Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Would anyone mind taking a look at my character to give some suggestions? I feel pretty squishy, and unfortunately I have a whopping 2EX in my stash, so I am pretty screwed when it comes to the higher end gear. Thank you.
"
banthom wrote:
Would anyone mind taking a look at my character to give some suggestions? I feel pretty squishy, and unfortunately I have a whopping 2EX in my stash, so I am pretty screwed when it comes to the higher end gear. Thank you.

The characters tab on your profile is private. We can't help you if we can't see your gear/passives.
Hello Arc players,
Want to ask is my dagger good enough?

TY
Last edited by Vacys on Jan 2, 2019, 7:28:41 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

As someone said, efficacy is two times worse than hypothermia.
Two daggers and hypothermia and your DPS jumps from 253k to 527k. My first uber elder kill was with 370k dps for example (and I was a bit rusty in this fight, havn't tried uber in about a month). You can do it even with 300k, just need Kaom's roots boots and move properly.
Try my lightning spire trap setup, it literally doubles your single target DPS compare to just self cast arc, but you need to learn how to use it properly.

After seeing your videos I understand now. You move way faster and much more than I do. Playing mele for so long has an impact in my play style. But also my fps is around 20-40.. and often drops to 5ish.. and thats when i get hit and die.

Also I'm amazed how you got that gear 4 days into the league.

I was just following a different guide but testing it in POB, you are right, Hypothermia is better.
I am intending to craft better dagger. I have the base I was just farming the multimod recipes.
Is the Lab ench 150% golem better than the 40% min dmg? I don't really want to roll over the helm.
How much - pen should one aim for? I am at 49% + flask (14%) + helm (9%)

Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by alecs87 on Jan 2, 2019, 7:57:08 AM
"
sny83 wrote:
"
banthom wrote:

The characters tab on your profile is private. We can't help you if we can't see your gear/passives.

Sorry could you please try again?
"
alecs87 wrote:

I tried Guardians today, most of the time I'm at last portal. That's on easy mods maps.
Tried Shaper, 1 portal left
Tried Mastermind - RIP.. had to get a service when down to 2 portals.

Most of the time I get 1 shot.

Maybe you are not mobile enough? Also went to Guardians today and killed everyone from the second or third portal.
My gear are in almost every position is trash, but i was jumping like a frog under electric current and spam Decoy Totem.
"
alecs87 wrote:

Is the Lab ench 150% golem better than the 40% min dmg? I don't really want to roll over the helm.
How much - pen should one aim for? I am at 49% + flask (14%) + helm (9%)
Thanks for the feedback.

yes, golems enchant it's just straight up better in everything: more dps and attack speed for movement. I even think that it's better than "arc chain an additional time", just because of the movement bonus. BUT you have to keep your lightning golem alive (it's not really a problem to do)
But you should never try to get it yourself (it's more than 450 different helm enchants in uber lab, it's impossible to get the one you need), especially don't think to rerool your 40% minion damage implicit. Just buy another helmet.
And there is no certain number for penetraion, the more you get - the better.

p.s. I forgot that there was a bug at the first day of the expansion - that vortex decay zones in uber elder fight was about twice bigger compare to its regular size :)
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 2, 2019, 8:48:55 AM
@blg_RealiZe thanks for linking your profile and tips.
I followed your gear setup with some minor tweaks and was not only able to kill red elder, but i face tanked it. I enjoyed this build but adding in the traps was a game changer. I have tried this build many times and never made it very far, now I'm hooked lol.

Spent like 5ex to get the gear I have now, found the Inpulsa's.
How much harder is Uber Elder?
"
banthom wrote:
"
sny83 wrote:
"
banthom wrote:

Sorry could you please try again?

Your flask setup is all over the place, you're lacking serious offensive/defensive potential because of that. Drop Stibnite flask and get an Atziri's Promise. Reroll your life flask to Catalysed prefix and add "of Staunching" via Einhar's Menagerie. Upgrade your Mana flask to Eternal and add "of Heat" via beastcrafting as with the life flask. Surgeon's is a bad prefix on Basalt flask for us, we don't crit often enough. Get either perfect Ample (20 increased charges) or Chemist's with a 23% or better roll. Alchemist's is also a bad prefix for Sulphur flask, we want the consecrated ground and the damage buff to last longer, not shorter. Reroll it using the recommendations for Basalt. Finally put 20% quality on all of them (you can do this cheaper if you use Baubles on them after scouring but before rerolling).

You are missing 4 passive points for lvl88, type /passives in the in-game chat to find out where to get them. Spend the points you gain this way to get the Alchemist cluster above Witch start and the jewel socket to the right of Shaper. You only need one jewel with Cold damage to spells, replace the one in your Stygian Vise for one with life/lightning damage to spells/cast speed and get another for the empty jewel socket.

I sincerely hope you just forgot the lvl20 Wrath in your main hand, because if you're using it from there, that's the answer to most of your survival issues. Either get an Essence Worm ring and socket it into that or disable/remove it until you can afford one. You need ~40% of your life as unreserved mana to survive big hits and still be able to escape.

You have neither Mana Leech nor Arcane Surge linked to Storm Brand, I have no idea how you can even maintain casting Arc continuously without mana potions. Either replace your current gems supporting Storm Brand or move the setup to a 4-link item and add Mana Leech/AS and Increased Duration support as the fourth support. You can use Onslaught/Culling Strike once you've bought your Watcher's Eye.

Hrimsorrow does next to nothing for you, since you already have cold damage from abyss jewel. Replace it with gloves that give you more life/mana/resistances (you can add damage from this slot later) and replace your amulet with less/no defensive stats (except life and maybe mana) and more offensive ones.

You can vendor lvl20 gems together with a Gemcutter's prism to give you a 20% quality version that you can level up quickly again. Do this for all your Arc support gems, both golems, Decoy Totem, both Increased Duration supports, Storm Brand, Increased Attacks, Fortify and Flame Dash.

All this can be done in well under 50 chaos and should improve your survivability considerably.

Last edited by sny83 on Jan 2, 2019, 9:41:23 AM
One question, Ive quite decent mace (in my opinion) but i'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to sell it and invest in daggers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info