Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Technolegic wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
I think I'm going with another build. First off, this build is great for as "starter", but it's definitely not a budget build for THIS LEAGUE, due to the increased rarity of the inpulsa... It was much better last league, but as I said, I think the biggest reason is the rarity now of the inpulsa. The inpulsa suppose to get cheaper, but instead it's getting more expensive every day. It's went from 3.5 exalt to costing 6 exalt now for the lowest rolled 1 socket one,and it costs upwards to 12 exalt for a 6 linked one. I wont' be surprised if you can't buy one for even 15 exalt within a couple of weeks.

I was watching Ziggy stream with Winters Orb and he was mowing through bosses like crazy and he was also running a league starter build. I miss being able to kill bosses like that :(

With that said, I still think that this is hands down the best build guides on the net in terms of direction and instruction, But it just seems weaker this league. I know my gear isn't that good right now, but I shouldn't be struggling with bosses at only act 8. This wasn't the case last league when I was running this build. But the biggest reason is the skyrocketing price now for Inpulsa's. Since I don't play for hours every day, it's doubtful that I will ever be able to afford the 15 exalt chest piece with is the center point of this build. If there was good replacement,I would be all over it, but this seems almost mandatory when you get to yellow maps and above. I remember last league, my inpulsa significantly made my build feel better. Anyway, I guess that happens, shit gets changed.

If you are struggling with getting to maps, you are doing something wrong my man, you may need to have your gem links correct and having both CWDT setups saves you from a lot of damage, check out my character (its public) and i got all the way to t10 maps easily, but the only thing i struggle with is red map corruption and those syndicates in t11+. The biggest problem is phys damage and chaos damage, which kills you instantly on this glass cannon low defense, but other than that I got through the story and t1-10 alched maps very easy.

I will check out your gear, thanks! Also, it seems like I have way more Mana than I need. Even when I'm mashing buttons in boss fights,I barely seem to touch the mana. I guess I might as well run a herald or two at this time as it seems like wasted Mana. Of course I don't have all my gems yet, maybe that's why.
"
Parhelius wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
but I shouldn't be struggling with bosses at only act 8

That seems odd - I annihilated the act 8 bosses with similar gear/gems to yours (think I had my arc on a 5L by then though). Have you tried adding herald of thunder and using conductivity? I used both of those to level, and have ditched them now moving towards final gem setups, but they both helped a lot. Mapping T5 at the moment with no issues.

I can try a herald with thunder. As I mentioned above, I seem to have way too much Mana.
"
ksaldana1 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
I think I'm going with another build. First off, this build is great for as "starter", but it's definitely not a budget build for THIS LEAGUE, due to the increased rarity of the inpulsa... It was much better last league, but as I said, I think the biggest reason is the rarity now of the inpulsa. The inpulsa suppose to get cheaper, but instead it's getting more expensive every day. It's went from 3.5 exalt to costing 6 exalt now for the lowest rolled 1 socket one,and it costs upwards to 12 exalt for a 6 linked one. I wont' be surprised if you can't buy one for even 15 exalt within a couple of weeks.

I was watching Ziggy stream with Winters Orb and he was mowing through bosses like crazy and he was also running a league starter build. I miss being able to kill bosses like that :(

With that said, I still think that this is hands down the best build guides on the net in terms of direction and instruction, But it just seems weaker this league. I know my gear isn't that good right now, but I shouldn't be struggling with bosses at only act 8. This wasn't the case last league when I was running this build. But the biggest reason is the skyrocketing price now for Inpulsa's. Since I don't play for hours every day, it's doubtful that I will ever be able to afford the 15 exalt chest piece with is the center point of this build. If there was good replacement,I would be all over it, but this seems almost mandatory when you get to yellow maps and above. I remember last league, my inpulsa significantly made my build feel better. Anyway, I guess that happens, shit gets changed.

I have what I would consider mediocre & low-budget gear and I have been still tearing through yellow maps. I do share some concerns about the budget "friendliness" of this build with the rising Inpulsa's cost. I do wonder when I'm going to hit that ceiling where Inpulsa's becomes a necessity, but I haven't felt that need yet. I still have a bunch of other items that are low hanging fruit upgrades, so I'll wait till I've knocked those out before evaluating.

Edit:
Also jumping on the daggers over sceptres bandwagon. The clear speed is insane comparatively and I have a hard time imagining the extra damage being better than the survivability / mobility of WB

Can I ask how much you paid for the daggers? I know that Enki mentioned that the daggers are more for the high budget in mind builds.

"
bad_puppy wrote:
ive skimmed through quite a lot of this thread, but didnt found an answer to a problem: where do i put second golem gem-kit?

other than that, having quite a blast with the build, thou im still quite low on gear.

This version of the guide does not say it. But you take out Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance gem and replace it with the new Golem. You do this after specing into Liege of the Primordial as that gives the golems elemental immunity.

"
Mattyd_UK wrote:
Plodding along with this build again... Ohh I miss you Inpulsa!

I'm 85 as of posting and today I switched from Scepters to daggers and whirling blades. This change has re vitalised me into wanting to push on further. The difference was night and day. Scepters felt like walking through tar compared too two daggers with WB.

Syndicut dudes are my only deaths so far, A1 to 10 regular leveling was deathless.

Had zero luck on currency drops so in bad gear, but ive crafted and used what I have to get to where I am now. Next stop for me will be saving for Inpulsa / watchers eye, chancing garbs etc and hope RNGesus is on my side!!!

If I could offer an opinion from last leagues build to this one, go daggers and whirling blade as quick as you can. Leap slap sux balls! It's akin to mapping with a zimmer frame too mapping in a BMW M5!

My betrayal dudes public if you want to check my gear. It's terrible but functional. My gems suck but all have some life, I lack end game damage rolls on most things, but in yellow maps I can toe to toe it with syndicut bosses now.

Matt

All the comments here made me want to stick with it. Once I get to maps I'll look at switching to daggers. Thanks for sharing your gear, I will check our your daggers
One thing I have a question on, since I'm over way over resist cap and my chest piece just has life and resists, if I find/farm a Tabula, is it worth using so that I can get the 6 link with the gems? Right now I'm only using 4 links.

"
bad_puppy wrote:
ive skimmed through quite a lot of this thread, but didnt found an answer to a problem: where do i put second golem gem-kit?

Once taking Liege of the Primordial ascendency, you unlock the ability to have 2 golems at once. Among other things, this ascendency makes golems immune to elemental damage, making the minion elemental resistance gem worthless. Take it out and put a second golem in there.

"
Mentoya wrote:

I’ve found this is true in other leagues too. Rare items only increase in value until reaching a plateau and then will slowly decrease in value over time. Furthermore, the gap between good/bad rolls will become more prominent. It’s the natural process of inflation. The game is pretty good at self-regulating inflation by using currency, but it would be impossilble to equalize the value of something early, mid, and late league.

I do agree, however, that this build become much less “starter” with the drastic increase in Inpulsa’s cost (accompanied with a nerf) as well as the increase in cost to Watcher’s Eye (at least I’m assuming though I haven’t looked for one yet). Nonetheless, there is no required unique for this build to function which is ideal for any starter build.
"
Mentoya wrote:
One thing I have a question on, since I'm over way over resist cap and my chest piece just has life and resists, if I find/farm a Tabula, is it worth using so that I can get the 6 link with the gems? Right now I'm only using 4 links.

Yeah I would

Tabula is really nice when you first get to maps. The extra damage you will get from the 2 extra gems will make a difference.

Good Defence is having a Good Offence. Kill them before they get to you.

I am really looking forward to this new changes he has made.

I have been using Wands for the extra spell damage as I had not found any good sceptres. But now folks are praising daggers so I need to look out for them now.

And that price on the Inpulsa HOLLY COW! I hate to see what folks are asking on Xbox for it now.

Good thing I am in SSF, Tabula for me for a long time.

"
xPeleusx wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Yeah I would

Tabula is really nice when you first get to maps. The extra damage you will get from the 2 extra gems will make a difference.

Good Defence is having a Good Offence. Kill them before they get to you.

I am really looking forward to this new changes he has made.

I have been using Wands for the extra spell damage as I had not found any good sceptres. But now folks are praising daggers so I need to look out for them now.

And that price on the Inpulsa HOLLY COW! I hate to see what folks are asking on Xbox for it now.

Good thing I am in SSF, Tabula for me for a long time.

Congratz on the Tabula drop! I never have that kind of luck lol
Yeah I think it is just this league. I will say I think this build could use Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, but if you path that way you are better off going spell crit. There just isn't enough defenses against syndicate which means you have to scale defenses on armour, since we aren't getting much damage from the tree it means we also have to scale our damage through gear. I think with EO you are just pigeon holing yourself into scaling with lightning damage + spell damage (the two most popular mods right now), whereas if you were to spec out of it you could also scale with crit chance and crit multi. Plus the acrobatics cluster for more survivability. I know there isn't much else down there for us, but the syndicate destroy our totems in seconds we just can't rely on them...

I will say for clearing maps it is great but if you can't do the main content of the league I just can't recommend it as a league starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info