Snapshotting

How about a huge buff to Tempest Shield? 1/4 of my mana for 6 block is poop.
I am grateful I took apart my RF build. This should make RF specific builds RIP.

Poor summoners. RIP. I don't see any logical way to get over this over nerf. GGG has the habit of going absolutely overboard when they nerf something.

I am happy to see snapshotting go (it was a pain in the ass so I did away with it a while ago my self) but I also see it rather sad that it is going to hinder so many build options.
Worst update ever!!!

Plz, only remove the snapshot from auras, like skill tree and alpha's howl.

Because zombies without snapshot is VERY VERY weak and they cant survive to anything, like AoE lightning damage. Same thing for the Righteous Fire, i have a RF build and without Snapshot is VERY weak. Snapshot is the fun of any build, summoner without snapshot will be more boring.
"
Phoenix320 wrote:
I am grateful I took apart my RF build. This should make RF specific builds RIP.

Poor summoners. RIP. I don't see any logical way to get over this over nerf. GGG has the habit of going absolutely overboard when they nerf something.

I am happy to see snapshotting go (it was a pain in the ass so I did away with it a while ago my self) but I also see it rather sad that it is going to hinder so many build options.

Yeah, I had enough problems with non-trash stuff with my mildly ss minions. Not going to be playing a summoner until they go through the whole "Oh, nobody has played with this for a year, maybe we should look at it" rigamarole.

But hey, at least Arc's pretty cool these days.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
gingasteve wrote:
That's 5+3+2=10 support gems used + raise spectre meaning you essentially have an 11 link chest.

It has been proven and tested numerous times that swapping out Remote mine and Trap gems for other supports will not give minions damage bonus coming from Trap and Remote mine.

The only nasty thing is that people were snapshotting from a 6L + 1 gems staff, meaning they had two 6Link summons.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
This alone just means less diversity more flameblast/arc.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
This is pretty annoying as it seems to me that it's not just the snapshotting that's the problem it's with people switching out gear like the summoners are doing for their pets. I use RF but the only snap shot i use if on my redbeaks i'm not taking any gems out or taking any gear off so surely this should be ok. How about rather than stopping Snapshotting completely the devs look at making sure that if a piece of gear is used for auras etc as soon as this is taken off the aura etc stop which could also work with making the spectres called up disappear as well? At least this way people who use RF could still use it? and with this i mean only players that arent changing armours over etc as i don't do this.

I definately feel that snapshotting by changing gear over all the time to get pets up etc as unfair and yes it probs does take a while as well but for me when using RF it takes me less than 10 seconds to change over to my redbeaks hit purity of lightning hitting RF taking a pot and then changing weapons.

I don't see how this is unfair when there are other builds out there that do more damage than me.

Just seems that this game is becoming for the rich only as i went for RF as you don't need stupid amounts of currency to get yaself doing well, whereas with alot of other builds great gear is essential.
Before SotV i was running with a clean empty inventory, not even a scroll inthere...
Then i got used to have a stack of , Scroll, Transmute, Augmentation, Alteration, Chance, Alch, Regal and Chaos., Almost the same space of a 2H, or Bow, always used in my inventory.

then why not carry a helm or a chest for occasional situation?

Most people complain about uber build, CRown of Eyes and shav... but for a Summoner, Shav could be great, but it lack armor and ES and better stats you'l find on a rare.
Crown.. seriously what's the point it didnt give you much of an advantage, it is you minions who deal damage and going from 1k to 1.3k dps at max wont even sustain your shield.
Apparently many assimilate snapshoting to abuse or link it to Uber streamed build..

Hi have many exemple to provide where this is diversity it gave and versatility.

Let's assume im building a power Siphon build, most of the gear and the passive will only work till lv 68 (lv 20 reduced mana, lv 20 blood magic gem)
If by chance i have a Covenant or a Simula i coul use the blood magic to preview what the build will do and correct before going lv 68.

What few understand is that for summoner, it's the only way to be a bit decent, by that i mean: just level up a lv 82-85 Summoner, and now go to party with 3 people in a little 74 maps... just feel the useless and underpowering feeling do you got:
Yes you can curse or dual curse, yes you provide aura for other... but if you part a little bit from the group, you will take hudge time for you minions to deal with with mobs where other party member can mow them down.

Snapshoting is a pain..but as of now there isnt any other alternative, you need both aura (minion survivability) gear for yourself (AOE mob dont only target your minions, like radiation nevers stoped at the border during nuclear disaster).

Actually you can face several choice:
Dont snapshot, be ready to jump on what map do you like... but sweat every second because you will feel so weak that the only area you dont feel threatned is Sarn...

Snapshot, only use the viable specter take ton of time to prepare and be ready to snapshot aura for tough boss... but that way you can got "safely to lv 70 maps in solo)

Now take a melee or a ranged, they dont need (i put NEED) to snapeshot, it could provide them a bunus but it is not a necessity for them and they can swapp gem at will.

summoner can swap gem (for new version) but will not be able to maintain different type of spectre or minions, that part will be removed.

Now they decided (could not find it back) a Post of one of the GGG crew stating that they found a technical solution to fix snapshoting, but they were hesitating due to what it really give to specific build like summoner or RF

Cause fixing it is doable, but what snapshoting provide is not an uber advantage, its the diversity and the fun opening many other way to play the game.

as a summoner i like to have 1 or 2 minions with faster attack + blind + melee splash + minion speed. It's unefficient, will reduce my overall DPS, but i think its fun and sometime its' work.

I also liked to have TTBs one with chain + gmp + blind + knockback.
Same, not really usefull for clearing or dps ,but very funny, it change the way you play...
I could continue for hour cause i spend almost 9 month playing exclusively summoner, while making little break to test idea or theocraft other builds. (dog pee, flicker striker as a shadow Coc...and so on)

Previously i spoke abut freeing the slot... i mostly use the BM gem cause im getting tired of swapping gear each instance and i dont care dropping one or 2 aura as different class than summoner, i usually use these slot to level the gem to the level needed for my new try/theocrafting concept.

But i have to admit, fixing snapshoting, while technically doable, will remove many possibilities, ease of play, diversity, versatility from the game. And if that has'nt been taken into account and replacement had not been designed tested for release, i could see many who will riot (that still good if they riot, cause the love the game and are willing to express themself in order to let you fix it) but the other will still simply quit, take a break or stop supporting..

i really hope the smoke mine/convocation missfire has been learnt and that i ll see an answer from GGG.
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Thanks for all your hard work in figuring out a fix for this GGG, really appreciate it and the on-going discussion Mark is having with the community over it.

1- I think you are in for some serious resistance from summoners/RF over this. Seems every summoner/RF in the game was using it for some reason or other and probably do not know what their build is like without the MASSIVE damage/life and extra minions they are currently running with. When snapshotting goes away there are going to be very few left who doesn't think their build is broken in some form. I don't know if buffs are needed, I don't play one but you should plan for the fallout, there will be a good bit after it goes into effect. I don't think any build should be able to benefit from snapshotting but it was left in the game so long that the buffs that people received from it have become the norm for a large selection of the people playing the game. GGG is going to have to give some kind of concessions to this or you will have a riot. Even if you put a banner in game from now until the patch goes live - people are still going to say they didn't know, yada yada.

2- Fixing snapshotting is fixing snapshotting. There should be ZERO gems in the game that you can still damage enemies or get benefit from and not have the gem equipped. I don't care what downsides it has, if the gem is not equipped you should not be able to deal damage with it or gain benefit from it. Don't fix snapshotting and leave such a large loophole with RF, that it will still be able to be used in snapshotting with gear. Please do not leave any area for this to still be abused before that patch goes live or it shoots the entire credibility of the fix out the window.

<3 GGG

Edited in that I believe 1 should be pointed at RF and every other snapshot build as well.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 18, 2014, 12:03:01 PM
These changes sound good to me. About time to put an end to snapshotting.

I have a lvl 90 summoner i am playing. I think it only reducing the mana cost of raising minions should be lowered a little. A couple hundred mana for raising one zombie in a 6-link is a bit too much.

Other than that it's pretty good as it is.
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info