Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

So with the update to us using Storm Brand now, do we just keep Arcane Surge Support max'd? Act 1 says to keep it at level 1 and never says to start leveling it but the red text says it needs to be level 6.
Hey I'm getting absoulutely destroyed by betrayal mobs. Could u suggest any changes to help me survive longer?
"
ZerowGG wrote:
So with the update to us using Storm Brand now, do we just keep Arcane Surge Support max'd? Act 1 says to keep it at level 1 and never says to start leveling it but the red text says it needs to be level 6.

Level it so that it goes off after 1 cast of Storm Brand, just the same as orb of storms.
"
ZerowGG wrote:

You're welcome
Hello, i have a question regarding the chill mechanic. In the guide you state that we need at least 1 cold damage on arc for chill to work, or a minimum roll on jewels. But as stated in Poe wiki:

"Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage.

<<<Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[3] effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy.>>>
"

So, we need some kind of minimum damage for the chill to work, not just any amount of cold damage, unless im mistaken.

"
piou89 wrote:
Hello, i have a question regarding the chill mechanic. In the guide you state that we need at least 1 cold damage on arc for chill to work, or a minimum roll on jewels.

Cold and Elemental Conflux (ascendencies) take the total damage of a hit and apply it towards their element. So as long as 1 point of cold damage is done during cold conflux all cold + lightning + other damages from the hit count as if it was cold. This in turn chills the target. If there is no cold damage, then it won’t chill. The same goes for ignite and shock.

At least that is my understanding. I could be wrong since the wiki states all damage will chill, finite, and shock during their respective confluxes withou specifying the need for Damage from said element.
Last edited by Aldonés on Dec 9, 2018, 11:51:13 PM
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Going arc as a league starter for the first time. I feel pretty weak especially against the syndicate members (I'm looking at you Janus, Haku and It that fled).
I'm around level 80 with the 3 first labyrinths done having around 4k6 hp and 2.4k unreserved mana. Getting 2 shot (sometimes 1) or 3 shot if i'm lucky against syndicate members in tier 5-7 maps only with my flasks up (fortress fights are more often a meme than anything else). As expected the single target damage of arc isn't the best so that's an other issue while mapping and having these encounters.
I'm kinda lacking mobility since i'm using a staff but it's 6 linked and I don't feel that whirling blades on a caster would do much of a difference.

actually, the difference is huge. Flame dash is just not enough to dodge all the threats from syndicate member
How do you deal with porcupines and how do you sustain your mana w/o a mana flask?
@Jellybee85

re: Porcupines - I'm assuming you're meaning ones at higher level when they're actually "dangerous." The answer is, by killing them from a screen away with a single Arc before they get a chance to do any damage to you. They're a complete 100% non-issue for this build. Things die offscreen most of the time and you don't even see them. You attack mobs in front of you and Arc chains damage to mobs near it.

Re: mana - If you look at the tree, you'll see there's a good amount of +mana regen taken early, a clarity gem and a mana leech gem. We also use a mana flask while lvling. If you expect your build to push end game, you can pick up a "gain mana from x % of lightning damage" mod Watcher's Eye. The price usually settles down to about 2-3 ex after a couple weeks into league. Once you get Watcher's Eye, you can drop the mana flask, and the mana leech, and most people drop clarity, too.
Last edited by jackieh917 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:39:01 AM
Hiya,

So got the build to lvl 84, but I just KEEP on dying. At the moment of typing this my character has over 180 deaths.

Syndicate fucks me up, red beasts fuck me up, map bosses T8+ fuck me up, everything just kills me all the time.

Im running 2 life flasks and 2 mana flasks since my mana depletes itself whenever I get hit, and the life flasks because well, you know, I need health to stay alive.

The clear speed is good tho, but this is really getting on my nerves.

The hell should I do ? Push through in the hopes that it gets better?
Got any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info