, I bought a second Starforge for the lulz.

(have 2x Weight of the empire in the tree)
Crazy single target on weapon swap, that's pretty sexy. ;)

The 5L Cyclone is still more than enough to clear trash.
(In beachhead finale, swap in conc effect and use the cyclone, not the HS)

This. I already have enough currency to afford a second starforge, so I was wondering if I should swap for something really good for single target on my 6L. Does Heavy Strike work well on shaper and guardians?
Hey guys,

I am sorry - I do not know how to link my items here, but could somebody please check my gear and see, what I'm doing wrong? It feels like I'm too squishy and possibly not doing something right - I tried doing guardians but vaaled once are a no-go, and even some of the higher tier maps(t12-t14) just oneshot me.

What should I try to improve gear-wise, build wise or anything?

Please note that I've only started playing in 3.0, so I'm kinda new. Have about 10 ex to spend, if needed, to improve the gear or w/e.

Thanks!
"
tutstuts wrote:

This. I already have enough currency to afford a second starforge, so I was wondering if I should swap for something really good for single target on my 6L. Does Heavy Strike work well on shaper and guardians?

In PoB, I get 450k Shaper DpS with 20/20 gems, ruthless instead of faster attacks (didn't get 6R in 300 tries) and this configuration:
*been hit recently
*taken a savage hit recently
*maimed
*intimidated

610k with lion's roar, onslaught flask, witchfire brew.
721k with a warchief on top (+90k warchief dps)
(I unclicked Phase Run DpS, that's probably a bullshit number)

Do with these numbers whatever you want. I cannot run Shaper, have tried it and don't stand a chance... on my old computer, all bossfights are stutterfests, and you cannot do this fight when you cannot react to anything happening on screen.

But Guardians I can do, and I cut the time in the arena in half with this setup.
"
m00nb34m wrote:
Hey guys,

I am sorry - I do not know how to link my items here, but could somebody please check my gear and see, what I'm doing wrong? It feels like I'm too squishy and possibly not doing something right - I tried doing guardians but vaaled once are a no-go, and even some of the higher tier maps(t12-t14) just oneshot me.

You have almost no life on your gear, what do you expect?
You wear a belly but have nothing the belly can work with...

Remember you take 10% increased damage, so lower your life total accordingly.
(5000 life is not 5000 life for you, it's ~4500)

No fortify in your cyclone. No fortify at all, to be precise.

No Vaal Pact.

No defensive curse.

No basalt flask.
No bleed immunity flask.
Brutality, but using Atziri flask?

You need to be less greedy, give up some offense for defense.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
m00nb34m wrote:
Hey guys,

You have almost no life on your gear, what do you expect?
You wear a belly but have nothing the belly can work with...

Remember you take 10% increased damage, so lower your life total accordingly.
(5000 life is not 5000 life for you, it's ~4500)

No fortify in your cyclone. No fortify at all, to be precise.

No Vaal Pact.

No defensive curse.

No basalt flask.
No bleed immunity flask.
Brutality, but using Atziri flask?

You need to be less greedy, give up some offense for defense.

Should I be aiming at getting more Life, period?

I've never used fortify before - will look into it and try it, thanks for that.

I really dislike Vaal pact to be honest. As for defensive curse, what should I run and possibly instead of what?

I can get the flasks - thanks for pointing those out as well.

Thanks overall for pointing out my mistakes.
"
m00nb34m wrote:

Yup.
Aim for >70 on your rings, gloves ad boots.
Maybe drop the gore amulet for a >80 life rare.
Maybe drop Devoto helmet for a >120 life rare.
Maybe drop belly for Kaom's.
(you can look at my dude, I managed to get 9000 life this way)

"

I'd say 100% fortify uptime is a necessity in lategame for melee.
There's no way around it.
You can put it on your leap slam and apply it this way, but I'd just stick it on Cyclone and be done with it.

"
As for defensive curse, what should I run and possibly instead of what?

A lowish Enfeeble on a CWDT setup should be enough.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
m00nb34m wrote:

Yup.
Aim for >70 on your rings, gloves ad boots.
Maybe drop the gore amulet for a >80 life rare.
Maybe drop Devoto helmet for a >120 life rare.
Maybe drop belly for Kaom's.
(you can look at my dude, I managed to get 9000 life this way)

"

I'd say 100% fortify uptime is a necessity in lategame for melee.
There's no way around it.
You can put it on your leap slam and apply it this way, but I'd just stick it on Cyclone and be done with it.

"
As for defensive curse, what should I run and possibly instead of what?

A lowish Enfeeble on a CWDT setup should be enough.

Got it. Thank you once again for advices, going to try all of those. Any changes that I should possibly make in the passive tree?
"
m00nb34m wrote:
Any changes that I should possibly make in the passive tree?

Finish the sword cluster within the next couple levels.
Then... Life, life, life.

There's nothing else to do after that.

Your jewels should have 6-7% life each.
Get more jewel sockets. With even more life.

Maybe remove the generic damage nodes in marauder, start via the life nodes.
With those points, you could grab the "Tireless" cluster.
Or path into the life/chaos resist cluster Purity of flesh, the int on the way is kinda useful for Enfeeble, Vulnerability, Inc Aoe and Conc Effect, and there's another jewel socket along the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info