(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

i understand that you will be playnig with a party for mapping but ill only play solo. so the ally buffing parts of the champion would be kinda useless for me. do you think that i can survive without the stats that champion would give? i really want to try berserker. im just too scared that i might be a bit too glass cannon and wont be able to survive end-game maps or even atziri with berserker.

What to change? around 50k tooltip dps.
So would Duelist Champion still be the ideal choice for HC?
"
erol1234p wrote:
i understand that you will be playnig with a party for mapping but ill only play solo. so the ally buffing parts of the champion would be kinda useless for me. do you think that i can survive without the stats that champion would give? i really want to try berserker. im just too scared that i might be a bit too glass cannon and wont be able to survive end-game maps or even atziri with berserker.

I feel like berserker is fine and not 100% glass cannon, its 10% increased not 10% more damage taken however I still wouldn't run it for HC. If you dont want to go Champion but still want more dps in a SC setting just go slayer, the leech effects will act as a form of mitigation through offense.
LightyGaming.com
"
So would Duelist Champion still be the ideal choice for HC?

I feel that Champion or Juggernaut would work best for HC. I'm not sure how great the juggernaut endurance charge generation will be but if its good enough the 8 end charge route may become viable again without the need to spam enduring cry. I'm personally going Champion in HC because I value the movement speed for manually dodging many threats.
LightyGaming.com
"
TeamNobility wrote:

What to change? around 50k tooltip dps.

If you haven't gotten either Taste of Hate and Rumi's are great defensively and will smooth out many risky scenarios. Your rings are sub par and the unsets do very little for use unless your putting aura's in them and fixing certain link setups to be better optimized. I would still suggest res rings unless your somehow ele capped using unsets. Then obviously getting a 6l will boost your dps, go disfavour over coil since you gain the +1 gem benefit from your setup being in disfavour.
LightyGaming.com
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
erol1234p wrote:
lighty can i ask what ascendancy class do you think would be the best? and why

I maintain that Champion (Duelist) is the best Cyclone Subclass. Permanent and augmented fortify granting another link along with the movement speed buffs to improve our clearspeed seem to fit best with what is missing when I play. That being said if you want raw damage berserker's 40% more multiplexer is best. If you already have a Duelist and want more damage than slayer is probably best. If you have a Marauder and want to be a tanky as possible, Juggernaut fills that slot. The best subclass is subjective towards your current gear situation, league and playstyle. That being said I still feel champion is best. Scion okay too.

Funny that between Champion and Hezmana's we essentially have an 8 link Cyclone. I assume you aren't keeping Fortify anyway for the damage effect of the gem, so what would you suggest taking in that slot instead (inc aoe/conc effect)?

I too am torn between First to Strike, Last to Fall and Inspirational; though I know full well how nice extra movement speed can be, I think I'll probably end up taking the former simply because I almost exclusively play solo.

I also really want to like Slayer, but for as fun and interesting as it's effects sound, it doesn't bring anything build changing to the table like Champion or even Juggernaut do. I'd be interested to see an analysis on exactly how much Champions Fortify effects are worth in relation to Slayers oodles of increased damage.

I'll let you know how I find champion vs. slayer as i'll be testing both. I would run faster attacks - conc - inc aoe as my remaining 6th-7th-8th link depending on weather your using hezmana or champion or a combination of the two.
LightyGaming.com
just a quick update, these surgebinders seem good, keeping them slotted.

I been doing level 14 maps still havent got to level 15, but melting everything on contact in level 14 maps.

the bosses weren't bad, I honestly died a few times though. mostly just me being lazy and ignoring the bosses mechanics.
"
Lighty wrote:

I'll let you know how I find champion vs. slayer as i'll be testing both. I would run faster attacks - conc - inc aoe as my remaining 6th-7th-8th link depending on weather your using hezmana or champion or a combination of the two.

So you're saying with 8 you'll run Conc and Inc AoE together, leaving out WED. I suppose that means without Hezmana and only 7 you'd take WED and leave Conc/AoE out.

I didn't think about it earlier, but what about Hypothermia? I remember some discussion about it pages ago, but I'm not sure how reliable chill effects would be.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 1, 2016, 9:17:16 PM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

So you're saying with 8 you'll run Conc and Inc AoE together, leaving out WED. I suppose that means without Hezmana and only 7 you'd take WED and leave Conc/AoE out.

I didn't think about it earlier, but what about Hypothermia? I remember some discussion about it pages ago, but I'm not sure how reliable chill effects would be.

If i had a 6l hezmana and I was champion I would run..

• Cyclone
  • Melee phys
  • Added fire
  • Wed
  • Faster attacks
  • Conc effect
  • Inc aoe
  • Culling Strike

The 8th slot is very flexible and can be used with lgoh/leech/hypo ect.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 1, 2016, 10:48:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info