Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I fully echo all that Hologram_o has mentioned. I played my first character in ambush, a non-build weird summoner/firestorm character. Then again in perandus following a totem build guide. And now Betrayal. As someone with limited time, it sure removed lots of frustration having a well thought our guide as a companion while playing. I play solo, since I only have random times, also I did play some breachstone maps, which was amazing to see the strength of strong characters.

I'm planning on keeping this character active in standard, since I don't think I want to start over -- especially doing the lab trials again!! I was able to finish mastermind after 3 deaths, and almost made it through the hall of the grand masters. Died to a laser beam character. I have no idea why it's a tier 8 map, I died 6 times pretty much wiping out all my character's level experience.

I haven't found any good gear for the past two weeks since I made it to red maps. I have no idea how characters make so much currency, I found 2 exalts while playing which I spent on the watchers eye. Everything else I kept an eye on poe-trade, got lucky buying unique rings for mostly 1 alch and getting a good role on loreweave. Having 50 player trade interactions as a new player was interesting.

According to POB, I do 411K DPS for arc, which seems to be pretty good. I've only made it to T12 since I haven't got any T12+ map drops. It's really satisfying running around and melting mobs, and for that Enki, thank you. I think players like you are the unsung heroes of the game as it makes playing POE far more approachable.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback other stronger characters might have on my setup and gear. I figure an inpulsa's would be the next upgrade, but don't have anywhere near the currency to obtain that at the moment. I've been chancing and scouring a sadist garb when I find currency, but no luck so far. I also keep my eye out for good dagger basis so I can hopefully attempt to craft better daggers at some point.
Do you know which of the crafted mods we are currently using on daggers will no longer be available on standard? I have an extra pair of daggers and wanted to craft those mods before league ends.
"
bibanul wrote:
Do you know which of the crafted mods we are currently using on daggers will no longer be available on standard? I have an extra pair of daggers and wanted to craft those mods before league ends.

we have to wait untill patchnotes for this information
I absolutely don't understand why are there a Liege of Primordial advice as last lab taken.

Golems can die fast and don't do much dmg and u spend extra passive points for them also.

AND if you take Liege of Primordial, then why use Elemental Resistance for Minions Support at all, why not start with Minion Life Support ?

As a novice player Pendulum of Destruction looks much appealing to me, isn't +75% erl.dmg with 50% uptime better than 2nd Golem that does maximum 10% of your dmg?
Last edited by Tusk_Luv on Feb 27, 2019, 4:41:26 AM
I'm really enjoying the build so far. But I have one question, what can I do to improve bossing?
I've heard there was a skill gem we could swap to when bossing.
Thanks in advanced
"
Enki91 wrote:
I'm expecting the Arc nerf to be completely offset by those selfcast buffs, the nerf is just needed to bring Arc more in line or else it would once again be too strong with all this new stuff. A positive side effect is that everything non-selfcast will also lose some of its advantage.

It's likely going to be one or two things out of 10-20% reduced base damage, reduced more damage per chain or reduced chain count.

I've already planned for all possible changes and worked out a setup that will work great no matter what happens.

Why are you expecting this?
The only thing, that must be nerfed are traps, Arc by itself aren't OP in the any case.
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
"
hp1 wrote:
Spoiler
I fully echo all that Hologram_o has mentioned. I played my first character in ambush, a non-build weird summoner/firestorm character. Then again in perandus following a totem build guide. And now Betrayal. As someone with limited time, it sure removed lots of frustration having a well thought our guide as a companion while playing. I play solo, since I only have random times, also I did play some breachstone maps, which was amazing to see the strength of strong characters.

I'm planning on keeping this character active in standard, since I don't think I want to start over -- especially doing the lab trials again!! I was able to finish mastermind after 3 deaths, and almost made it through the hall of the grand masters. Died to a laser beam character. I have no idea why it's a tier 8 map, I died 6 times pretty much wiping out all my character's level experience.

I haven't found any good gear for the past two weeks since I made it to red maps. I have no idea how characters make so much currency, I found 2 exalts while playing which I spent on the watchers eye. Everything else I kept an eye on poe-trade, got lucky buying unique rings for mostly 1 alch and getting a good role on loreweave. Having 50 player trade interactions as a new player was interesting.

According to POB, I do 411K DPS for arc, which seems to be pretty good. I've only made it to T12 since I haven't got any T12+ map drops. It's really satisfying running around and melting mobs, and for that Enki, thank you. I think players like you are the unsung heroes of the game as it makes playing POE far more approachable.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback other stronger characters might have on my setup and gear. I figure an inpulsa's would be the next upgrade, but don't have anywhere near the currency to obtain that at the moment. I've been chancing and scouring a sadist garb when I find currency, but no luck so far. I also keep my eye out for good dagger basis so I can hopefully attempt to craft better daggers at some point.

I wouldn't do any big changes right now, the patch is fairly close and you probably won't be able to use the upgrades with my planned new setup.

"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Spoiler
I absolutely don't understand why are there a Liege of Primordial advice as last lab taken.

Golems can die fast and don't do much dmg and u spend extra passive points for them also.

AND if you take Liege of Primordial, then why use Elemental Resistance for Minions Support at all, why not start with Minion Life Support ?

As a novice player Pendulum of Destruction looks much appealing to me, isn't +75% erl.dmg with 50% uptime better than 2nd Golem that does maximum 10% of your dmg?

Liege gives us 70% increased damage + 13% attack & cast speed with Lv20 golems, which is far better than Pendulum. Minion & Totem Ele Res is only meant to be used until you spec Liege, as is mentioned in the guide. The minion nodes are taken because of Spiritual Aid.

"
Spoiler
I'm really enjoying the build so far. But I have one question, what can I do to improve bossing?
I've heard there was a skill gem we could swap to when bossing.
Thanks in advanced

Lightning Spire Trap, linked with Trap & Mine Damage, Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus. Shaper gloves with Advanced Traps and/or Faster Casting also help.

"
SilverWF wrote:
Spoiler
"
Enki91 wrote:
I'm expecting the Arc nerf to be completely offset by those selfcast buffs, the nerf is just needed to bring Arc more in line or else it would once again be too strong with all this new stuff. A positive side effect is that everything non-selfcast will also lose some of its advantage.

It's likely going to be one or two things out of 10-20% reduced base damage, reduced more damage per chain or reduced chain count.

I've already planned for all possible changes and worked out a setup that will work great no matter what happens.

Why are you expecting this?
The only thing, that must be nerfed are traps, Arc by itself aren't OP in the any case.

It was teased that Arc will get nerfed, but nothing specific yet. And it makes sense, with all the new stuff for selfcasting and maybe some more that we don't know about yet, what is a currently balanced selfcasted Arc would probably turn out way too strong in comparison.

And it would also nerf all the other ways to play Arc as they have no access to the selfcast buffs, without potentially ruining all those options for any other spells. Although I do agree that Traps and Mines need a little bit of rebalancing.
twitch.tv/enkivt
Last edited by Enki91 on Feb 27, 2019, 5:40:14 AM
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:

Golems are for buffing you, not for damage.

After taking Liege of Primordial you need to swap elem resist gems with 2nd golem gem

Well, elemental damage is only part of overall damage output in the formula (there is also separate multipliers of spell damage and just damage), so basically, this is not 75% increase, but, maybe 20-30%

But, I dislike Shaper of Desolation passive too - it is quite dumb (got nerfed long ago :( )
Beacon of Ruin is better a bit, but still

I think, there is 2 other options:
1. 'More golems'
take Pendulum of Destruction and Elemancer nodes. We would get +75% elem damage every 5 sec, we would get +1 golem (3 in total), so +20% (up to +60%) damage for every golem and +25% (up to +75%) increased effect of golem buffs, granted to you. Also as immunity to all elemental ailments (if run with Fire, Lightning and Ice golems, Ice is pretty pointless for us tho, better would be use Chaos or Stone).

2. 'Fk golems'
Take Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord
And run Herald of Thunder instead of 2nd golem. This would allow us to penetrate 25% of lightning resistances - this is 'more' multiplier and this is huge.
Or even 2 heralds - with added Herald of Ice, for increased clear speed
And still, we could use Lightning golem - for little cast speed buff
Sadly, this option would be broken after equipping Essence Worm ring. Maybe, if only opt out of it completely and of Wrath aura too - increased lightning penetration would be better than + spell lightning damage

Still, this is Enki's guide, great one, I must admit :D
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on Feb 27, 2019, 5:55:23 AM
"
SilverWF wrote:

2. 'Fk golems'
Take Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord
And run Herald of Thunder instead of 2nd golem. This would allow us to penetrate 25% of lightning resistances - this is 'more' multiplier and this is huge.
Or even 2 heralds - with added Herald of Ice, for increased clear speed
And still, we could use Lightning golem - for little cast speed buff
Sadly, this option would be broken after equipping Essence Worm ring. Maybe, if only opt out of it completely and of Wrath aura too - increased lightning penetration would be better than + spell lightning damage

Still, this is Enki's guide, great one, I must admit :D

You need mana for MoM
Thanks for the clarifications, and another question:

Do our minions need ACCURACY ?

Does higher accuracy on minions give US more dmg, by buffing our dmg from Arc? Asking for if with Command of the Pit gloves do i need to socket Ghastly Jewel or not, so i can go with 3 linked sockets + abyss socket when have enough $.
Last edited by Tusk_Luv on Feb 27, 2019, 2:04:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info