(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
kirajiang wrote:
Hey, I'm wondering what the differences are between Facebreaker and 2H Cyclone builds? I know that facebreakers can achieve higher dps and survivability but in exchange sacrifice range on their cyclone. Is the sole reason of running a 2H over facebreaker cycloner the faster mapping?

Well I would said aside from the weapon range difference you mentioned its more about block than anything. You scale facebreakers dps differently since it mostly feeds off flat added physical in-place of a weapon slot. This can become problematic in a newer league due to the recent nerf to meginords girdle not to mention the overwhelming nerf when facebreakers themselves went legacy. I still feel it circles back around to the difference in defensive capabilities and block more than anything. A majority of facebreaker builds will go maxblock which requires a large amount of unique items to get going(Aegis Aurora,Rainbowstride,Stone of Lazhwar. This makes for a large list of prerequisites before your build can be "Up and running". Often these builds run an abyssus which grants a substantial amount of added physical damage but if used to early on can cause for a shaky experience from the increased physical damage taken; often the trade off for maxblock builds is the fear of being "one shot". As far as the overall dps comparison 2H will almost always be more; ive yet to see a facebreakers build with over 150k tooltip which is obtainable for cyclone especially in standard considering you would have to pay 80ex+ for a 990%+ pair of facebreakers; of which you could buy an 6L Atziri Disfavour for 1/3 the price and be better off. In conclusion I would say the main difference is block and being more tanky; although 2H Cyclone is tanky in an offensive way. If you want to learn about all things Facebreakers I suggest you check out Korgoth's: How to smash Heads - Facebreaker Guide. its the only one I would vouch for and I don't Suggest other build guides lightly.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 20, 2015, 8:03:17 PM
Ah, thanks a lot for the insight and for taking the time to get back to me so quickly. Much appreciated
Last edited by kirajiang on Oct 20, 2015, 8:13:02 PM
"
kirajiang wrote:
Ah, thanks a lot for the insight and for taking the time to get back to me so quickly. Much appreciated
I try buddy, let me know if you have any more questions.
LightyGaming.com
Thanks so much for this guide, well written and much fun to play in 1 month flashback! :)

I have now 4.7k HP and 12k paper dmg with cyclone and my gear:

Spoiler

I think my dmg is ok but the defense is very weak for a melee fighter. :/
Can you please help me and tell me what to upgrade best next?
"
kuchen85 wrote:
Thanks so much for this guide, well written and much fun to play in 1 month flashback! :)

I have now 4.7k HP and 12k paper dmg with cyclone and my gear:

Spoiler

I think my dmg is ok but the defense is very weak for a melee fighter. :/
Can you please help me and tell me what to upgrade best next?

So im going to list what I suggest you upgrade in order or importance & convenience. Im not sure of your currency situation and level but most changes I suggest will be cheap.

• Make your weapon,Armour 20% Quality
  • Craft Better flasks and Make Those 20% Quality. Make sure the flasks itemlevel is high enough to reach certain rolls (Consult this chart)
  • 6S Your Weapon. On Average this will cost 300ish Jewelers. Afterwards attempt to 4L it and congrats if you get 5-6L in the process
  • Aside from your helm & amulet you should replace & upgrade all your rares. Prioritize boots with 30% movement speed
  • After you complete all above upgrade You should try for some of these semi-expensive items. Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Belly of the Beast, Kaoms Heart, Doryanis Invitation Ming's Heart, Devotos Devotion. None of these are required but will help along the way to higher Tier Maps & Atziri
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 21, 2015, 8:54:40 AM
curse on hit aplies only to enemies you hit but with cyclone you pretty much hit anyone. so i was thinking of using COH with warlords mark or punishment. maybe bots if that's possible. do you think that's a good idea or should i link it with Cwdt? warlords mark can give you endurance charge (althou thats already taken care of with eduring cry) but it give 2% life leech. And punishment when you get the buff my DPS is 1/3 higher (as of right now it goes from 4k to 6k tool tip dps). i saw you didnt use curses in your gear thats why im asking. sorry if this is confusing i just write everything that comes to mind. thanks
"
Summusdeus wrote:
curse on hit aplies only to enemies you hit but with cyclone you pretty much hit anyone. so i was thinking of using COH with warlords mark or punishment. maybe bots if that's possible. do you think that's a good idea or should i link it with Cwdt? warlords mark can give you endurance charge (althou thats already taken care of with eduring cry) but it give 2% life leech. And punishment when you get the buff my DPS is 1/3 higher (as of right now it goes from 4k to 6k tool tip dps). i saw you didnt use curses in your gear thats why im asking. sorry if this is confusing i just write everything that comes to mind. thanks

Okay so if your going to use a curse I would suggest using one listed below as most others don't effect anything were trying to accomplish as cyclone.

As far as the method of applying the curse there are only 2 that work well imo. Only upside to using Coh is you can use a lv20 curse; aside from that cwdt is the superior method for curse application.

• Curse + Curse on Hit + Vengeance/LeapSlam
  • Curse + Cwdtlv1
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 21, 2015, 2:41:34 PM
"
Okay so if your going to use a curse I would suggest using one listed below as most others don't effect anything were trying to accomplish as cyclone.

Punishment
Warlord's Mark
Temporal Chains
Enfeeble
Vulnerability

As far as the method of applying the curse there are only 2 that work well imo. Only upside to using Coh is you can use a lv20 curse; aside from that cwdt is the superior method for curse application.

Curse + Curse on Hit + Vengeance/LeapSlam
Curse + Cwdtlv1

Is it possible to apply 2 curses or do it need nodes/items?
"
Summusdeus wrote:
"

Punishment
Warlord's Mark
Temporal Chains
Enfeeble
Vulnerability

Curse + Curse on Hit + Vengeance/LeapSlam
Curse + Cwdtlv1

Is it possible to apply 2 curses or do it need nodes/items?

There are 4 way to gain an additional curse on enemies. The only one that would be worth getting is "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" Amulet on an already good cyclone amulet; this would be extremely expensive.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 21, 2015, 3:43:54 PM
Hi everyone,
First of all thank you Lighty for this build.

I've just started a new char in standard following this build. I'm currently lvl 34.

I've got a question regarding to gems, I see that in your gear you're not using bloodmagic for cyclone.

With your experience, Is it better to focus on mana for cyclone / utility or relying on blood magic ?

Got all my jewlery with -8mana cost but still need them with blood magic, my leech is not high enough.

At my lvl and with your experience, what do you recommand for links for my utility and curse ?

currently I'm using : blood rage / phase run / increased duration / blood magic

I would like to use vengeance and warlord's mark, but self cast or with a CWDT or COH ?

Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info