Snapshotting

Seriously, it seems snapshotting was the only reason to play poe.
I agree with a major buff for summoners and rf, but i completely disagree with snap. It's just a bug, that's it, and had to be removed sooner or later.
I also agree with spectre diversity, but not by swapping gems, otherwise i would have my tempest shield with life leech + power charge on crit + added lightning damage for only a 19% of my mana...
P.S: Sorry for my english (i know it sucks). Just wanted to state my point here
Hey Guys!

Let me first add that from what I've seen I'm the only Uber Atziri Servicing Summoner in standard at least.
And to hold of any future arguements in how I do it, yes, I 8L Spectres in 6L Weapon in to a 1h weapon as well as 8L Zombies in chest. Bla bla bla...

I really can't wait for the fix to occur, it takes me 5min to run Regular Atziri but it takes me roughly 10min to summon my army. Then an additional 45sec just to start auras inside a map before i can play.
And to hold of any arguements of me being lucky/rich/nerd to farm this, I've only played this game for 3 months and I happen to be good at trading, highest valued item I found has been a Ming's Heart.

HOWEVER: (This is where I post a list of "IF's")
Spoiler
If we as summoners are not getting a big chunk of buffs we will be stripped away from the Vaal Metagame entirely.

If the buffs are taking place but they are forcing us to resummon minions mid-fight we will lose the entire purpose of having Spectres. On top of that for those of you who have tried Uber-Atziri as a summoner will see that if you start standing still that long without the safety of evangelists shields (which doesn't give you much time to do this) you will in most scenarios die. Regular Atziri is possible to survive a bit of hits, but vs Uber-Atziri we get destroyed if hit one to many times.

If evangelist shields are not changed to actually protect TOTEMS the hybrid build "Raging Army" (that actually is a current build without snapshotting) will never ever have any sort of imaginable chance at Uber Atziri.

I'm a summoner 4 life as stated in my livestream. I will continuously only play summoner class in this game. And for the sake of the summoner community I hope that we are not going to get stripped from the Vaal Metagame. Specially as "Summoners" is an in-game abbreviation for a "Classes that uses minions as a source of DMG"

Basically I want to exhort all summoners to riot if no proper buffs are given!

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Lol, i just missed few pages--->

about spectres: many think Eva are only defensive spectre and bubble abuser... bt for that bubble to work you'r gonna sacrifice damage because you need 2 support: inc duration and inc Aoe. And for endgame as a full summoner (no leech , no damage no tankyness, you rely on minions) you have already a very limited choice.

It's the same for zombies, let take a simple exemple, you play with regular zombies and spectre usually 8/9 zombies and 3 spectres.
What diversisty snapshoting was providing is:

Have like 4 zombies for single target
RZ + melee phys + trap + remote mine + min damage + added fire

4 zombie for AOE
RZ + melee phys + trap + remote mine + min damage + melee splash

Before you complain, trap and remote mine are mandatory cause they wont do decent damage without it.

Let's compare to Flicker Strike / dual strike:

Single target
Dual Strike + multistrike + melee phys + added fire + critt multi + critt chance

AoE
Flicker Strike + multistrike + melee phys + Melee splash+ critt multi + critt chance

For summoner with the ongoing change you will need another 6L and/or to resummon you whole army.

for Flicker Strike dual strike user, only need to have added fire/melee splash in you inventory, open your inventory switch the gem and you'r good to go.

for summoner you have to plan, check you gear and gem requirement summon, chance the gem and so on.

Removing this mechanism will remove diversity, and if you dont buff summoner and make the use of distinct skill gem and support, you will simply kill it.

It's pretty clear:

Flciker + Dual strike can be viable endgame in a 4L and you can sports botth (using 3 different support, using weapon switch)

same goes for 2h and double strike, for weapon switch.

But for summoner, no weapon swtich... unless you only use minion helm and chest summon you could only switch the weapon or shield you use, leaving only room for NA (necro aegis)

dont speak about midnight bargain, switching will kill you additionnal summon it provide.

Queen decree, chober chabber, sidhebreath, seriously, just buy one and try to survive wearing them in endgame content.

Minions without aura and snapshot barely deal damage the limit is lv74 they start to take some hudge damage and take terrible time to kill enemies, try a 76-78 maps... Under lv 90 you'll feel the pain...

Going for dominus run, dont dream about it until you gems are LV 19 (lv 82-85) Other build can do it way sooner and are viable with lv 17 gems way sooner, but dont offer that much diverstiy, diversity that is going to disappear.

The only hope i have is that they do good skill like convocation and find a way to keep the diversity and please not like smoke mine.

and to those who speak about lv20 gem, as a casual player, i wont have access to it until i level it up, sure, player who dont start as summoner for first league character (except RMT player who can just buy some very early and have a set of gem lv at Lv 68)

You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
I dislike snapshotting as well, never used it honestly, i'm not prone in abusing mechanism in general. But ye i will be honest, taking the summoner as exemple kind of irritate me because it's probably only class where snapshotting is actually fixing more than abusing. I'll rather GGG pointed low life builds, because on top of having the most unbalanced mechanism (personal opinion), buffs, items and all the tralala, they also have the most unbalanced boost from snapshotting because they are the only one that can have so much auras, making them utterly broken compared to all other build, turning almost all other builds very subpart. Also i understand they used summoner as a showcase example, i just hope GGG will understand when broken mechanisms are additions or simple abuses. This also to demonstrate that too much perfect game mechanisms actually make the game boring and literally kill player creativity, coders have to leave room for their players to play with, so don't tight your environment too much either.
Last edited by Halagaz on Jun 18, 2014, 7:06:10 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:

No buffs are necessary. Summoner is really powerfull without snapshot already.
IF they really want to do something, they just have to buff some summoner uniques to make them really usefull without snapshot.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 18, 2014, 7:20:01 AM
"

about spectres: many think Eva are only defensive spectre and bubble abuser... bt for that bubble to work you'r gonna sacrifice damage because you need 2 support: inc duration and inc Aoe. And for endgame as a full summoner (no leech , no damage no tankyness, you rely on minions) you have already a very limited choice.

It's the same for zombies, let take a simple exemple, you play with regular zombies and spectre usually 8/9 zombies and 3 spectres.

4 zombie for AOE

Before you complain, trap and remote mine are mandatory cause they wont do decent damage without it.

Single target
Dual Strike + multistrike + melee phys + added fire + critt multi + critt chance

AoE
Flicker Strike + multistrike + melee phys + Melee splash+ critt multi + critt chance

For summoner with the ongoing change you will need another 6L and/or to resummon you whole army.

for Flicker Strike dual strike user, only need to have added fire/melee splash in you inventory, open your inventory switch the gem and you'r good to go.

for summoner you have to plan, check you gear and gem requirement summon, chance the gem and so on.

Removing this mechanism will remove diversity, and if you dont buff summoner and make the use of distinct skill gem and support, you will simply kill it.

It's pretty clear:

Flciker + Dual strike can be viable endgame in a 4L and you can sports botth (using 3 different support, using weapon switch)

But for summoner, no weapon swtich... unless you only use minion helm and chest summon you could only switch the weapon or shield you use, leaving only room for NA (necro aegis)

dont speak about midnight bargain, switching will kill you additionnal summon it provide.

Queen decree, chober chabber, sidhebreath, seriously, just buy one and try to survive wearing them in endgame content.

Minions without aura and snapshot barely deal damage the limit is lv74 they start to take some hudge damage and take terrible time to kill enemies, try a 76-78 maps... Under lv 90 you'll feel the pain...

Going for dominus run, dont dream about it until you gems are LV 19 (lv 82-85) Other build can do it way sooner and are viable with lv 17 gems way sooner, but dont offer that much diverstiy, diversity that is going to disappear.

The only hope i have is that they do good skill like convocation and find a way to keep the diversity and please not like smoke mine.

and to those who speak about lv20 gem, as a casual player, i wont have access to it until i level it up, sure, player who dont start as summoner for first league character (except RMT player who can just buy some very early and have a set of gem lv at Lv 68)

^
so much true! met many summoners who went in a lot of trouble - and lets not talk about lvling as a summoner! - minions die everywhere ur squishy as hell - extremly gear dependent! - i tried a summoner for the first time and i liked its complexity! others dont need as much effort to success and a lot of other builds are more powerfull then summoners!

thats why i am so interestet in the changes! but i think (HOPEFULLY I AM WRONG) it will be worse... so its sad for all the summoners out there!
"
Spoiler

4 zombie for AOE

Single target

AoE

It's pretty clear:

I just want to add the fact that added fire is not the best dmg multiplier as both melee phys dmg as well as multistrike and i believe even Empower will do more. As well as AoE is not really required as Evangelists handles that and/or big zombies and/or just pop flesh offering and they ll kill most the things fast anyways. However your statement is 100% correct on the rest of the post. We could handle both 77,78 maps and regular Atziri without snapshotting, but it will be extremely, let me repeat that, extremely hard. And to even dare dream about Uber will be killing you whilst you sleep.
I only ever use snapshotting on my redbeaks to give me more DPS for RF. With this fix coming in won't it kind of make Koams Heart redundant being as it seems only people who use RF use the armour? Not being able to snapshot the redbeaks is going to seriously nerf my DPS. It's a shame but i'm more pissed off with working my arse off to get the items i needed ie a Kaoms and now they will drop in price big style. It may not be a good idea to use RF at all anymore with this nerf so will i like many get given a free reset on the passive tree to try and make another build? I'm not starting all over again as i don't get on as much as i'd like to with work commitments.
"
Robroy580 wrote:
I only ever use snapshotting on my redbeaks to give me more DPS for RF. With this fix coming in won't it kind of make Koams Heart redundant being as it seems only people who use RF use the armour? Not being able to snapshot the redbeaks is going to seriously nerf my DPS. It's a shame but i'm more pissed off with working my arse off to get the items i needed ie a Kaoms and now they will drop in price big style. It may not be a good idea to use RF at all anymore with this nerf so will i like many get given a free reset on the passive tree to try and make another build? I'm not starting all over again as i don't get on as much as i'd like to with work commitments.

+1 from me, complete respec availability for the people whos builds will be destroyed even if its based on a glitch or bug. But as this thread states in the start: "Its within game policy to snapshot" so why would we not be given full respecs now that some builds will be utterly destroyed (refering to RF mainly, it ll still be working with ES but HP builds will be severly destroyed).
"
Malone wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

No buffs are necessary. Summoner is really powerfull without snapshot already.
IF they really want to do something, they just have to buff some summoner uniques to make them really usefull without snapshot.

so all the summoner gear will be rly expensive for a lot of summoners and cant affoard it for a long time! yes summoners are strong! but summoners will get (probably) much weaker - and to the point of endgame, there are many other builds who are faster and saver to play then summoners! - other build are also much easier and boring to play then summoners!

with my ST char i have a much better clearspeed and less problems then a summoner! - and my m8 who is a summoner has a better equip then me! (testet a summoner by myself and u will run in a lot of trouble only from lvling! yes i lvled a summoner) ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info