Snapshotting

"
Malone wrote:
they announced it several month ago, you just wake up now.

kinda. i think most of us had no idea that using both weapon/shield slots, different spectre support, and etc was snapshotting.

i know i didn't.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
iuxtaignem wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
1.2.0, like our other major expansions, will include a one-time optional full passive reset. That's part of why 1.2.0 is a good time to release this change, since this will be occuring then.

Beat me to it :)
Thanks.

Time to reroll my cycloner to RF
"
Are Gem sharing considered snapshot?

Obviously they are if you watched and read carefully. The short version seam to be: you won't be able to equip and unequip stuff and maintain their abilities. They said they will put a check every time a support gem is changed, reduced mana is a support gem.
"
Malone wrote:
No buffs are necessary. Summoner is really powerfull without snapshot already.

Unfortunately, no, they are not.

I don't snapshot minions on my summoners, but have to admit, that not snapshotted summoners are weak as hell on 74+ maps compared to other builds. Virtually the only summoners' unique which can be used there is Bones, res is so crap defensive wise, that it's for suiciders. You don't have sockets to use all skills you would need to use, especially for auras.

So I love this decision about removing snapshotting, but I hope, that all summoners gems/gear will be re-balance knowing, that it will not be used only for snapshotting.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Klimentiy wrote:

chill brah.

if you don't like the state/direction of the game, and it seems pretty obvious - don't like the developers - then move the fuck on!

Perhaps try redirecting your energy into something productive instead... just a "hommie" advice bud.

weird. i thought constructive criticism WAS productive.

my bad.

i obviously like the game and give/gave the developers faith - it's WHY i make these posts. if i didn't like the game/see the potential, i wouldn't have bothered posting at all. sorry for trying to mitigate what seems to be a godawful mistake in the midst of the snapshotting fix while trying to give insight into how summoners play.

again, my bad.

the new borderlands can't come out soon enough.

Your criticism had at the point of the post I am quoting, been overwhelmingly destructive. You haven't offered any single solution that gets rid of both snapshotting and allows summoners to have multiple viable routes in regards to spectre and zombie management; i.e. if you've offered any "constructive" criticism, I've missed it.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
RF mara here
i like this news ^)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
No buffs are necessary. Summoner is really powerfull without snapshot already.

Unfortunately, no, they are not.

I don't snapshot minions on my summoners, but have to admit, that not snapshotted summoners are weak as hell on 74+ maps compared to other builds. Virtually the only summoners' unique which can be used there is Bones, res is so crap defensive wise, that it's for suiciders. You don't have sockets to use all skills you would need to use, especially for auras.

So I love this decision about removing snapshotting, but I hope, that all summoners gems/gear will be re-balance knowing, that it will not be used only for snapshotting.

I can do lvl 78 maps without snapshot without any issue, with 7 auras, and you are wrong about only unique , Midnight Bargain will continue to be the best 1H summoner weapon.

Zombie+Empower+Melee Splash+Multistrike+Minion Life+Faster Attack ( or remote mine or melee physical .. ) is working perfectly well without snapshot.

And for spectre evangelist, increase area, faster casting, added fire..

EASY MOD.

my tree :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswZJB2MMfQ5cEHQQfxCXEVARlhNsFVAXLxmKGmwajxzcHRQdqiSLJLAo-ilPKpgvbzrYO-E8jkNjRARFfkZxTblN2FXWVi1XK1fJWPVakVyKZOdmnmqsa9ttGW-ecLtxTXNTfLt9GH_GgKSBb4LHgwmFYIbRiECLeox2j0aQM5Mnms-boZu1na6dxJ48oqOmrKcIpyuofarErH-0DLcxuJO_l8HzwzrGnsk9ykrMvNDQ0_vZC9kT4Yji9-Qi5oHquuvu7DjsivIe89322vfB99f56PqA-tL7Cf5J
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 18, 2014, 8:56:58 AM
Holy nutballs this thread o.O
We srsly need an ignore function in the forum.

Also a little tip to some of you:
Only because you're capsing and writing in bold text doesn't make your statement "more right"

Other than that: I really like this change and looking forward to it.
Was planing on making a RF-char but planned from the beginning to not use snapshotting on it.
"
silumit wrote:
"
let's assume you only have 1 reduced mana and you put it to another gear slot, basically you already paid for the price and you gain nothing exept a gear slot.
You forgot about 1-5 additional gems supported by this "second" Reduced Mana gem.

Was speaking about starting, unless you trade or have other char, you will have few reduced mana, so having only one you can put it on different slot. Im not assuming uber build, but let's say you have 1 red and one green socket in helmet and one blue and one red in glove you could run both aura.

Not my case I have plenty fo gems and helped many beginners... but it had possibilities both for low end and end high end build
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
After reading all those 27 pages of discussion, i now have the urge to say some things:

First of all, everytime i see people snapshotting at streams/uber atziri farming, i remember the 90's players doing speedruns of games like Mario and Zelda, using a lot of bugs and not having fun at all. That kind of thing is really bad, and i'm happy this is going to be removed.

If you don't know what a speedrun is:
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/xArbBkU1b8s
run starts at 02:48

HOWEVER:

While you are properly nerfing the low-life-9 auras-insta leech-elebuzzsaws that kill uber atziri as if she was hillock (i'm really tired of watching people stream that), you guys are destroying builds that WEREN'T VIABLE SINCE THE BEGGINING AND THAT ONLY BECAME VIABLE WITH SNAPSHOTTING (by viable i mean kill uber atziri without dying).

I want to give special attention to summoners because i just made one a few days ago, thinking : "ok let's just do a MF build cuz i need currency", but now it's my favorite build and i never had so much fun in this game.

There are many different LEVELS of snapshotting, for example: the sunbelt tricks shown at the snapshotting video, that's really buggy and not fair (it makes your minions OP). On the other way, using Mon'tregul's Grasp to summon 4 tanky zombies (and keep other normal five after that) is a MUST (it makes your minions just OK), if you want to kill the big bosses of this game.

So... ok... remove snapshotting, BUT, take a good look at summoners, they are the best idea you guys ever had in this game, however they aren't receiving the proper attention they deserve. And i'm not even talking about the jokes called animate weapon and animate guardian, there should be a complete rework on them.

Last thing, the biggest issue in this game ATM is DESYNC, nerfing builds to the ground or even removing them from the game doesn't hurt to much (it actually does), but DESYNC makes you want to uninstall the game.Fix that first, then move to other things, as another guy said in this thread, i'm afraid of what will happen if DESYNC affects the new "real time skills update" mechanic.

By the time i wrote this post, the low-life-9 auras-insta leech-elebuzzsaws killed atziri about 15 times, while a random, same skilled summoner died and gave up fighting her. RIP Atziri. RIP summoner.

English is my second language so there might be a lot of mistakes there, please don't be a grammar nazi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info