(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,
First of all thank you Lighty for this build.

I've just started a new char in standard following this build. I'm currently lvl 34.

I've got a question regarding to gems, I see that in your gear you're not using bloodmagic for cyclone.

With your experience, Is it better to focus on mana for cyclone / utility or relying on blood magic ?

Got all my jewlery with -8mana cost but still need them with blood magic, my leech is not high enough.

At my lvl and with your experience, what do you recommand for links for my utility and curse ?

currently I'm using : blood rage / phase run / increased duration / blood magic

I would like to use vengeance and warlord's mark, but self cast or with a CWDT or COH ?

Thanks !

I am/do use the bloodmagic support gem; if you look again you will see on my weapon is crafted "Gems in this item are Supported by level 1 Blood Magic". Thanks to the forsaken master Vagan I can craft this prefix onto my item (mace/staff only) and it grants my cyclone lv1 bloodmagic without having to actually use the support gem; effectively granting me a free link. Utilizing Elreon jewelry for -8 mana cost can be very helpful early on but running cyclone off mana in general i find is a poor choice. I would suggest either using the bloodmagic support gem or the bloodmagic keystone if you want a more tanky approach. Your utility's seem and you can basically place vengeance anyway; although I personally like the setup [ vengeance - bloodmagic - leap slam - faster attacks ] for a 4L.
Regarding Curse & Curse Application
Okay so if your going to use a curse I would suggest using one listed below as most others don't effect anything were trying to accomplish as cyclone.

As far as the method of applying the curse there are only 2 that work well imo. Only upside to using Coh is you can use a lv20 curse; aside from that cwdt is the superior method for curse application.

• Curse + Curse on Hit + Vengeance/LeapSlam
  • Curse + Cwdtlv1
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 22, 2015, 6:32:24 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've just started a new char in standard following this build. I'm currently lvl 34.

I've got a question regarding to gems, I see that in your gear you're not using bloodmagic for cyclone.

With your experience, Is it better to focus on mana for cyclone / utility or relying on blood magic ?

Got all my jewlery with -8mana cost but still need them with blood magic, my leech is not high enough.

At my lvl and with your experience, what do you recommand for links for my utility and curse ?

I would like to use vengeance and warlord's mark, but self cast or with a CWDT or COH ?

Thanks !

I am/do use the bloodmagic support gem; if you look again you will see on my weapon is crafted "Gems in this item are Supported by level 1 Blood Magic". Thanks to the forsaken master Vagan I can craft this prefix onto my item (mace/staff only) and it grants my cyclone lv1 bloodmagic without having to actually use the support gem; effectively granting me a free link. Utilizing Elreon jewelry for -8 mana cost can be very helpful early on but running cyclone off mana in general i find is a poor choice. I would suggest either using the bloodmagic support gem or the bloodmagic keystone if you want a more tanky approach. Your utility's seem and you can basically place vengeance anyway; although I personally like the setup [ vengeance - bloodmagic - leap slam - faster attacks ] for a 4L.
Okay so if your going to use a curse I would suggest using one listed below as most others don't effect anything were trying to accomplish as cyclone.

As far as the method of applying the curse there are only 2 that work well imo. Only upside to using Coh is you can use a lv20 curse; aside from that cwdt is the superior method for curse application.

• Curse + Cwdtlv1

Thank you for your explanation, didn't see that blood magic mod on your weapon. Clearly elreon mod can be removed once blood magic is on ! thanks again for your guide
Thanks again to Lighty for the last update! I send a lot of new people to your fantastic guide here. It's one of the best, getting even better! Thumbs up!!
"
partyboy79 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks !

• Curse + Cwdtlv1

Thank you for your explanation, didn't see that blood magic mod on your weapon. Clearly elreon mod can be removed once blood magic is on ! thanks again for your guide

No problem buddy, let me know if you have anymore questions and your cyclone progress!
LightyGaming.com
"
dbH_Ram wrote:
Thanks again to Lighty for the last update! I send a lot of new people to your fantastic guide here. It's one of the best, getting even better! Thumbs up!!

Thanks buddy! I update aspects of the build daily, I should finish the second half of my major overhaul by Xmax :D
LightyGaming.com
Hi lighty, I've been following your build for a few days now and I'm just about to hit level 80, I'd like you to take a look at my gear and advise me on what I should be looking to upgrade next.
"
kirajiang wrote:
Hi lighty, I've been following your build for a few days now and I'm just about to hit level 80, I'd like you to take a look at my gear and advise me on what I should be looking to upgrade next.

List in order of importance, let me know if you don't understand what I wrote or need further explaining!

• 6 Socket, 4l+ and 20% Quality your kaoms primacy, If you'd like you can hold out for a 550pds rare or atziri disfavour
  • Replace body armour with 5-6L non tabula. Lightning coil,belly of the beast, tri res life rare, daresso's ect. Shouldn't cost more than 2-3ex
  • Jewelry is decent but needs upgrading overall, focus on res,life,added phys,wed,dex/int
  • Not aware of your flask situation but try and get a Rumi's and Taste of hate; if you cannot afford Taste, Atziri promise will do
  • Also unaware of your jewel situation but self crafting isn't very expensive; Alt/aug until 2 desirable stats, regal in hope of a 3rd. If 3 desirable stats yolo exalt
  • Upgrade helm,boots & gloves with more of the same
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 24, 2015, 12:55:56 AM
Hey Lighty, thanks so much for making this guide and keeping it updated - I've been following it for a few weeks and it's made everything a lot easier and a lot more fun. I feel like I've hit a wall right now though where any upgrade I want to make will cost me 2+ ex and I'm not sure if I've overlooked anything. I probably won't be able to save up the 30+ ex needed for an atziri's disfavor any time soon, but can you see any cheaper upgrades I can make before then? (I've been thinking about running vaal cyclone, but I'd have to play around with all of my gem slots and I'm not sure if it's worth it) Thanks!

"
hurii wrote:
Hey Lighty, thanks so much for making this guide and keeping it updated - I've been following it for a few weeks and it's made everything a lot easier and a lot more fun. I feel like I've hit a wall right now though where any upgrade I want to make will cost me 2+ ex and I'm not sure if I've overlooked anything. I probably won't be able to save up the 30+ ex needed for an atziri's disfavor any time soon, but can you see any cheaper upgrades I can make before then? (I've been thinking about running vaal cyclone, but I'd have to play around with all of my gem slots and I'm not sure if it's worth it) Thanks!

Aside from upgrading rares ( Which lasts until you get mirror gear aka forever ) you can 6s & 5-6L your Coil; as far as a weapon Disfavour is the only unique with more pdps than your current axe. You could always try your hand at self crafting but that can become a money sink very quickly. Taste of hate is a middle of the road (6-8ex) investment that's very much worth it. My suggestion is just keep mapping and start saving for a big rare wep (600pdps+) or Disfavour.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 24, 2015, 1:33:50 AM
Hi Lighty !

I'm now lvl 64 and I'm thinking about my future gear upgrades (when I'll reach lvl 68-69)

I don't have a lot of currency (2ex and about 150chaos).

Here is my current gear :

I already have a Doryani belt and a devoto's devotion to put on when I'll reach the required level.
I can also get a 6L rare chest from an another char.
My question is about my weapon, my kaom's is about 400pdps. I can afford for 1ex max a 470/480+ pdps rare.

Is it worth it or it's better to wait for a better weapon 500+ pdps ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info