Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

hey guys.. noob question here.
What kind of DPS should I expect from ARC ?

I've seen other builds with over 400k DPS.. and im nowhere near that with the Arc Witch. So im just wondering what kind of DPS i should expect in the end.

Thanks!
"
Silvragon wrote:
For the Inpulsa, Enki said to focus on shock effect. But there are two "shock effects", Increase damage if you have shocked an enemy recently vs. increase effect of shock. Which one should we focus on? :D Thank you!

Probably the one that actually has effect on the description.
Hello, this is my first time playing PoE, is it worth giving up on clarity gem to equip this?

I'd also like some tips on where to improve my current equips, but I don't know how to link my character. I was thinking about getting new boots and then a chest piece.
Hello,

I'm kind of new to the game, following that guide and it's really well done, thank you Enki !

I managed to sell a good item recently and got 7+ ex in bank, and was wondering what I should focus on my gear to upgrade atm. I started the league recently, and haven't been to red maps yet, but planning to do it and bosses.

Character is Aeldiana.

Thanks in advance !
"
warrri wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"

You loose out on the ability for Arc to proc elemental ailments. If you have another sustainable source that can proc them, then Arc will still benefit. However, there are only a few abilities that natively grant Shock effectiveness. Arc granting 30% makes my acceptable range 20%+ unless I can add more into the talent tree to compensate. Lightning Nova grants 40%, so even with the limited AoE potential if I can easily sustain it, I’d take that route. I have not yet found an acceptable alternative.

Chill is easy enough with Storm Brand, and SB will still shock, just for less than Arc would.

I'm not sure about arc, but elemental focus is actually a good replacement for added lightning damage in my lightning spire trap setup. Thanks

Would Efficacy work? If the damage over time part works on the trap its just a bit less than Elemental focus but you keep the ailments?

Lightning Spire and other similar skills do not have a DoT effect. The Spires strike frequency is modified by cast speed, but any damaging ailments (ignite, bleed, etc) it causes would be effected by the DoT effect. You can check it out in PoB, but I don’t think it would be very viable.

I again can’t test right now, but I think this would actually work: Storm Brand > ICS > CoC > Shock Nova (I could probably even skip the ICS).

However, I don’t think I want to allot 4 gems to allot for that. SB will still shock, so increasing my shock effectiveness to 150% without 30% from Arc is always an option. I could also manually cast Shock Nova; the shock would last for approximately 4s before being replaced by a weaker SB shock. However, the more we have to manually cast, the less uptime we have casting Arc.

On a side note, I want to test: SB > ICS > CoC > Summon Skeleton. It would give us a fairly sustainable 6 skeleton wall that I presume would spawn on top of the SB target. Other summons require corpses.
I also want to look into Summon Spectre and using one with a proximity shield, lightning damage, Enfeeble, or tank.

Edit: Strike through due to me being a dunce and forgetting spells can't trigger CoC.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 1, 2019, 8:13:31 PM
Is item mod "x% increased mana regeneration rate" good for us?
Can anyone actually manage to comfortably kill any of the end game content without massively investing in gear? I mean I'm looking at @blg_RealiZe character and I'm like holy s**.. that is worth tons of ex. Everything has T1 life on it, 4 mods jwl, dual stat Watchers and lvl 100. Realistically 95% of the players won't have anywhere near to that.

I tried Guardians today, most of the time I'm at last portal. That's on easy mods maps.
Tried Shaper, 1 portal left
Tried Mastermind - RIP.. had to get a service when down to 2 portals.

Most of the time I get 1 shot.

I swapped to shield block and while loosing some dmg at least I'm not 1 shot anymore.

I'm at 63% light pen. How much is too much?
Ok boys, where do I go next, in terms of gear upgrades or maybe some pontential passive tree changes? I'm seriously struggling to kill uber elder and I not sure if I want to put any more currency towards this build or try something else.

"
alecs87 wrote:
Can anyone actually manage to comfortably kill any of the end game content without massively investing in gear? I mean I'm looking at @blg_RealiZe character and I'm like holy s**.. that is worth tons of ex. Everything has T1 life on it, 4 mods jwl, dual stat Watchers and lvl 100. Realistically 95% of the players won't have anywhere near to that.

I tried Guardians today, most of the time I'm at last portal. That's on easy mods maps.
Tried Shaper, 1 portal left
Tried Mastermind - RIP.. had to get a service when down to 2 portals.

Most of the time I get 1 shot.

I swapped to shield block and while loosing some dmg at least I'm not 1 shot anymore.

I'm at 63% light pen. How much is too much?

Your character is pretty different than the this guide,

1- Gem setup for arc is different hypothermia effect greatly if you have a little cold damage,

2- You are losing tons of dps from shield. go for double dagger, shield not adding much survivability and fast kills are safe for this build

3- you don't have penetration on dagger or amulet. no watcher's eye for penetration either. I don't understand how you have %63 light pen.

4- rumi? really? just %18 block is practically useless.

to be honest you have to convert your gear and gems to build then we can make suggestions. You can check my gear. I'm also playing on budget
Last edited by BigJobless on Jan 1, 2019, 5:10:56 PM
"
BigJobless wrote:

Your character is pretty different than the this guide,

1- Gem setup for arc is different hypothermia effect greatly if you have a little cold damage,

2- You are losing tons of dps from shield. go for double dagger, shield not adding much survivability and fast kills are safe for this build

3- you don't have penetration on dagger or amulet. no watcher's eye for penetration either. I don't understand how you have %63 light pen.

4- rumi? really? just %18 block is practically useless.

to be honest you have to convert your gear and gems to build then we can make suggestions. You can check my gear. I'm also playing on budget

1.It's different because I have changed the build to a shield version one. Therefore I have changed the gems. I used the OP's guide until today. I had cold dmg and still have on a jwl.

2. I do loose some dmg but not that much.. I compared in POB and lost about 120K overall. Atm at 380K without the shock box.

3.on char table - light pen 49% ( 38 gem/5 Celestial /6 hearth of thunder) + wise oak - 63% + -9 on helm. So actually I have 72% pen overall.

4. It's actually 49% block ( count the shield as well + tempest) and I'm able to take more than 1 hit now.

PS. i've asked about 5 times in the past 3 days for ppl to check my build and nobody bothered to answer so I decided to try shield build from poebuilds to see how it handles the game. I followed exactly the guide for gem setups and gear mods.
Last edited by alecs87 on Jan 1, 2019, 6:34:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info