Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey, my first time posting here.Not sure if i will get replies from the the community or the creator of the guide/build , but here it goes: about the recent guide about crafting a caster dagger, i am not sure if i should go for elemental penetration or attack speed.Attack speed is probably better for speed clearing t16 maps and maybe elemental pentration is a bit of a overkill.What are you guys thoughts?Attack speed or damage penetrates elemental res?I do like killing end game bosses but i dont farm them.

This is the guide btw : https://i.imgur.com/0PTn8sW.png
"
EliteiamXX wrote:
ok i know you probably wrote it somewhere, What do i need to do"tweak your build wise" so i don't die 6 times doing a map with this build in betrayal. lvl 75 with suggested gear and all gem setups and such. oh and i'm not tanking. Or show proof that it actually works in betrayal :)
sincerely
Elite

Step 1. Make Profile public.

Step 2. Be more verbose about the issue.

Step 3. Re-read this entire post some more, as this has been answered several times.

PS. Thnaks for the Build post Enki!!!
Last edited by Nekar1869 on Dec 21, 2018, 3:20:17 PM
"
Konashi wrote:
Hey, my first time posting here.Not sure if i will get replies from the the community or the creator of the guide/build , but here it goes: about the recent guide about crafting a caster dagger, i am not sure if i should go for elemental penetration or attack speed.Attack speed is probably better for speed clearing t16 maps and maybe elemental pentration is a bit of a overkill.What are you guys thoughts?Attack speed or damage penetrates elemental res?I do like killing end game bosses but i dont farm them.

This is the guide btw : https://i.imgur.com/0PTn8sW.png

I’d say Elemental Pen hands down. Penetration can go into the negatives, so more Pen will always be a large dps increase. If all you care about is speed clears and not bossing, then maybe attack speed, but I honestly don’t know if weapon attack speed affects Whirling Blades.
Quick question about Goldrim: how long is worth using it over another rare helmet?
"Regardless of what you go for, aim to get Spell-, Lightning- or Elemental Damage and Cast Speed, optionally Lightning Damage added to Spells and Attack Speed. On a higher budget, add Damage Penetrates x% Elemental Resistance or Gain x% of Elemental Damage as extra Chaos Damage."

Does "increased elemental damage with attack skills" affect to Arc, or is for physical skills?

I cant enchant "spell damage", "X increased lightning damage" or "adds X lightning damage to spells.

Not sure if use this enchant or "adds X lightning damage"
Is there a good strategy to farm an ilvl 86 shaped platinum kris and sai? The cheapest on poe trade are 2-3+ ex. Is there a good map to farm or is the best method just monstrous treasure on any t16 shaper map, roll +3 on a chest and cross your fingers? Is it a good idea to give this a try or just farm for the ex and buy it?
I think its probably lightning penetration instead of added lightning damage but since I have it at +16% do you think I should keep it like this? :D
good build thanks
"
Iamandre wrote:
Quick question about Goldrim: how long is worth using it over another rare helmet?

Until you get a rare helm with HP or Bone helm and some resists. It just makes it easier to cap resists while leveling, and then can be swapped out fairly cheap when you start getting towards mapping.

"
Yunc4 wrote:
Not sure if use this enchant or "adds X lightning damage"

Arc is a spell, so anything "attack" related will not work.
Adds X lightning damage (without to spells) on weapons applies to weapon damage, which works for attack skills, also does not work with Arc.
Adds X lightning damage (not to attacks) on non-weapons does apply to Arc.

If you need more crafts, then you need to do more Betrayal bosses to get items to unveil for crafts. You can also Google recipe locations and find some recipes at various areas.

"
aGalaxy_ wrote:
Is there a good strategy to farm an ilvl 86 shaped platinum kris and sai? The cheapest on poe trade are 2-3+ ex. Is there a good map to farm or is the best method just monstrous treasure on any t16 shaper map, roll +3 on a chest and cross your fingers? Is it a good idea to give this a try or just farm for the ex and buy it?

Personal preference and depends on how rich you are. Most of my wealth this season is pure luck (7 ex drops, 4+ items sold over 1 ex each).. so I'm not bothering with a "perfect base". The 30% crit shaped weapons are not as expensive. The extra crit chance just helps proc Elemental Overload (and other on crit procs), while the Sai can be more beneficial to survive.

Keep in mind that Shaped dagger crafting is very expensive with luck and crafting costs (multi mod is 2ex per dagger), so you may want to invest into other upgrades first. I bought my random Shaped daggers that weren't top tier, but added quite a lot of damage over daggers similar to yours for 10-25c each and they worked fine in red maps while I worked on everything else. I would put Inpulsa, Watcher's Eye leech, Clear Mind, and helm/boot enchant before Shaped dagger crafting w/ multi mod, but that is my opinion. Maybe one of the pros can comment otherwise.

"
Photekz wrote:
I think its probably lightning penetration instead of added lightning damage but since I have it at +16% do you think I should keep it like this? :D

You have cold to spells, so Lightning Pen before Added Lightning with your gear. The 16% is not bad, but you can also vendor non-corrupt level 20 gems with a GCP to make them level 1 and 20%. Lightning Pen won't show up in damage tooltip like Hypothermia, but it adds quite a bit of damage.
When i switch from lvl 21 (normal) Arc to lvl 21 Vaal Arc my displayed DPS in char screen drops from 38k to 22k (both without buffs).

Why is that?
Shouldn't the Vaal Arc do MORE damage than the "normal" Arc?!

Someone explain please :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info