Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Is it necessary to have one dagger with "trigger socketed gem" to use the culling strike + storm brand or i am missunderstanding the meaning of that mod?
"
Oumegah wrote:
Is it necessary to have one dagger with "trigger socketed gem" to use the culling strike + storm brand or i am missunderstanding the meaning of that mod?

As I understand it, your storm brand will trigger it.
I am a bit frustrated here. If someone can look at my gear and say what i should replace next.
I have 2 daggers also that deal a bit less dps.

Problem is survivability. I am getting instant killed.
Getting ambushed by syndicate is almost always certain dead or it's really struggle to kill them.

Same with lootboxes. I place decoy, open box and if i get hit i am gone and dashing through mobs with flame dash or leap slam does not always work because mobs block me.

I know this build is not super fast for clearing but i can only do maps if i am going really slow.
Last edited by Kidjica on Jan 4, 2019, 4:51:13 PM
"
Oumegah wrote:

Culling Strike and Storm Brand do well together because anything with less than 10% health (including bosses) dies immediatly when hit with one of the little forking lightning zaps Storm Brand releases MANY times per second.

That combo works well linked anywhere.

I favor it on "Trigger socketed Gem" because I hate having to hit it all the damn time... but it should be noted some people don't like the semi-random positioning of brand on Trigger.

FYI - the way trigger works is that every time you use a skill it checks the gems in the item (starting at the top). The first one it finds which is not in cooldown it casts, usually where your mouse is if it is targeted. It has about a 4 second cooldown on each gem (tracked seperately).

In practice it's hella convenient for things that don't need precise targetting or lots of links... and most potent for things that already have a cooldown or limit where "automatically about every 4 seconds" is exactly what you want anyway (hence minions, buffs, debuffs, slow casting or cooldown based AoEs).

Note that You only have 3 brands allowed, so they'll be pulled off and re-applied in a new spot regularly before expiring.

Besides autoapplying (if you are into that crafted suffix on your weapon) Brand is also good for linking to:

Leech (if you need a bit of reliable mana regen)
Onslaught (good with culling as it triggers on kill)
Innervation (same as above - a decent buff to you on kill)
Increased Crit - Brand's many forks give it good chance to trigger our passive 40% more damage on crit buff
Arcane Surge (gotta cast it often = keep arcane surge up)

Fast Cast - more hits is more culls and more crits

etc.

Brand is nice because it sticks to enemies (like bosses) and can drop off and re-attach so you don't have to spam it a lot... unless you are dashing through trash mobs, as I spend 99% of my time doing.
Last edited by ShawnDream on Jan 4, 2019, 5:08:01 PM
Hey, I’m following this build and currently have finished the acts and am working my way through the Atlas.

I seem to have come to the point where I’m seemingly almost there gear wise from looking at other builds, but my dps in comparison seems fairly low. According to Path of Build my dps is 7k? I’m not sure how I can increase my dps in any reasonable way to the insane heights that others seem to have gone to. People seem to be talking about the hundreds of thousands and higher?

Could someone look at my gear please and suggest how I would manage to get so high. I would be immensely grateful for any advice!
Hi guys!
I'm trying to make my first crafted item in PoE. :)

Could you help me, please? Is this dagger is good enough for basis or I have to risk again with an Annulment orb for DD suff. After i saw another "elemental damage" (~1200 alts gone) with crappy suff i wanted to use orb of Annulment for 2 times (33% btw) but Regal gave me Penetrates...

I hope this roll is fine for basis and i can start to make my second dagger.

Thank you!

edit*

removed
Last edited by mk86 on Jan 15, 2019, 8:22:19 AM
I just got this as a base with only like 50 alterations and my annul hit. I know lightning damage to spells isn't optimum, but this should work right?

What would you guys recommend as the last suffix? Or rather, what crafts would be optimum with what I have?

Last edited by XeLLoS47 on Jan 4, 2019, 5:32:30 PM
"
andypresto wrote:
Hey, I’m following this build and currently have finished the acts and am working my way through the Atlas.

I seem to have come to the point where I’m seemingly almost there gear wise from looking at other builds, but my dps in comparison seems fairly low. According to Path of Build my dps is 7k? I’m not sure how I can increase my dps in any reasonable way to the insane heights that others seem to have gone to. People seem to be talking about the hundreds of thousands and higher?

Could someone look at my gear please and suggest how I would manage to get so high. I would be immensely grateful for any advice!

When they say hundreds of thousands they are referring to the Path Of Building effective damage. Although some definitely have 100k+ tooltip.

Dump herald of lightning and get a clear mind jewel. IE follow the guide =)

Your big ticket items are:
- a 6 link and/or Inpulsa's.
- Do you have a watchers eye? I didn't see one.
- Couple crafted daggers, look through the post history
- 21 Arc (can just buy one)
- Quality on the rest of your gems
- Some damage modifiers on your gloves and helmet. Improved modifiers on your ring and amulet
- Atziri's flask

I am sure others will chime in. But really just go read through the guide thoroughly.
"

"
nomorats wrote:
Spoiler
I see people mention that for around 10% of the cost we can craft maybe 80% good (ok) daggers. I don't have a single Exalt yet (even if I did 1.5 Ex, how am I to spend it for a lvl 85 base??) and very limited crafting experience (to fuck it up). My daggers are shit,

and it would be great to find out how to get better for 50-80 Chaos Orbs. Also I'd like to know if there is a point to do that at all. Although a GREAT build guide, which I truly appreciate, I think there is a huge gap between Chapter 10 and Elder maps that is close to skipped here. Like getting into and through red maps deserves some attention.

I know many people post their current builds here, but I'd really love to see some "APPROVED" NON-end-game variations of a complete setup as well. Like what are my target stats and gear at lvl 86 to 89.

I also wanted to ask if this armor could be any good for our build and if not - what makes it so. I am not trying to suggest it, I just found it and since my only other option for the moment is a Tabula Rasa I wanted to see what's better:

Same goes for this ammy:

Thanks a lot!

....Your chest is fine, just not optimal. The 6th link of Elemental Proliferation is wasted since we get the majority of that via Ascendencies. The rest is just doesn't scale very well with the build, but it will work. Remember, this guide was finished for launch, before knowing Inpulsa's would be so expensive. I fully expect it to be reworked to offer cheaper alternatives in the next league.

Thank you very much! (I just saw that you've responded to my post..)
But I didn't really get a couple things.. lol

1) Could you be more specific - what you mean by "6th link Elem. Proliferation is wasted", my armor is only 5L and if it were 6L the 6th would be Hypothermia, no? English is not my 1st language, so maybe I get confused by the wording..

2) Also, does the Lvl 20 Elem Penetration (my armor stat) stacks with Lightning Penetration Sup skill?

Thanks again!

PS: "I fully expect it to be reworked to offer cheaper alternatives in the next league." 8-O for NEXT league? :(((((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info