Arc

Last edited by manaa3 on Jul 29, 2013, 11:33:33 AM
edit double post
I use Arc (+Chain+Ele Proliferation) with my Witch only to shock Enemies, even replaced an Level 17 Arc with an new quality one (more % chance to shock). because the chance to shock does not change with higer Arc Levels, this seems to be a nice trade. my Minions do the actual damage, I also support them with Conductivity.

However, for pure dmg build, Arc seems not to be the best solution, at least not as main attack skill. Single target dmg may be to low and for Multi Target you usualy use chain and other support Skills which lowers the dmg even more.
I don't understand, why all try support arc with chain. It not give any benefits. Much better faster casting, Lighting penetration, Increase Critical Strike, and Culling strike/Crit Damage. Now i use arc with faster casting, lig penetration, spell totem, Increased Critical Damage.
My passve tree

1600 dps per totem. If i use spork (spark + faster casting + Lightning Penetration + spell totem + fork), 900 dps per totem. I did not see much difference between arc and spork. How much dps you have, as you say arc is weak ?
IGN: Aqur
I use chain to hit more enemies, that's basicly all. If I would have more sockets left, I also would use lesser multiple projectiles. Again, I don't do damage with Arc, I just want to hit the mobs and initiate shock stackings.

For an "real" DPS Arc build, I'm sure there are more efficient skill combinations, no doubt.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Jul 30, 2013, 10:00:33 AM
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
If I would have more sockets left, I also would use lesser multiple projectiles.

The Support gem explicitly mentions "Projectiles", of which Arc has none :)
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
Again, I don't do damage with Arc, I just want to hit the mobs and initiate shock stackings.

Note that Shocking is easier when you actually deal damage. The duration is based on Damage dealt, after all. Still, if it's working, then that's cool. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 30, 2013, 1:34:11 PM
"

1600 dps per totem.

That is very minuscule dps.
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
1600 dps per totem.

DPS means nothing anyways. Spork Totems and Cyclone often have terribly little DPS but clear maps just fine.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 30, 2013, 4:57:25 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
1600 dps per totem.

DPS means nothing anyways. Spork Totems and Cyclone often have terribly little DPS but clear maps just fine.

Yes the clear time is also horrible.
I know because I have one character that is built around arc skill, and I decided to freeze that char until a patch that will make arc better.

shock not calculated in dps, but mostly every hit it shocked, and damage multiplicative increased.
IGN: Aqur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info