Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Mentoya wrote:
Per the page 1 of the development manifesto,

"Here are a few examples of cast times after these changes: Discharge (0.75 sec from 1 sec), Glacial Cascade (0.7 sec from 0.8 sec), Arc (0.7 sec from 0.8 sec) and Ice Nova (0.7 sec from 0.8 sec).

Arc also has a lower chain distance now, so it won't bounce between distant packs of enemies. "

The other smaller concern: Storm Brand nerf?

"A small number of spells that we consider too powerful for their ease of use, like Brands, Winter Orb and Blade Vortex have had their damage lowered. We'll be revealing the full list of changes in the patch note"

Just wondering how big you all think the arc nerf is based upon the above. I'm sure if Storm Brand is nerfed too much, a suitable replacement can be found.

we have to see the numbers tomorrow
Also, we can't use controlled destruction and elemental overload without extra source of crit anymore. Controlled destruction could be replaced with a new support gem
Storm brand damage nerf doesn't affect this build. With onslaught buff its actually got better, we can get onslaught with storm brand vs bosses now.
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Mar 4, 2019, 9:33:53 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Can't you wait for the full patch notes?

No

Because it's just fun to speculate since that's all we have now until patch notes come out......I know that nobody knows for sure. Not to mention, that's why the released the teaser, so that it give us things to talk about.
Last edited by Mentoya on Mar 4, 2019, 11:15:13 PM
"
es arc build maybe?
I was debating trying this before the manifesto but couldn’t find a way to reliably make it work. Half the battle is navigating the passive tree. I’ve never gone ES so I wanted to be sure first. However, with the ES buffs and low crit “nerf,” I am strongly reconsidering low life ES and replacing Paragon of Calamity with Elemancer and using Ice Golem. You would have elemental ailment immunity with a 50% chance to avoid stuns. Granted, low life = painful stuns. To make it work, I’d link Wrath to Blood Magic and pick up Pain Attunment (30% more damage). Then Haste and Discipline would reserve mana (MoM doesn’t work with ES). Shavronne’s Wrappings would be required for body armour in order to prevent chaos damage from one shotting me.

There is a small chance I’d focus crit, but I think EO would still be preferable. Another alternative would be going CI, dropping Haste Aura (despite forum confusion, nothing said in the manifesto changes how CI functions, immunity has nothing to do with max resistances).

I have a tentative build worked up, but the tree/gems will change. I’ll post the build if I think it may work. However, I strongly recommend following anything Enki posts over me.

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
Also, we can't use controlled destruction and elemental overload without extra source of crit anymore. Controlled destruction could be replaced with a new support gem
Storm brand damage nerf doesn't affect this build. With onslaught buff its actually got better, we can get onslaught with storm brand vs bosses now.
I don’t see how this would be true really. Previously if you had Arc (base 5% crit) supported by CD (100% decreased crit), the formula would be “crit = .05 + .05 * -1 = 0”. The base minimum would kick in and still provide 5% crit. If we have at least 100% increased crit then there is no change to crit chance “crit = .05 + .05 * (-1 + 1) = .05.” Currently, the tree picks up 40% crit, and 2 daggers with 30% each brings us up to 100%, completely negating the “nerf.” Further crit is added in via Lightning Golem and better daggers. I find no reason why we would want to drop Spell Echo unless the new support gem somehow interferes with the mechanics. You might suffer crit chance while leveling, but for end game content there will be no significant change in that regard. Granted, this does put scepters at a disadvantage.

I agree Onslaught will probably be highly advantageous linked to SB, though it may have to wait for a Watcher’s Eye before getting implemented.
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 4, 2019, 11:46:14 PM
"
I don’t see how this would be true really. Previously if you had Arc (base 5% crit) supported by CD (100% decreased crit), the formula would be “crit = .05 + .05 * -1 = 0”. The base minimum would kick in and still provide 5% crit. If we have at least 100% increased crit then there is no change to crit chance “crit = .05 + .05 * (-1 + 1) = .05.” Currently, the tree picks up 40% crit, and 2 daggers with 30% each brings us up to 100%, completely negating the “nerf.” Further crit is added in via Lightning Golem and better daggers. I find no reason why we would want to drop Spell Echo unless the new support gem somehow interferes with the mechanics. You might suffer crit chance while leveling, but for end game content there will be no significant change in that regard. Granted, this does put scepters at a disadvantage.

I agree Onslaught will probably be highly advantageous linked to SB, though it may have to wait for a Watcher’s Eye before getting implemented.

"
Previously, an effect that could critically hit was capped at 5% minimum critical chance, and 95% maximum critical chance. We've set both of these caps to 0% and 100%.

there is no minimum crit chance anymore
It could be important for early leveling with wands/sceptres (daggers without cast speed suxx). Even with 5% crit chance it's not easy to sustain elemental overload, especially if cast speed is low. And if that chance drops to like 2%... yea.
Lightning golem gives attack and cast speed, what crit are you talking about?
"better daggers"? 50% implicit daggers with 1.2 attacks per second? They are bad for movement, not better at all.

you don't have to wait untill watchers to use onslaught. Just replace increased duration to it
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Mar 5, 2019, 12:07:19 AM
Many buffs for my planned new setup in the Balance Manifesto.

If Arcs flat damage doesn't get reduced by too much, then the cast time reduction should be an actual buff with how much cast speed this build stacks, and that's minus all the new stuff coming.
Our shocking capabilities won't be affected from the lower hit damage, I know there's some people who like to criticize me for activating shock in PoB but they just don't understand how things work and very obviously haven't even tried to find the explanation in this guide.

Can't say how the Arc chain distance nerf will affect us yet, for now i'd say this will mainly affect Arc Trappers and Miners who can't quickly recast but we'll just have to wait and see.

I also refuse to say handcasting.

It's fun to see you all speculate about the new setup, none of you have been close yet :)
twitch.tv/enkivt
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 5, 2019, 3:35:55 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
Many buffs for my planned new setup in the Balance Manifesto.

If Arcs flat damage doesn't get reduced by too much, then the cast time reduction should be an actual buff with how much cast speed this build stacks, and that's minus all the new stuff coming.
Our shocking capabilities won't be affected from the lower hit damage, I know there's some people who like to criticize me for activating shock in PoB but they just don't understand how things work and very obviously haven't even tried to find the explanation in this guide.

Can't say how the Arc chain distance nerf will affect us yet, for now i'd say this will mainly affect Arc Trappers and Miners who can't quickly recast but we'll just have to wait and see.

I also refuse to say handcasting.

It's fun to see you all speculate about the new setup, none of you have been close yet :)

Good to know.

I hope we can use shield in the new setup , because i HATE whirling blades, lol.
Yeah, "handcasting". It's like "a handjob" or something.
Few questions
* Will new crit chance nerf won't affect this build?
* I suppose we have to wait, but Inpulsa propably will be nerfed :/
* Have you considered new Unleash/Spell Focus supports?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Mar 5, 2019, 5:54:23 AM
Enki, do you plan to add LS setup to the guide on the 1st page? Its on page 990 e.g.,so I dont have to bookmark it anymore :P
Last edited by M0f0 on Mar 5, 2019, 6:27:18 AM
"
M0f0 wrote:
Enki, do you plan to add LS setup to the guide on the 1st page? Its on page 990 e.g.,so I dont have to bookmark it anymore :P

''It's that time again! I've worked out a new setup for 3.6 that will make this build even cheaper and better, and i'm confident it will survive patch notes. I plan to stream the updating process this time, no further details about the new setup until then!

I'm going to update the guide live on stream at Thursday, starting around 1pm CET!''
Last edited by Balantakos on Mar 5, 2019, 6:50:56 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
It could be important for early leveling with wands/sceptres (daggers without cast speed suxx). Even with 5% crit chance it's not easy to sustain elemental overload, especially if cast speed is low. And if that chance drops to like 2%... yea.
Lightning golem gives attack and cast speed, what crit are you talking about?
"better daggers"? 50% implicit daggers with 1.2 attacks per second? They are bad for movement, not better at all.

you don't have to wait untill watchers to use onslaught. Just replace increased duration to it
You’re right. It’s Ice Golem that gives crit... /facepalm. With the daggers I’m not saying you should reach for 50% implicits but that it’s possible. Granted, I was thinking there was a 40% that offered a higher aps and was very wrong. It also would put a stop to using block daggers. In any case unless you are cursed with Enfeeble then you will still reach 5% crit chance with 40% from tree and 2 daggers. This is also Arc only, so SB wouldn’t suffer any loss of crit. For leveling I find EO nice but not very reliable anyways. I’ll probably skip it till maps.

"
Nishrek wrote:
* Will new crit chance nerf won't affect this build?
* I suppose we have to wait, but Inpulsa propably will be nerfed :/
* Have you considered new Unleash/Spell Focus supports?
(1) Crit nerf will hurt early on and make block daggers/scepters not viable, but in the long run I believe it won’t affect the build any.
(2) They nerfed Inpulsa’s last patch and severely reduced the drop chance (drop chance is what made it expensive). If they nerf it again, I suspect GGG will try to weed out non-lightning builds from being able to proc the explosions. Possibly requiring lightning damage to be at least 50% of the killing damage or something.
(3) Considered it? Can’t do much till the skills are revealed. It’s also possible Arcane Surge or Innervate could be viable.

"
Balantakos wrote:
I hope we can use shield in the new setup , because i HATE whirling blades, lol.
Both shields and Dual casting will get new and/or improved nodes. Given Bex specifically mentioned an increase in cast speed for dual wielding, I think you’re out of luck.
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 5, 2019, 8:36:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info