Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Oh wow - you are WAY higher than the level 42 char that is visible... so all the noob advice I wrote is useless to you. But I'm posting it in case anyone actually noobier than me comes along.

For you - unlock the real chars visibility and folks can give better advice and focus on learning crafting if you are SFF.

The Real noob advice I wish I had my first goes around:

1 - Focus on enjoying the story and quests! It's a game, not a race. Learning how to explore maps to find the door to the next level will naturally lead you to sort of farming higher levels than folks who've done it a bunch so gear matters a lot less.

(hint - keep map fully zoomed out, if lost hit tab and use arrow keys to scroll the big map, than tab it back to the corner, and don't be afraid to portal back to town and control click the zone for a new map if you can't find what you want)

2 - Completing quests for passives and unlocking higher level zones are your real upgrades to power and loot - so don't sweat the small stuff, as the skills and links work with any gear.

3 - Pop on Poe.trade and whisper folks to buy cheap casterish 4 links (buy with the right colors - don't sweat stats too much):
- chest arc (like the first post)
- gloves for spire like Big_realize
- boots for cast when damage taken (keep it level 1!)
- helm for culling leech onslaught storm brand
- weapons for golem+wrath, and fast attack+leap or whirl

4 - Install a loot filter (it's easy, just unzip it into your POE folder where it says and choose it from the menu) - make sure loot highlight is toggled (so you can see chests without holding a key down) and just pick up the highlighted stuff (especially scrolls of wisdom).

5 - Only identify yellow gear, just vend the blue gear unrecognized. Not enough wisdoms for everything (especially later).

6 - Rebind flasks for easy use and practice using a lot (mouse scroll wheel is a good idea - when did you WANT to zoom in and see less screen?)

7 - Practice casting arc and brand as soon as you see trash, and leap/whirling ALL the time, especially if mobs are close to you. If you see a boss or syndicate drop spire trap or two and focus on dodging and arcing when you can.

8 - When you get the hang of this and crack 60ish and have chaos/exults - start buying real gear from the advice of the big guys.
Last edited by ShawnDream on Jan 3, 2019, 11:02:05 AM
"
supersani wrote:
I finally wanna switch from scepters to daggers:
Spoiler

Old setup:

Item Level: 84
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Faster Attacks
53% increased Spell Damage
28% increased Lightning Damage
21% increased Attack Speed
21% increased Cast Speed
Gain 8% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage
--------
Shaper Item

--------
Item Level: 84
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage
--------
52% increased Spell Damage
+55 to Intelligence
20% increased Lightning Damage
Adds 8 to 126 Lightning Damage to Spells
10% increased Cast Speed
10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy
--------
Shaper Item

so I crafted these 2 (rare) daggers:

Dagger
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 26-104 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Critical Strikes
82% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells (T1)
Gain 19% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

--------
Dagger
Rarity: Rare
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 26-104 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
Gain 18% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
--------
Shaper Item

So now I just need someone to multi mod those (cost 2ex ea?) correct?

Felt way to easy and only costed me like 400 alch?! Was I just lucky or am I missing something?! It seems those bases cost like 6 ex ea on poe.trade?

Thanks for help!

from my experience crit on dagger is not worth it, you are losing about 6% DPS (crit instead of 7% double damage)
Probably just try to annul it
You keep it only if you are on a budget
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 3, 2019, 11:00:00 AM
"
ShawnDream wrote:
Oh wow - you are WAY higher than the level 42 char that is visible... so all the noob advice I wrote is useless to you. But I'm posting it in case anyone actually noobier than me comes along.

Yes, my Orignal post on 853 stated that I play on xbox.

The lvl 42 you see on my character is what I played on PC for the first-weekend Betrayal came out.

I also edited the Enki's PoB to show all my gear and stats that I was using.

So here it is again

What in my gear needs improving the most, where would you start.

https://pastebin.com/ttXWZhLW

After entering everything into the Pastebin I see everything needs improving.

How long do I keep the Tabula for, when do I move over to a 5 link rare or a 5 link unique if I get one.

I am clearing t4 maps currently and Delving at lvl 81.
This is SSF on Xbox not that it matters much.
Last edited by xPeleusx on Jan 3, 2019, 11:01:03 AM
"
xPeleusx wrote:

I am lvl 85 now.

I am running t4 maps with crap gear.

I know Enki has written a good guide.
I have followed it to a T.

I am delving down to level 81, I have completed Alva's quest 3 times. I have beaten Atziri once still have yet to see another top right corner piece drop.

But my gear is shit and I play on SSF.

I need advise as to what to focus on next in terms of upgrading.

I have 2 tone boots and some daggers and silk fingerless gloves ready to be rerolled with chaos, I just need to farm chaos.

I have 2 quad stashes of full gear ready to turn in for chaos once I get enough rings and amulets to do it.

Unless your challenge tracking somehow got bugged, there's no way for you to have completed Act 10 and not have at least 4 or 5 challenges cleared. You have 2 and your progress with act bosses indicates you're in Act 4, hence my earlier response.

If you're using a different account, please link that and specify the character we should be looking at, until you do that we can only give you generic/SSF-related advice.

Nevermind, just read that you're on Xbox.

I can't use Path of Building from where I'm at now, I'll try to take a look at your build tomorrow. Until then, some generic SSF advice:

In SSF, use essences or fossils/resonators you find on special armour pieces like Fingerless Silk Gloves, Bone Helmets and Two-Toned Boots. I'd refrain from scouring & retrying, do this only if you direly need to upgrade the given slot or have way more essences/fossils/resonators than good armour pieces to enchant. Don't use Chaos orbs to reroll rares below item level 75, you'll need them to enchant your gear and to help with Atlas completion (using the "Alternate of the same tier" Zana mod).

Also, save any Gavels/Stone Hammers/Rock Breakers you find, quality them to 20% with whetstones and vendor them together with white tier 1 maps once you no longer run those. This will give you a Cartographer's chisel and if you do this early enough, you'll have plenty by the time you get to red maps. You'll thank yourself for your efforts then, since running unchiseled red maps is a very unsatisfying experience in SSF in terms of loot quantity. Don't waste chisels on earlier maps unless you only need one or two specific maps to complete white/yellow tier and can't get them from Zana or the "Alternate of the same tier" Zana mod.
Last edited by sny83 on Jan 3, 2019, 11:20:41 AM
nice build and guide!thanks! first time playing caster, keep it up for 3.6!

Ignore the spell damage on this, I crafted it because even as it is, it was better than what I was using.

Is this dagger good to go for multi-modding even though the penetration is tier 3?

And another question; I only have rank 1 increased spell damage/gain non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage, should I replace it with something else or look for someone who does?
"
Jessii_XD wrote:

Ignore the spell damage on this, I crafted it because even as it is, it was better than what I was using.

Is this dagger good to go for multi-modding even though the penetration is tier 3?

And another question; I only have rank 1 increased spell damage/gain non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage, should I replace it with something else or look for someone who does?

t3 penetration is not super great, but you can craft this dagger anyway, you can do all the content with it.
And yes, probably look for a crafter if you don't have the highest tier mods
"
warrri wrote:

Do you remember where you got the hybrid craft? Is there anything specific about it? Ive been running a lot of blood aqueducts to farm syndicate but also did them a lot on red tier maps and i still dont have even the first tank of that but got almost all the other mods i think. Does this one drop from mastermind only maybe?

Since this has been plaguing me for quite some time now, I'm happy to report that I just unveiled this mod in a T10 map (Belfry) from an item dropped by rank 2 Janus, so not that high of a level requirement after all, maybe just bad RNG (like the one I have annuling my dagger *sigh*).
Has anyone tried poet's pens with the same set up of this build? i think it could be interesting
I'm desperatly looking for help right now.
I followed the guide step by step, farmed my ass off for decent gear to do shaper. Now I am watching enki's video on killing 4 guardians where he pretty much melts them, while it took me several attempts to beat them due to the fact that I don't do enough damage on single targets. I am currently sitting on 33k arc tooltip dps (I know tt dps isn't acurate, only mentioning it as reference)

If anybody of the more veteran players could take a look at my gear/gem set up and give me some advice what the hell Iam doing wrong you would seriously make my day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info