(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
scrooge999 wrote:
So after watching https://youtu.be/g2xY71dIzz0 I'm curious whether Vaal Lightning Strike would work for this build as well against tough bosses? It can store up to 3 uses and deals damage for up to 9 seconds with each hit, allowing us to run back and forth like headless chickens while the boss dies...has anyone tried it?

I also can't wait to get another weapon than Primacy. Primacy is great value, but I want to cull bosses with Reaper's Pursuit and Item Rarity on weapon swap, and Primacy already culling spoils the fun.

its fine but cyclones single target dps was never its problem if you just swap in conc effect. If you have a free 4l and want to run Vaal LS over Vaal Cyclone or something its fine.
LightyGaming.com
"
Aramoris wrote:
Thanks for this wonderfull Guide :)
Atziri was very easy and maps (if they drop) are all fast cleared :D

Any Advice what i should improve next?
What dps increase would a atziris disfavour be? :)
atm im @ 33k dps with auras

my gear:
Spoiler

Kaoms heart, Lightning Coil, Taste of hate, Atziri Disfavour are all good next buys, wit disfavour assuming its 6l you'd prob get around 45k-50k if your at 33k atm with that axe. You can always being to quality your gems and shoot for 21/20 - 20/23's
LightyGaming.com
"
Sattarqt wrote:
Map Bosses have immune to curses? And what is the best curse for Curse on Hit with Vengeance in terms of improving defense for character?

Map bosses in general are NOT immune to curses, some select few may be. The best way to curse is cwdtlv1 + curse compared to veng + Coh + Curse. Enfeeble / warlords mark / temp chains are the best 3; enfeeble best overall since you still get hit to trigger your cwdt + veng setups but the hits are weakened.
LightyGaming.com
"
dearblues wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
dearblues wrote:
Need Some Help atm.

What Item Do I Need To Change. My Hp Is 3.6k atm

Replace all your gear ( excluding weapon & helm ) with life added rolls; keep in mind a large portion of your life will come from levels and the passive tree. Kaoms heart offers a large armour, 500 life before scaling.

thx for the reply. any other suggestion then kaoms?

and where do everyone farm to get ex? never looted 1 before

Farming currency is a loaded question but: Chaos recipe + map 24/7 ( alch,chisel 75+ maps ), alch high ilevel jewelry and setup a poe.trade shop.
LightyGaming.com
"
hitreza wrote:
Thanks for the great video update on the uber-progress!

i hope you will kill her soon!

great work!

Yep, can kill her with PA & Lowlife Crit mjolner but 2H RT Cyclone is tricky. Going to try again and i hope someone else can kill her with it.
LightyGaming.com
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
scrooge999 wrote:
As everyone is using Blood Magic, I just wanted to state that it's definitely viable to run Cyclone off mana with this build. The only things I changed to make it possible was spending two points to get to Mana Flows and wearing an Elreon ring (I also took the Unrelenting cluster but that's in Lighty's tree as well).

This is all true but don't forget that you cant run 25%/50%/100% less/no regen maps if your running off mana. It also prevents you from running 100% reserved mana off auras ( not a big deal ).

I haven't tried a "no regeneration" map yet, but "20-50% slower recovery" (I think that's what you meant) I can do fine with mana. Most of my mana comes not from regeneration but from leech (0.4 from gear and 2 from Warlord's Mark on CWDT) and even a tiny amount is sufficient to continue spinning.

Your point about the auras is taken, though I think the extra support link (Added Fire in my case) is more valuable than an extra 25% aura (another Herald? Arctic Armour?) at least in terms of damage dealt.

Of course, you got the best of both worlds by just adding the blood magic mod to a high dps weapon.

There's only one thing I dislike about the build so far, and that's a couple of deaths due to getting stuck in a door or furniture, not being able to move in time and thus stopping to spin and leech. Dealing damage with a movement skill has some disadvantages as well. But overall it's great.

Fair enough, for the getting stuck in doors part that's where having good flasks come in handy; Rumi's, Panic flasks ect.
LightyGaming.com
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
This seems like a decent Jewel.

I can see that being 10ex given axe being the most common weapon type.
LightyGaming.com
"
The_Rain_Man wrote:
Here you go the most DPS i have seen out of my cyclone with BM node in a 78 map party- 225K DPS

The images are huge you will have to scroll along at the bottom of the page.
Spoiler

Standing in town 71k DPS
Spoiler

Playing solo 126k DPS max....At the moment.
Spoiler

Goes to show you can push these things pretty far. Survivability is fine i do tone it down abit in high level full party maps though if the map mods are hard af.

Yep cyclone can now reach high dps compared to previous iterations but the issue is if your in a setting such as this with aura-mancers and such; other builds can do it better. Cyclone is best solo and in a new league due to it requiring 0 unqiues and can be 100% self found; although you can push the limits of the build as you have, which is always fun to do. Ive seen similar 200k+ tooltip dps when playing with lowlife aura bots for 80 map rotations and its hilarious when you have headhunter aswell and break 400kdps and 15k life if even for a moment. After running a uber tests i wish i could translate cyclone 6 man group performance to uber without loosing the integrity of the builds and going acro+arrow dancing ect, but it seems very difficult. Let me know if you attempt uber and how you go about it; I will add finding to the uber section of the guide when people start posting them.
LightyGaming.com
"
scrooge999 wrote:
Wow, I didn't think it could go that high with this build, especially while also having 9k life. I assume you have a Disfavour or something better as your weapon?

6L disfavour ( Gold standard of cyclone uniques ) if my memory serves from his previous post.
LightyGaming.com
"
I have not had as much fun playing a pre-built spec as this! About to enter mapping in earnest for the first time after flying through Act IV Merc. Thank you for the time and effort.

Congrats and let me know if you have any further questions.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info