Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

whats the best way to go about crafting a suitable dagger for this build? I've tried Essence crafting (used the Screaming essence of wrath), but i was thinking fossil might be the better option. Anyone have any tips on how to craft good daggers?
"
censorr wrote:
whats the best way to go about crafting a suitable dagger for this build? I've tried Essence crafting (used the Screaming essence of wrath), but i was thinking fossil might be the better option. Anyone have any tips on how to craft good daggers?

There's a mini-guide for it, referenced in Enki's original post. Basically you can spend 2.5-8 exalts worth of mats (depending on your budget) to craft guaranteed stats on it with little to no randomness involved, or gamble with essence/fossil crafting that can cost you anywhere between 0-1000 exalts and the end result will almost always have undesired affixes. Your choice, really.
Hello Arc Lover,

it's my first season i play a little more serious and actually i am at a point where i ask myself what is the next upgrade that is the best to invest to get a further boost with a clever investment. pretty sure many of you are more experienced and can help.

My actual gear setup:

Can't Link the jewels right now but i wear a 1.5% leech-watchers (single-stat) and a good (not the best, but on the higher end side) mind clear.
also 3 rares with minion/spell-dmg, lightning-dmg and res/attributes.
(my profile is public, so you can take a look)

Well, for further improvements i know i am missing lab-modifiers completely yet... unfortunately i really hate doing labs, so i guess i'll that will be delayed for a while :-)

Also: has anybody yet tried to play without arcane surge ? I don't like the idea to proc it always with stormbrand, so i crafted it on the dagger. this allows me to be even faster clearing maps... with the downside that i miss the Surge at bossfight with no dying adds. at least i feel like this. any suggestions to this or is surge something you shouldn't substitute ?

edit: nevermind the enlighten, it's just there to level it since i actually don't use the socket.

edit2: well, after scrolling back and seeing some daggers, i see my ones are really crap :-D really underestimated the power of multiple craft mods. i absolutely can see the massive advantage in raw damage, but isn't the lack of 50-60% attack speed affecting whirling blades a lot ?
Last edited by aHz1984 on Jan 3, 2019, 5:15:28 AM
deleted
Last edited by kasparme on Jan 3, 2019, 5:06:11 AM
Hey Big_Realize

I've read most of your recent posts and have followed your version of build. Your advice has helped me a lot, thank you!:)

In my build I've tried to copy yours: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/odersky/characters

I think my helm, amulet, gloves and boots are weakest and should be my next upgrades. It's quite tricky to figure our where resistances should go so I haven't done it yet, have like 20ex to spend.

I chose to get one dagger with 1.5 AS and other with 6% block chance. I now realise that was a mistake. I will soon create another 1.5AS dagger. Speed and reaction time is just everything with mapping.

I have a few questions that still puzzle me, I wonder if you could help me out please?

1) What are the least painful IIQ upgrades in your current setup? Which MF items would be easiest to switch to farm T15?
2) Questions about some of your gems, maybe you just haven't upgraded them but maybe there's another reason: Lightning Spire Trap 21/0 - why no quality?, Increased Duration Support 20/20 - why not 21/20, Increased Critical Strikes Support20/20, why not 21/20?
3) Which gem setups can be varied for mapping vs bosses? Can we switch something out to move around faster? How to make this build as fast as at mapping as possible? 1.5 attack speed dagger, 12%+ attack and cast speed on gloves, 16% AS enchants on boots. Where else could we get attack speed that makes sense?
4) What auras from my friend’s aura bot would benefit me the most?
5) I have effect of shock on all 4 jewels, I have Inpulsa's 32% shock effect and I still don’t have 150% effect of shock (I select arc in character screen and look at shock effectiveness). I can’t find effect of shock in PoB either. Am I doing something wrong?
6) How to craft helm? In a previous post you said:
“Roll t1 lightning damage to spells or -9% lightning res with alterations and then multicraft everything else (HP roll on this one is two mods combined)”
But how to craft the rest, what should I put on it? You said these fossils help: metallic, pristine, prismatic. I think multicraft is safer, but what to multicraft?
"
odersky wrote:
Hey Big_Realize

I have a few questions that still puzzle me, I wonder if you could help me out please?
Spoiler

1) What are the least painful IIQ upgrades in your current setup? Which MF items would be easiest to switch to farm T15?
2) Questions about some of your gems, maybe you just haven't upgraded them but maybe there's another reason: Lightning Spire Trap 21/0 - why no quality?, Increased Duration Support 20/20 - why not 21/20, Increased Critical Strikes Support20/20, why not 21/20?
3) Which gem setups can be varied for mapping vs bosses? Can we switch something out to move around faster? How to make this build as fast as at mapping as possible? 1.5 attack speed dagger, 12%+ attack and cast speed on gloves, 16% AS enchants on boots. Where else could we get attack speed that makes sense?
4) What auras from my friend’s aura bot would benefit me the most?
5) I have effect of shock on all 4 jewels, I have Inpulsa's 32% shock effect and I still don’t have 150% effect of shock (I select arc in character screen and look at shock effectiveness). I can’t find effect of shock in PoB either. Am I doing something wrong?
6) How to craft helm? In a previous post you said:
“Roll t1 lightning damage to spells or -9% lightning res with alterations and then multicraft everything else (HP roll on this one is two mods combined)”
But how to craft the rest, what should I put on it? You said these fossils help: metallic, pristine, prismatic. I think multicraft is safer, but what to multicraft?

1)

you probably can't keep your lightning res the highest with with these boots, but it's not really necessary to clear t15 maps if your other gear is good.
It's pretty easy to craft 10% quantity amulet the same way you do with a dagger (just get shaped base, alteration spam quantity mod, regal and annul the second mod if it's bad and multicraft everything else). It's not gonna be an amazing DPS amulet, but again - it's enough to clear t15 maps.
You can try to fit ventor's ring too instead of rare ring.
2) Quality on lightning spire trap doesn't matter (especially now, when I switched added lightning damage to elemental focus), you shock with your arc anyway. I guess I can get all gems to lvl 21, but it's not much of a difference between 21 and 20 for all gems that you mentioned
3) I crafted a pair of daggers for my secondary weapon slot just for movement (and farming syndicate in blood aqueduct for challenges).

It's still enough damage for maps and I just swap my weapons for bosses. But it's not that much of a difference in movement really (2.3 attacks per second vs 2.4)
4) I have no idea, I hate playing in party in this game :D
5) celestial punishment gives 15%, you don't have it. And you can get elemental focus for 10% more aswell
6) prefixes:
- 70 life
- hybrid 28 life + something (doesn't matter)
- lightning damage to spells (that you rolled with alterations)
suffixes:
- multimod
- other two suffixes are up to you - maybe resistances

and I was wrong btw, it's not possible to roll -9% lightning res with alterations. It's only fossils crafted mod. So you have to roll t1 lightning damage to spells with alterations and craft everything else
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 3, 2019, 5:47:25 AM
"
censorr wrote:

As sny83 mentioned PerkyPsyco’s mini guide is linked to the gear section, but it can get a bit hidden. The gist is:
(1) Buy a base (ilvl 85+ shaped dagger)
(2) Scour it
(3) Quality it
(4) Spam alterations until you get “16-20% elemental damage to chaos damage” (this is t1 and can be divine’d if necessary)
(5) Regal it
(6) Anull undesirable stat (if undesirable)
(7) If wrong stat was annulled, rinse and repeat
(8) Craft multimod (2 ex craft)
(9) Craft double damage, lightning dmg to spells, cast speed, non-chaos dmg to chaos dmg hybrid spell damage + added chaos dmg (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)
(10) Divine to preference
The guide recommends getting maxed t1 lightning penetration also instead of double damage. While this is BiS, it’s only about 1% less dps than 7% chance to deal double damage (thanks to blG_RealiZe for testing).

Note: t1 crafts are very expensive, t2 crafts are dirt cheap. If you are on a budget issue or simply don’t have the desired craft, feel free to go with whatever suits your needs.

Edit: Please reference blG_RealiZe’s post below.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 3, 2019, 11:56:49 PM
"

(8) Craft double damage, lightning dmg to spells, cast speed, non-chaos dmg to chaos dmg (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)
The guide recommends getting maxed t1 lightning penetration also instead of double damage. While this is BiS, it’s only about 1% less dps than 7% chance to deal double damage (thanks to blG_RealiZe for testing).

hybrid 50% spell damage + 6% chaos damage instead
7% double damage is 1% less DPS if you don't have a lot penetration from other sources and 1% MORE DPS once you get more penetration on your other gear
I made this today, seems good for us? Missing shock % but hey, can't have them all.

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"

(8) Craft double damage, lightning dmg to spells, cast speed, non-chaos dmg to chaos dmg (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

hybrid 50% spell damage + 6% chaos damage instead
7% double damage is 1% less DPS if you don't have a lot penetration from other sources and 1% MORE DPS once you get more penetration on your other gear

Thanks, fixed the original post. Hopefully I’ll be able to actually start crafting my own daggers in the next day or two.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info