Arc

"
Josephoenix wrote:

The base duration of shock is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of lightning damage relative to the target's maximum life.

This is why shock is very sub-par. I don't need to shock lesser weak enemies, they die from my initial damage very fast and easy. I want to shock those dangerous enemies - Rares, Map bosses, enemies that have tons of HP, I want to shock them for extra dmg to deal with their large hp pool, and I can't because shock appears on them for fraction of a second, because they have so much hp that shock time on them is very low.

Backwards mechanics, helps kill enemies that are easy to kill anyway, doesn't help to kill enemies that are hard to kill.
Last edited by Kadajko on Jul 21, 2013, 4:31:31 PM
When you Crit with five Sparks (LMP), your hits are as follows:
First hit: regular damage
Second hit: 40% more damage
Third hit: 80% more damage
Fourth and fifth: 120% more damage
On top of the fact they're all Crits, too.

The Shock from the +120% damage Sparks will also last long enough to carry over to the next volley of Sparks.

Shock is overpowered. It doesn't have to last long because you can hit half a dozen times in one cast. With Arc, just add Elemental Proliferation. One crit, thee Shocks on everything. The scrubby monsters will Proliferate a five second Shock to everything, including Rares, as long as you don't blow up their corpses.

Also, get Thunderfists for 100% Shock Duration, and the Static Blows cluster for I think 45% or 60% Duration.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 21, 2013, 4:56:26 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
When you Crit with five Sparks (LMP), your hits are as follows:
First hit: regular damage
Second hit: 40% more damage
Third hit: 80% more damage
Fourth and fifth: 120% more damage
On top of the fact they're all Crits, too.

The Shock from the +120% damage Sparks will also last long enough to carry over to the next volley of Sparks.

Shock is overpowered.

That's spark that is overpowered not shock..

Not a single other lightning spell can do that.
And that is why I edit my posts half a dozen times. :)
EDIT (... damnit): Proliferation also works for Warp and Nova, for that matter.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 21, 2013, 5:00:00 PM

I'm playing now Arc with 2 curses (elemental weakness and conductivity).
It's amazing.

I'm using this totems 2 times : arc, faster casting and lightning penetration.

I'm around -120% electical resistance and it changes things a lot.
Last edited by manaa3 on Jul 26, 2013, 6:43:28 PM
"
manaa3 wrote:

I'm playing now Arc with 2 curses (elemental weakness and conductivity).
It's amazing.

I'm using this totems 2 times : arc, faster casting and lightning penetration.

I'm around -120% electical resistance and it changes things a lot.

Its still terrible at high level play. Why do mediocre damage on 3 targets with a huge variance between upper and lower quartiles in damage when Spark clears a whole screen. Big disparity even if Spark is a little over the top.

Arc needs to lose its damage penalty completely in addition to being able to chain more times. It should go up to five chains at least. Also the Chain gem is counter-intuitive to its design because it offers less damage output than Arc without it.

I mean..you lose half your damage and THEN you lose your shock duration as a result. Maybe let it Chain to you and let targets hit by subsequent chains take more damage from Arc. That would give me reason to pick up Chain for Arc. Sustained damage seems nice and it would be a helluva bossing skill.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 27, 2013, 1:46:44 PM
i would love to make a build around arc, but when i saw what chain does to the dps on my wander, i was sure i will not do any arc build with chain as it totally kills your dps and by that your shocks/shockduration. I am so bored of Sparks and was hoping there would be something else. But Arc without chain just hits 3 targets which by far is not enough. Yaya, with Chain its 5, but that doesnt help me if the dmg geht super shit. :(
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
The problem is mostly single target damage. It would be nice if against one target (like bosses) arc will chain back to caster/totem (without dealing him dmg of course) and once again to monster. It still will be 3 chains when mob receive only 2. So multi target dps will stay the same but single target will actually be doubled.
"
Mizuiro wrote:
The problem is mostly single target damage. It would be nice if against one target (like bosses) arc will chain back to caster/totem (without dealing him dmg of course) and once again to monster. It still will be 3 chains when mob receive only 2. So multi target dps will stay the same but single target will actually be doubled.

Make arc work like multistrike - new targets are selected for subsequent chains if available.
If not the first target is hit by all the chains, like a single target is hit by all hits of multistrike if there are no other targets nearby, without the need for arc to bounce to a totem, or the player, or whatever.
"
Lyralei wrote:
Its still terrible at high level play. Why do mediocre damage on 3 targets with a huge variance between upper and lower quartiles in damage when Spark clears a whole screen. Big disparity even if Spark is a little over the top.

You are right. I'm lvl70 now and Arc need some buff.
When i'm using righteous fire it's ok while another spell become amazing.

From the wiki :
Arc lvl 20 : 23-434dmge (m : 227), Damage effectiveness 50%, crit.strike 4%
0%Q : 10% chance to shock
20%Q : 20% chance to shock

Fireball lvl20 : 297-446dmge (m : 377), Damage effectiveness 100%,, crit.strike 6%
0%Q : nothing
20%Q : 30% chance to ignite
Last edited by manaa3 on Jul 29, 2013, 11:32:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info