Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Well, this is my first league and ive just killed uber elder today on this build, though with some adaptations that arent mentioned in the op like the lightning spire trap.
Its a great build and fun to play early though i can see where the frustration of some people here is coming from and im still undecided whether you could really call it a beginner build. Im still constantly dying even in lower red maps to syndicate, to some bosses that i dont melt fast enough with lightning spire trap and even to just trash because i end up whirling blading into a pack of them and they hit me before i can even start casting. It's a glass cannon build relying on mobility to not getting caught and already knowing the mechanics, but how can you expect that from beginners. Im stuck on lvl 94 and have given up leveling for now, maybe ill invest in some breachstones and push a level or two before going back to dying in maps. Still, its a great build that can do every map and doesnt have to watch out for affixes and reroll them and every boss if you spend time and currency (i needed 5 sets of fragments to kill uber elder, rip chaos orbs) learning the mechanics.
"
sny83 wrote:

Your flask setup is all over the place, you're lacking serious offensive/defensive potential because of that. Drop Stibnite flask and get an Atziri's Promise. Reroll your life flask to Catalysed prefix and add "of Staunching" via Einhar's Menagerie. Upgrade your Mana flask to Eternal and add "of Heat" via beastcrafting as with the life flask. Surgeon's is a bad prefix on Basalt flask for us, we don't crit often enough. Get either perfect Ample (20 increased charges) or Chemist's with a 23% or better roll. Alchemist's is also a bad prefix for Sulphur flask, we want the consecrated ground and the damage buff to last longer, not shorter. Reroll it using the recommendations for Basalt. Finally put 20% quality on all of them (you can do this cheaper if you use Baubles on them after scouring but before rerolling).

You are missing 4 passive points for lvl88, type /passives in the in-game chat to find out where to get them. Spend the points you gain this way to get the Alchemist cluster above Witch start and the jewel socket to the right of Shaper. You only need one jewel with Cold damage to spells, replace the one in your Stygian Vise for one with life/lightning damage to spells/cast speed and get another for the empty jewel socket.

I sincerely hope you just forgot the lvl20 Wrath in your main hand, because if you're using it from there, that's the answer to most of your survival issues. Either get an Essence Worm ring and socket it into that or disable/remove it until you can afford one. You need ~40% of your life as unreserved mana to survive big hits and still be able to escape.

You have neither Mana Leech nor Arcane Surge linked to Storm Brand, I have no idea how you can even maintain casting Arc continuously without mana potions. Either replace your current gems supporting Storm Brand or move the setup to a 4-link item and add Mana Leech/AS and Increased Duration support as the fourth support. You can use Onslaught/Culling Strike once you've bought your Watcher's Eye.

Hrimsorrow does next to nothing for you, since you already have cold damage from abyss jewel. Replace it with gloves that give you more life/mana/resistances (you can add damage from this slot later) and replace your amulet with less/no defensive stats (except life and maybe mana) and more offensive ones.

You can vendor lvl20 gems together with a Gemcutter's prism to give you a 20% quality version that you can level up quickly again. Do this for all your Arc support gems, both golems, Decoy Totem, both Increased Duration supports, Storm Brand, Increased Attacks, Fortify and Flame Dash.

All this can be done in well under 50 chaos and should improve your survivability considerably.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Between my post and your reply I did get the essence worm and put wrath in there. I didn't have arcane surge linked to storm brand because I didn't see that linked in the OP's character sheet. Admittedly I was going off of his character profile and not what he had in the guide. I replaced my gloves, and am working on the amulet but do not know how to get my resistances back from losing it. I do know my flasks are a hot mess lol, I actually find myself forgetting to use them most of the time, I'm not sure how I have done T13 maps like that. I am also working on getting the watcher's eye (not cheap). Thank you for your help.
"
Lyxcrit wrote:
"
Kedvin wrote:
This build is trash =/. WAY too much effort and money just to get shit on by syndicate and bosses lol go jugg or arc totems or something that can actually do endgame this guide makes zero sense.

This is a very solid guide, you somehow failed to follow it. Your gem setup is bad, most of your gems are level 19 corrupts, your skill tree is wrong (missing the main point of the build, which is Spiritual Aid), 0 life on jewels, you're using wands and 2 life flasks and a Quicksilver...

Try to follow the guide and you will see for yourself that it's good, you're just bad.

1.Gems are 19 cause i tried to corrupt them to get lvl 21 or more but you should have known that right?

2.Skill tree isn't "wrong" i've been running the shit golem/totem setup they get melted by syndicate and bosses and are too slow to cast getting you face fucked by said syndicate and bosses so i read lighting spire was decent so im trying that out and its actually pretty good compared to spamming said shit golems and decoy totem that get wrecked and give you carpal tunnel from rezzing them every 2 seconds.

3. Getting nice daggers/sceptres with good rolls is almost impossible or downright expensive along with jewels that have life and and cast/attack speed
also i use my quicksilver when im doing lower level maps that i actually can handle lol and the fuckin guide says to use life flask? so idk what your on about.
Why don’t you get lighting walker at the start of the tree it’s only two nodes away
"
Callmeiman wrote:
Can someone please explain to me the 4 link spire that some people have mentioned please?

I'm a bit of a newbie and I'm dying more than I would like at Tier 10+ maps and especially with the Syndicate and hoping this would help me a bit.

Thanks.

I will go from BLG_Realize setup as he suggested it. If you look at his character, he uses Lightning Spire Trap + Advanced Traps Support + Elemental Focus Support + Trap and Mine damage support.

You will have to drop one of the CWDT setups and also the taunt totem - which i will miss a lot, that totem was awesome for a lot of situations. I will see how that affects syndicate and boss fights. However I read somewhere that high tier bosses like Guardians and Shaper can't be taunted anyway (please correct me if I am wrong)
Hey guys,

so I've been playing the build for a while now and it's really fun. Did my first T12 map ever and overall it went well though the Betrayal mobs did oneshot me a couple of times.

Any idea what I should focus my next upgrades on? I'm thinking abou buying a 6link Queens Hunger though that would be all my Exalteds. Maybe it's better to spend them on something else?

The character is sparkyboomwitchTWO.
"
karlomka wrote:
Hey guys,

so I've been playing the build for a while now and it's really fun. Did my first T12 map ever and overall it went well though the Betrayal mobs did oneshot me a couple of times.

Any idea what I should focus my next upgrades on? I'm thinking abou buying a 6link Queens Hunger though that would be all my Exalteds. Maybe it's better to spend them on something else?

You have nice rings and a nice amulet, all other gear can be improved imo. For chest I would save for an Inpulsa which is just best in slot for this build. Depending on your currency (how many fusings? how lucky do you feel?) you should get a decently rolled Inpulsa for 5-6 ex. At least that's what I paid for mine. However, I got reeaaaally unlucky this league and it took me 1500 fuses to link it. So yeah... painful. You can also go for a linked one, but then it's 9ex minimum I think. Although I bought mine about 1 week ago, prices might have dropped in the meantime.

Your daggers can be improved too, especially in your off-hand. A dagger with decent 60+% spell dmg, flat lightning damage and another beneficial mod like 5% chaos shouldn't be too expensive (?)

I havent looked at your jewels, but I can tell you that Watcher's Eye was a huuuge improvement of Quality of life as you don't rely on the brand to leech mana anymore.

Still, I think Inpulsa should be your first thing to get if you have the currency.
"
goozaan wrote:
"
karlomka wrote:
Hey guys,

You have nice rings and a nice amulet, all other gear can be improved imo. For chest I would save for an Inpulsa which is just best in slot for this build. Depending on your currency (how many fusings? how lucky do you feel?) you should get a decently rolled Inpulsa for 5-6 ex. At least that's what I paid for mine. However, I got reeaaaally unlucky this league and it took me 1500 fuses to link it. So yeah... painful. You can also go for a linked one, but then it's 9ex minimum I think. Although I bought mine about 1 week ago, prices might have dropped in the meantime.

Your daggers can be improved too, especially in your off-hand. A dagger with decent 60+% spell dmg, flat lightning damage and another beneficial mod like 5% chaos shouldn't be too expensive (?)

I havent looked at your jewels, but I can tell you that Watcher's Eye was a huuuge improvement of Quality of life as you don't rely on the brand to leech mana anymore.

Still, I think Inpulsa should be your first thing to get if you have the currency.

Thanks for the quick reply! A Poet's Pen just dropped so I guess my luck went there lol. I guess I'll buy a Inpulsa and try to link it as soon as I got the currency for it though. Do you think it's worth it to use a 5link Inpulsas if I run out of fusings in the process?
Hey guys , love this build was curious if you have been going with the wise oak or atziris promise in the betrayal league ?

i love the dmg from wise oak but i just have lightning as my highest

i find chaosdmg rapes me in betrayal esp with the syns
"
karlomka wrote:
"
goozaan wrote:
"
karlomka wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick reply! A Poet's Pen just dropped so I guess my luck went there lol. I guess I'll buy a Inpulsa and try to link it as soon as I got the currency for it though. Do you think it's worth it to use a 5link Inpulsas if I run out of fusings in the process?

To be honest I don't know how your much damage you would lose with a 5L setup. I had a decent 6L rare chest which was fine for mapping up to T13 or so, so I didn't bother using a 5L Inpulsa and waited until I finally 6L it.
If you try to link it yourself: Make sure to up the Quality to 20 or even to 24% or 26% which you can get from a hideout bench, I dont remember the syndicate member to get that. The higher the quality of the item, the higher the chance to 6 socket / link it.

However, make sure to *NOT* use the 30% quality beast craft as this corrupts the chest. I stupidly did that, luckily after the chest was all set and colored. I just didn't read properly and didn't see the corrupt part. So mine will never have a chance to be vaaled. But hey, with my luck, it's probably for the better :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info