Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Hi guys,
Was wondering if someone can look through my items and skill tree and tell me what I could improve.
I'm thinking of redoing this build next league now that I'm a little bit more experienced with this game.

remove two spell critical chance nodes (to the left of lord of the dead). Get deep toughts and something else. You don't need 10 int talent too (under cruel preparation)
swap your malachai's artifice ring to essence worm, you can't reserve so much mana because of Mind over matter
Spell damage on your clear mind jewel doesn't work too because of reserved mana
If you don't have 6-link bodyarmor, it's better to use hypothermia instead of added lightning damage (but you need any source of cold damage to spells)
Heartbreaker dagger is pretty weak. It could be your first dagger at the league start, but it's possible to find a better dagger even at day 1 or 2.
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Mar 1, 2019, 11:16:47 AM
Yes this is going to be another one of those "what can I improve" posts, but I'll try to be specific.

First, again thanks to Enki, Big and the other regular contributors. This guide really made the game for me an it's exactly as advertised. It's my first league and I was able to get through red elder, vaal temple, beachead and shaper, and I think by my count I spent only about 2 Ex on gear (watcher's eye, essence worm, dagger bases and a basic 6L chest) and about 6Ex on dagger crafting.

So now I was planning on spending the final betrayal weekend on alluring abyss and uber elder. I think though for that I need a bit more boss DPS as I am not that good mechanically, so a shorter fight will mean less chances to screw up. I'm already using a basic lightning spire setup.

Looking through POB, I think my next best upgrade is probably to craft my other dagger and replace my current cobbled-up one:

Also, I seem to remember that the suggested enchants for the second dagger are a bit different than the first one, but can't find that info again.

I only have about 6 EX and 400c to work with and that includes the cost of any enchanting mats (anul orbs are getting pretty expensive, and I've already failed 4 on my other base). I've tried looking to see whether investing in some lv 21 gems is worth it, but can't figure out how to do that in PoB.

So I guess the questions are - is crafting a second dagger the biggest dps increase, if so, what are the desired enchants for a second dagger, and are there any other DPS improvements I can fit in my budget to improve my chances with uber elder.

Any advice is appreciated,

Jules

"
BigJules wrote:

Looking through POB, I think my next best upgrade is probably to craft my other dagger and replace my current cobbled-up one:

yes, just get dagger like your maelstrom scratch with the same mods. It's a good dps boost
also you could replace your belt to stygian vise and get a better rolled atziri's promise and wise oak flasks
"
Raedwolf64 wrote:
A friend and I are looking at ideas for next league of this build and a buff bot char. Any suggestions on what would be best for that character and any changes that would be beneficial to make to this build to work in that kind of a team? thanks

If you plan on playing 100% with your friend or in groups, then it will be different than if there will be some solo play involved. Since you’re on this thread, I’ll assume someone will play this build, and the biggest group dynamic is full shock, but that affects all damage equally. If your friend could get EO and provide -50 Lightning res, that would help, but make sure he isn’t granting +25%...most EO builds I know of aren’t lightning focused. Otherwise we provide Wrath aura, and that could swap for any other aura skill more suitable to you both (probably Haste).

If you look at Esh_Kodesh on me, I started an aura bot RF build this league...just lost interest in PoE before getting past yellow maps. RF is hard to properly gear, and I don’t recommend it as a league starter, but it was absurdly tanky and got up to about 750k - 1m shaped dps in PoB. If you’re interested in that, just send me a PM, and I’ll give you the full talent tree.
Just wanted to say thank you for this guide. I'm completely new to the game and this build has been easy and fun to play so that I could actually enjoy the story my first time through and not worry about creating a bad character. I'm now at yellow maps and will probably take a little break until synthesis.

I hope you'll update this build with some of the new stuff coming, I really like this playstyle and the fact that you can make a SSF build that's viable if you want to. I'm thinking of going full SSF next.
Thank you for the guide, this was my first time playing PoE and although i had some trouble with optimizing gear and such i still had fun and was able to do all content. You did a great job on the guide.
Hi, I'm starting to follow this very well laid out guide. I have a question about the skill points. Is it not worth going for "Spiritual command" to get more damage for your spells?
Thanks Enki for posting this

Build is pretty good to get you into the end game but I seemed to hit a wall as it plays like a glass cannon for me now

Maybe it's because I lack some of the items required to finalized it (they are expensive: 6l inpulsa, 21 arc, watcher eye+lighting-leach) even at the end of a league

At a certain point I was getting one shotted by enemies like syndicate intervention

It's been an interesting build to get back into the game but my next one will be much tankier and cheaper

"
Carpediem86 wrote:
Hi, I'm starting to follow this very well laid out guide. I have a question about the skill points. Is it not worth going for "Spiritual command" to get more damage for your spells?

Currently not, as it only applies Minion Attack Speed, which would only affect Whirling Blades/Leap Slam. If it should ever get changed to apply both Minion Attack & Cast Speed then yes, it would be really good for us to take.

"
snowmittens wrote:

Build is pretty good to get you into the end game but I seemed to hit a wall as it plays like a glass cannon for me now

Maybe it's because I lack some of the items required to finalized it (they are expensive: 6l inpulsa, 21 arc, watcher eye+lighting-leach) even at the end of a league

At a certain point I was getting one shotted by enemies like syndicate intervention

It's been an interesting build to get back into the game but my next one will be much tankier and cheaper

You'll probably like to hear that the next version will be exactly this, tankier and cheaper.
twitch.tv/enkivt
"
snowmittens wrote:

I agree in part, running dual-wield daggers wo/ shield could bring your damage up into red maps quickly, but at the cost of survivability. Since I went SC this league with no plans to do the 100 grind deaths didn't matter as much, but still not being able to reliably do syndicate content past tier 10 maps or so without 10+ ex level gear was annoying. That's mostly on the league though, it's the deadliest and shittiest one I've played. I've still not been able to do mastermind solo.

Inpulsa is most likely getting nerfed now, so I expect it to be cheaper in Synthesis. Hopefully Arc isn't nerfed as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info