Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Great guide, enjoying it so far! It's my first time playing this build and I just got to red maps and I need to upgrade my gear I have about 50c to spend I definitely need to upgrade my daggers and a few other things but im not sure about the best way to upgrade my stuff is, any tips are appreciated!

(obviously I need to qual/alt my flasks but I will do that when I farm more alts and baubles)

I have max res and 4.4k hp

"
jujib3z wrote:
Was wondering if you could explain why I would want attack speed over cast speed? Could you explain exactly what the attack speed and the cast speed is doing for the build? Sorry, I'm a newb but I've been trying to follow along as much as possible (I've been following your personal build from the stream/your character- e.g. cold snap)

I am new to the game and I want to know as well why do I want Attack Speed? Is it because of Whirling Blades?
Last edited by Spunky90 on Dec 10, 2018, 4:03:04 AM
"
Spunky90 wrote:
I am new to the game and I want to know as well why do I want Attack Speed? Is it because of Whirling Blades?

Yep, or Leap slam if you wield a Sceptre.

Fast mobility make a huge difference into mapping and clearing :)
"
WetLock wrote:
First of thanks alot for that insanely well written guide, Enki!

I lvled up quite fast during the weekend, with allmost no deaths and didnt had any problems with surviving, but that changed now when I got to T6-7 maps.
Iam about to spawn white elder now, and the syndicate mobs are killing me faster than I can flame dash away.. Anyone that could take a look at my char to help me out pointing out what could be my problem? :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey, you lack the mana leech support from storm brand (remove orb of storm - Enki replaced it yesterday). It gives you a lot of damage sustain.

I dont see the specific numbers (I'm at work) but probably your mana pool is a bit low.
Great guide worked well for me.
I have one problem tho in your gear upgrade guide you say get your self a tabula 14C then upgrade next item to a Inpulsa's Broken Heart 5.5ex is there no middle ground?
"
dodgeskitz wrote:
Great guide worked well for me.
I have one problem tho in your gear upgrade guide you say get your self a tabula 14C then upgrade next item to a Inpulsa's Broken Heart 5.5ex is there no middle ground?

You could use a rare chest piece, which is mentioned, but as he says its temporary. Because you need those Inpulsa explosions for clear speed. If you can get a good value 6L rare chest, use it, otherwise stick to Tabula and save up for the Inpulsa. Sadly, its looking very popular and expensive this league (they made it more rare compared to Delve).

Also this league, I'd say its well worth a go at crafting something usable in between yourself, with all the crafting options open to us.
Great guide so far, has helped me a lot (as a returning player since 3.0).

Two things I noted: there's a discrepancy between the skill trees in the leveling section and PoB where you go North of Arcanist's Dominion - guide goes through 2x Spell critical nodes, PoB instead goes right through Lord of the Dead. I tried to check if there's anywhere in the guide where this is recommended for respeccing and couldn't find it.

More minor, but in the Jewels section, it still references Orb of Storms builds.

Thought I'd bring it up. Thanks for the great work.
"
Celerann wrote:
there's a discrepancy between the skill trees in the leveling section and PoB where you go North of Arcanist's Dominion - guide goes through 2x Spell critical nodes, PoB instead goes right through Lord of the Dead. I tried to check if there's anywhere in the guide where this is recommended for respeccing and couldn't find it.

The two critical nodes are present in the "Act 10" tree but not present in the "Level 80" tree, so I'm guessing once you pass level 65 you invest in the Lord of the Dead and the minion damage node below it, and then use refund points to take the two crit nodes back so you can invest those points elsewhere. This is just my assumption, though.
"
Katalaeia wrote:
"
Celerann wrote:
there's a discrepancy between the skill trees in the leveling section and PoB where you go North of Arcanist's Dominion - guide goes through 2x Spell critical nodes, PoB instead goes right through Lord of the Dead. I tried to check if there's anywhere in the guide where this is recommended for respeccing and couldn't find it.

The two critical nodes are present in the "Act 10" tree but not present in the "Level 80" tree, so I'm guessing once you pass level 65 you invest in the Lord of the Dead and the minion damage node below it, and then use refund points to take the two crit nodes back so you can invest those points elsewhere. This is just my assumption, though.

On the right track. It is when you get Spiritual Aid and the Minion nodes become damage. Until then, the minion nodes offer very little in comparison to spell crit possibly going over 5% (need to get over 100% on gear/passives to cancel Controlled Destruction).

"
aGalaxy_ wrote:
any tips are appreciated!

Even some cheap crafts on daggers will add a good chunk of damage until you start looking for others. Lightning damage, lightning to spells, or cast speed will add quite a bit of damage.
You also have no cold damage to spells that I can see, so missing out on freeze procs. Amulet craft doesn't work because Arc is not an attack, it is a spell. If it just said "adds X cold damage" on non-weapon, then it would work.
You went for skill duration below the tree, move those to mana and jewel right below. Upgrade all jewels to HP and % dmg or abyss jewels with HP and 2 dmg mods.
Get 1 Jewel with 8% Onslaught to replace Silver Flask or wait until price drops.
Move spell crit to Lord of the Dead above starting.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 10, 2018, 9:04:59 AM
Thanks, Enki, for this truly great work, also so sorry for us (the-n00bs at least) using it not just as a build guide but also as a great game guide and being such a pain in the ass for every little detail we don't understand!

This said, I have another n00b question or two to ask.

1. I am still not in the clear about what dmg type affects us and what does not, for example from what I understand "Lightning Damage" apply to all: hits/attacks/spells, correct, since it does not spcify?

Example: "Adds 2 to 27 Lightning Dmg"

If this is true, does this: "Adds 2-27 Physical Dmg" apply to spells as well, since it does not spcify? Or "physical" means "hits"/"attacks"?

2. "Arcane Surge procs based on total mana spent with the linked spell. To reliably proc it with every cast you need to keep it at whatever your mana cost allows, usually Lv6!"

In your situation ASS at Lv.6 requires 26 mana to be spend, while Storm Brand at Lv. 15 costs only 17 mana. I was thinking "maybe he means to cast it twice, but then why stop it Lv.6..". I can't find a realationship between 17 and 26.

Thanks again, I know I'm a n00b, and sorry if the answers to my questions turn to be very obvious :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info