Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Badtwo wrote:
Question...When we start getting our gems to level 20, and trade them up for a quality gem...how much dps loss/ how long to level does it take? I imagine I would only be able to do lower tier maps for awhile?

My recommendation is to flat out purchase a 21/0 Arc as soon as you can. For all your other quality upgrades do it as soon as you are able. You go through those first levels very quickly. 1-15 probably requires half the experience of 19-20. I’ve honestly never really noticed any dps loss as I upgraded.

"
shiroeneko wrote:
Otherwise, I think daggers are next for you. craft one according to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/862 where jlh165 nicely summarized what Enki, blg_RealiZe and others have mentioned about crafting. After that should be watcher's eye before inpulsa.

Oh dear, now I feel I should mention one of the most important aspects of crafting I forgot to mention in my little summary. Q U A L I T Y ! When your dagger is still a white, drop 4 blacksmiths on it. Your crafting rolls will thank you. Here’s roughly what I have on the previous post:

Spoiler
PerkyPsyco’s mini guide is linked to the gear section, but it can get a bit hidden. The gist is:
(1) Buy a base (ilvl 85+ shaped dagger)
(2) Scour it, quality it, transmute it
(3) Spam alterations until you get “16-20% elemental damage to chaos damage”
(3.5) Standard Only Augment for “8-10% lightning penetration” (or vise versa with step 3)
(4) Regal it
(5) Anull undesirable stat(s) (if undesirable)
(6) If wrong stat was annulled, rinse and repeat
(7) Craft multimod (2 ex craft found in The Pale Council)
(8) Craft double damage, lightning damage to spells, cast speed, non-chaos damage to chaos damage, hybrid spell damage + added chaos damage
(9) Divine to preference

The guide recommends getting maxed t1 lightning penetration instead of double damage. This may be better or worse depending on the amount of penetration in your other gear (thanks to blG_RealiZe for testing). However, it is much harder to get both those in the alteration spam. You cannot get double damage in standard.

The guide also recommends flat spell damage as a craft instead of lightning damage to spells. I’m fairly certain you are better off with lightning damage to spells, but check PoB to be certain.

Note: t1 crafts for cast speed and double damage are an exalt each, t2 crafts are only a few chaos. Craft to suit your budget. Remember that there are verified crafting services in the forums for any craft you may not have. I used one on my dagger.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 4, 2019, 12:39:06 AM
I've noticed a ton of people in here trying to craft GG daggers who don't even have their wrath leech Watcher's Eye yet. Please rememeber that your life is dependent on your mana pool as a MoM character. You need mana sustain to play this character. Watchers Eye is one of the keystones to this build.

It should be your first major purchase.

Dead players do zero dps. It doesn't matter if you have the best crafted dagger in the game.

"
"
Badtwo wrote:
Question...When we start getting our gems to level 20, and trade them up for a quality gem...how much dps loss/ how long to level does it take? I imagine I would only be able to do lower tier maps for awhile?

My recommendation is to flat out purchase a 21/0 Arc as soon as you can. For all your other quality upgrades do it as soon as you are able. You go through those first levels very quickly. 1-15 probably requires half the experience of 19-20. I’ve honestly never really noticed any dps loss as I upgraded.

"
shiroeneko wrote:
Otherwise, I think daggers are next for you. craft one according to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/862 where jlh165 nicely summarized what Enki, blg_RealiZe and others have mentioned about crafting. After that should be watcher's eye before inpulsa.

Oh dear, now I feel I should mention one of the most important aspects of crafting I forgot to mention in my little summary. Q U A L I T Y ! When your dagger is still a white, drop 4 blacksmiths on it. Your crafting rolls will thank you. Here’s roughly what I have on the previous post:

Spoiler
PerkyPsyco’s mini guide is linked to the gear section, but it can get a bit hidden. The gist is:
(1) Buy a base (ilvl 85+ shaped dagger)
(2) Scour it, quality it, transmute it
(3) Spam alterations until you get “16-20% elemental damage to chaos damage”
(3.5) Standard Only Augment for “8-10% lightning penetration” (or vise versa with step 3)
(4) Regal it
(5) Anull undesirable stat(s) (if undesirable)
(6) If wrong stat was annulled, rinse and repeat
(7) Craft multimod (2 ex craft found in The Pale Council)
(8) Craft double damage, lightning damage to spells, cast speed, non-chaos damage to chaos damage, hybrid spell damage + added chaos damage
(9) Divine to preference

The guide recommends getting maxed t1 lightning penetration instead of double damage. This may be better or worse depending on the amount of penetration in your other gear (thanks to blG_RealiZe for testing). However, it is much harder to get both those in the alteration spam. You cannot get double damage in standard.

The guide also recommends flat spell damage as a craft instead of lightning damage to spells. I’m fairly certain you are better off with lightning damage to spells, but check PoB to be certain.

Note: t1 crafts for cast speed and double damage are an exalt each, t2 crafts are only a few chaos. Craft to suit your budget. Remember that there are verified crafting services in the forums for any craft you may not have. I used one on my dagger.

Lol, I was trying to get both (elemental pen + just today, spent 300+ alts on that

Thanks for the tip
"
jackieh917 wrote:
I've noticed a ton of people in here trying to craft GG daggers who don't even have their wrath leech Watcher's Eye yet. Please rememeber that your life is dependent on your mana pool as a MoM character. You need mana sustain to play this character. Watchers Eye is one of the keystones to this build.

It should be your first major purchase.

Dead players do zero dps. It doesn't matter if you have the best crafted dagger in the game.

What is a good minimum for getting a watchers eye? Spent alot on inpulsa, essence worm and general upgrades, weapons were on my to do list but id be willing to snag watchers first. Just dont think i can go all out on it yet
Is a watcher's eye with a "Physical damage converted to lightning damage while affected by wrath" a good tanky option?
"
seagull694x wrote:
Is a watcher's eye with a "Physical damage converted to lightning damage while affected by wrath" a good tanky option?

it's an offensive mod, not defensive
it's YOUR physical damage is converted. And we don't deal phys damage so this mod is absolutely worthless for this build
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 4, 2019, 2:17:46 AM
Nvm i found the answer.
Last edited by Lifter_SE on Jan 4, 2019, 2:47:17 AM
"
Badtwo wrote:

I was lazy in past leagues and just bought them, lol because I was afraid of how long it would take to re-level them. Which is what I am worried about now and the reason I am asking.

It takes roughly the same amount of XP to level Arc from 1 to 19 as from 19 to 20. For Arc itself, it's best to level another copy or two in your weapon swap and once the first gem in your chestpiece reaches 20, quality it and swap it with a lvl19 one from your weapon swap. But, like others have said, it's absolutely worth just buying a lvl21 Arc straight from the market, saves you a lot of hassle and possible failed corruptions.

For support gems, just quality them and put them back in your 5-6link. Run 2 or 3 low tier maps and you should be back at roughly the same DPS as you were before. After they reach around lvl14, you should already be ahead in damage.
What is a good Gem to replace Mana Leech on Storm Brand with after we get Watcher's Eye?
"
AndarayPath wrote:
What is a good Gem to replace Mana Leech on Storm Brand with after we get Watcher's Eye?

culling strike

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info