(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Akalamiammiam wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Congrats on the sloppy kill! Few things i notice in your gear, I would swap stun for [ endurance charge on melee stun ] and vaal cyclone ( along with other vaalskills ) doesn't require mana anymore. Try and swap your skill gems around to get vaal haste + increased duration if possible, its opop. If you have good-decent jewels or have the currency to craft them I would suggest grabbing as many jewel slots within reach; they are weighted very high due to the insane potential rolls they can have.

Thanks !
For Stun and ECoMS, it was just a quick setup to get Leap Slam + Faster Attacks for Atziri, and I didn't pay attention to what I removed. The Vengeance setup will probably disappear once I get a Kaoms, so not a big deal anyway.
I know for Vaal Cyclone, but I don't have any other place to put it, same for Vaal Haste + Inc Duration, can't place the Inc Duration (or if I want to, need to remove Molten Shell from my CwDT setup). Once I get Kaoms + 6L weap, I'll probably respec for BM node, and so everything will be a lot easier, but I'm not sure it will append soon...

I don't have really goods jewels, and they are really expensive, but I think it will be the next thing to buy, even before Kaoms.

Do what you can with what you got!

Although the jewel process I go through works well for me im unaware of your in-game financial situation so you may not be able to afford this in which case just buy the jewel you need/want from poe.trade

If at any point you hit/create a jewel that's 3 good stats together ( fire damage - proj damage - proj speed ) that isn't good for you build but good for another ( flame totem in this scenario, keep it, sell it and fund more jewel rolling.

My basic process

1) Find the jewel base you want for the build ( Certain jewels have higher chances of rolling certain mods )
2) Alteration until 1-2 Desired stats
3) Augment If open Prefix - suffix
4) Regal if desired Prefix + Suffix
5) If 3 Good Rolls keep/sell or Yolo Exalt
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

Although the jewel process I go through works well for me im unaware of your in-game financial situation so you may not be able to afford this in which case just buy the jewel you need/want from poe.trade

If at any point you hit/create a jewel that's 3 good stats together ( fire damage - proj damage - proj speed ) that isn't good for you build but good for another ( flame totem in this scenario, keep it, sell it and fund more jewel rolling.

My basic process

1) Find the jewel base you want for the build ( Certain jewels have higher chances of rolling certain mods )

Actually I'm probally around 80-100c in currencies (not that much exalt with the current ratio.. Don't have a lot of thing to sell that worth more than a few chaos sadly) so I need to farm a bit, but yeah I think I'm gonna try to craft some jewels for now, it should be easier and cheaper for good 2-3 stats jewels, and later buy some 3-4 stats. Leveling also begin to slow, so getting those jewels isn't an emergency since I only have 2 slot for now !
"
Akalamiammiam wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

My basic process

Actually I'm probally around 80-100c in currencies (not that much exalt with the current ratio.. Don't have a lot of thing to sell that worth more than a few chaos sadly) so I need to farm a bit, but yeah I think I'm gonna try to craft some jewels for now, it should be easier and cheaper for good 2-3 stats jewels, and later buy some 3-4 stats. Leveling also begin to slow, so getting those jewels isn't an emergency since I only have 2 slot for now !

If your sitting on a surplus of chaos ( 80-100 ) just chaos spamming crimson jewels isn't a terrible idea since there arnt many affixes for jewels atm; yet again if it rolls 3+ stats that work well for another build keep it and roll a new one.
LightyGaming.com

Thats a picture of your tree for axe cyclone, the 4 points i have selected would give a total of

32% Armor
17% Life

Going for constitution would give

20 strength
19% Life
20 Flat life

Im wondering then if going for those 4 points would be more effective than going for the point 4 points it would take to get constitution or if the extra life would still make constitution better
"
Rockystang wrote:

Thats a picture of your tree for axe cyclone, the 4 points i have selected would give a total of

32% Armor
17% Life

Going for constitution would give

20 strength
19% Life
20 Flat life

Im wondering then if going for those 4 points would be more effective than going for the point 4 points it would take to get constitution or if the extra life would still make constitution better

Now i see what you mean, based on just that comparison it makes more sense to go for juggernaut and marauder starting area nodes vs constitution wheel but your not considering if you go for constitution you now have access to all those life nodes that you may not be able to reach without it, really depends on what you plan to do after those 4 points.
LightyGaming.com
Unless my math is wrong assuming i take the rest of the jewel sockets and the few points i missed here and there, id only have one point to spare 5% life would be nice, but i could also just throw it into the other maruader start for more armor and 16 extra life or even one of the big dex/int nodes, i dunno too many possibilities lol

in any case ill probably never make it to 100, sooo would it be safe to assume that life nodes should take precedence over jewel sockets?
Last edited by Rockystang on Aug 20, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
"
Rockystang wrote:
Unless my math is wrong assuming i take the rest of the jewel sockets and the few points i missed here and there, id only have one point to spare 5% life would be nice, but i could also just throw it into the other maruader start for more armor and 16 extra life or even one of the big dex/int nodes, i dunno too many possibilities lol

in any case ill probably never make it to 100, sooo would it be safe to assume that life nodes should take precedence over jewel sockets?

I would value a jewel socket 2 passive points away over a 5% life node because of how insane they can roll; even with just 3 affixes ( of which can be % life ).
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
FrozenShivers wrote:
Finally got myself a Belly of the Beast! Only problem is I'm now about -20% under capped for cold res which I need to figure out and sort. Can you help me with my gear a little please homie?

I only have a couple of exalts at the moment, I'm level 90, I'm guessing I should sort out my terribad amulets/rings first? Having no issue's with dealing damage really.

Also, now that I have a Belly, should I replace one of my instant health flasks with a different health flask to make use of the recovery bonus? If so what would be the best base to grab please?

As always thanks in advance, never seen anyone be as responsive to people in a guide thread as you <3.

Congrats on the belly; its great for countless other builds so its a good investment overall. Having any minus resistance is a problem and should be fixed A$AP. Your right to assume your jewelry is dumpster-trash and you get a large amount of res from rings in most scenarios; so replace those first ( no need to spend more than 10-20c for shitty res two-stone/1 res rings [ POE.Trade Links 4 u Rings & Amulets ]. After you replace jewelry spending a few ex on good [ res + life + 30% move speed ] boots is a solid move. For flasks if you want to utilize the belly flask mod a [ Saturated Or Bubbling Divine Life Flask ] would be best; always good to have a slow rolling flask in addition to instant flasks; your granite flask is great but you should upgrade the quicksilver with the Perpetual Prefix if possible. Let me know if that answers everything or if you have other questions. #Lighty4Prez

Already started cracking away at your list, you're a star, thanks bro :)
So after watching https://youtu.be/g2xY71dIzz0 I'm curious whether Vaal Lightning Strike would work for this build as well against tough bosses? It can store up to 3 uses and deals damage for up to 9 seconds with each hit, allowing us to run back and forth like headless chickens while the boss dies...has anyone tried it?

I also can't wait to get another weapon than Primacy. Primacy is great value, but I want to cull bosses with Reaper's Pursuit and Item Rarity on weapon swap, and Primacy already culling spoils the fun.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Aug 21, 2015, 9:52:21 AM
Thanks for this wonderfull Guide :)
Atziri was very easy and maps (if they drop) are all fast cleared :D

Any Advice what i should improve next?
What dps increase would a atziris disfavour be? :)
atm im @ 33k dps with auras

my gear:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info