Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
kingkano wrote:
"
nomorats wrote:
what is "t1' elemental to chaos, i can't find it anywhere.. is any dagger with elemental to chaos a t1?

t1 means the top tier of that mod. for example t1 is 16-20% as extra chaos. t2 I think is 10-15% range. Some mods can have 10 or 14 tiers with different ranges. If you enable the option under options menu, you can hold down alt and hover over your item to see the tiers and ranges for the mod.

You probably will not buy one on the market (although, miraculously, I saw 1 for sale for 15c just now!) - most would craft if they got that roll as its so good. You need to buy a dagger, scour it, and try to roll it on there yourself using alterations.

Thank you! So the values of the base do not matter because if it's yellow dagger with more than 1 (or 2?) stats it is useless and I have to delete all stats with Scouring orb, correct, is that what they call "annulment"? And it will turn it into a normal item or what?
"
nomorats wrote:

Thank you! So the values of the base do not matter because if it's yellow dagger with more than 1 (or 2?) stats it is useless and I have to delete all stats with Scouring orb, correct, is that what they call "annulment"? And it will turn it into a normal item or what?

Correct. The mods on the base you buy are irrelevant because you scour them off. Scour turns it to a normal item with no mods.

Annulment is an orb that removes 1 random mod from the item. They cost a lot more (20-25 chaos currently) and not to be used hastily! But great when you roll your t1 stat, and regal it to get rare and get a dud. You then use an annulment to remove the dud stat (hopefully - its random!).

Make sure you get the right ilvl base and its shaper. those are the 2 important parts.
7 day /played on my guy this league from day 1 start and finally just got myself a 5l Inpulsa!!! my RNG has sucked so bad this league.

I promptly went and killed all of shapers guardians that i'd been saving maps for, deathless even!!! Up to 152/159 on atlas now.

My gear is bad, but I have the basics now to farm, leach watchers eye, inpulsa, 2 OK daggers.

POB is saying 371k DPS against shaper, so I might farm a bit to replace the worse items in my gear before I attempt him.

I'm sticking with him until uber elders down and 159 atlas!
"
kingkano wrote:
Spoiler
"
nomorats wrote:

Correct. The mods on the base you buy are irrelevant because you scour them off. Scour turns it to a normal item with no mods.

Annulment is an orb that removes 1 random mod from the item. They cost a lot more (20-25 chaos currently) and not to be used hastily! But great when you roll your t1 stat, and regal it to get rare and get a dud. You then use an annulment to remove the dud stat (hopefully - its random!).

Make sure you get the right ilvl base and its shaper. those are the 2 important parts.
Spoiler

Thank you very much! It's amazing how a couple of saved additional sentences in a guide can lead to hundreds of forum posts of clarifications.. ;)
Should i go mace or dagger?
"
Should i go mace or dagger?

Read the guide...or any one of the last 200 forum pages; you’ll notice a trend. Dagger.
Hey,
i'm currently playing this build and i was wondering if my next buy should be watcher's eye with mana leech or inpulsa 5 link ?
Inpulsa is more expensive than watcher's eye i believe.
Thanks in advance guys :)
"
warrri wrote:
"
Photekz wrote:
"
warrri wrote:
When you have a dagger with triggered spells and stormbrand in it, do the stormbrands pop up where you stand or where arc lands and get automatically applied on the target?

I had it spawn where I land with Whirling Blades or where my mouse is with Arc casts, personally after trying it for a few days I didn't like that setup.

Why didnt you like it? Im thinking about dropping double damage on one dagger and using that with Culling + Onslauhgt Stormbrand.
It's only 3% or so single target dps loss, but the onslaught alone would make normal map runs a lot faster i think. I never cast stormbrand manually except on bosses anyway. Id link arcane surge to golem cast then.

Mostly because of the proc rate, not enough.
"
ennydelavia wrote:
Hey,
i'm currently playing this build and i was wondering if my next buy should be watcher's eye with mana leech or inpulsa 5 link ?

I keep seeing folks say that Watcher's wrath leech is huge quality of life, which is probably better than an intermediate upgrade.

(I'm far from being able to afford it, but Warlord curse in a trigger on skill dagger is solving my mana leech down here in the chaos tier).

Speaking of my experimental links:
Auto-casting is very nice QOL (at the cost of 3c and one suffix)

Flame Dash is NOT better than Cold Snap in CWDT - yes I dash out of trouble spots often, but I seem to Dash INTO trouble more often.

Next testing layout:
autocast Warlord + Golem + Taunt Totem
autocast Culling Onslaught Brand
Surge on Fortify Fast Whirling (scaled to every 2 uses)

[ED - BAH from arcane surge's 3.3 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where certain support combinations could allow Arcane Surge to support and trigger from attacks. This was unintended." looks like it NEEDS a spell I was using Flame Dash before]

- and back to Feeble-Immortal-Snap CWDT

"
Ubering wrote:
Since you dont care much about minmax you could go for the lower tier but cheap crafts (double dmg and cast speed)

(1) Buy a base (ilvl 85+ shaped dagger)
(2) Scour it, quality it, transmute it
(3) Spam alterations until you get “16-20% elemental damage to chaos damage”
(3.5) Standard Only Augment for “8-10% lightning penetration” (or vise versa with step 3)
(4) Regal it
(5) Anull undesirable stat(s) (if undesirable)
(6) If wrong stat was annulled, rinse and repeat
(7) Craft multimod (2 ex craft found in The Pale Council)
(8) Craft double damage, lightning damage to spells, cast speed, non-chaos damage to chaos damage, hybrid spell damage + added chaos damage
(9) Divine to preference

I just grabbed a 5c i85 shaper and was dissappointed to spend 40 alts without seeing elechaos. I just read it takes around 300.

Is this a reasonable chaos tier plan:

5c base i85 shaper
1scour
(Forgot to quality - that helps?)
~100 alts to get 2 decent mods:
Elechaos/Lightpen
AND
Fastcast/elepen/Fastattack/CritSupp
1 regal and take my luck
... and just apply chaos orb crafted prefix and suffix

(If I get Fastcast or CritSupport it will be an autocast suffix for Cull-Slaught-Brand on the other hand FastAttack gets spell+chaos and socketed Surge-Whirl-Fortify and I cast my damn Brand by hand)

I THINK that should give me a good dagger for now that can serve as a remove crafted + annul attempts starter when I can afford multimodding. (or just sell it).

I'm new to crafting but 4-5 decent mods (of my choice) seems a great deal.

"
Scutilla wrote:
1) I currently have a corrupted Inpulsa with 5 links, 4b 1r. Do you have any recommendations for a red support for Arc until I can upgrade to a 6-link?

2) I see you dropped Herald of Thunder sometime in the last league rewrite or two. Is this because of Clear Mind, or because of lack of available gem sockets? If I have a spare gem socket should I stick with it, or is there another aura or CWDT skill you recommend over it?

I didn't see anybody answer you:
1 ) empower?

2 ) Almost certainly to save the Essence + Wrath + ClearMind package deal as Storm Brand does great for crits/culls.

Last edited by ShawnDream on Jan 4, 2019, 5:14:20 PM
"
ennydelavia wrote:
Hey,

I would say its not so black and white, ive played this build 3 leagues now, you have to get a feel for whats lacking equal to the currency you have.

I would have loved to switch to inpulsa earlier (only just switched and 5l) but I bought my shitty watchers eye with only life leach was 1 ex, so let me drop clarity and get culling, crit earlier.

1ex for that change or 5ex for inpulsa was a no brainer for me BUT inpulsa makes this build, even on a 5 link.

If you dont struggle with mana and can do say t15 then save. I did upto t15 on this build with no prob without inpulsa, if not, Inpulsa clear speed for farming currency will win!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info