Arc

"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Fantoster wrote:

Looks for advice with gems linked with Arc for max dmg.

Added lightning damage
Lightning penetration
Culling strike
Faster casting

why culling strike? 10% or less enemy life, not make any change.
IGN: Aqur
"

why culling strike? 10% or less enemy life, not make any change.

Culling strike increases arc dmg by %.
"
Kadajko wrote:

A whopping 22% Increased Damage, stacking additively with the hundreds of Increased Spell/Lightning/Elemental Damage you have. Faaantastic.
You should use Culling for the, well, Culling -- not the smidge of Increased Damage.

Elemental Proliferation and Crits will get you further.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:

A whopping 22% Increased Damage, stacking additively with the hundreds of Increased Spell/Lightning/Elemental Damage you have. Faaantastic.
You should use Culling for the, well, Culling -- not the smidge of Increased Damage.

Elemental Proliferation and Crits will get you further.

So crit better? Chance or inc dmg crit? Wich gem? And other combo fine?
Hey guys, I just thought of an idea, that might make Arc better.

What if the skill was patched to work like multi-strike?
By that I mean Arc would try to bounce to new targets if possible, but if only one target was present, that one target would get hit by all chains ( Like a quick tripple shot ). So if you hit a single boss with arc, that boss would get hit 3 times per cast, 5 times if you link it with chain.

This would make the skill never waste it's damage potential, if there is only a single enemy you are fighting.

I believe the shock stack limit is still 1 per cast, so you wouldn't be able to max shock stacks on a target with a single cast.

This again would make arc effective with chain, as player would only lose 25% dmg effectivness, for extra bounces, but would never waste the dmg otherwise, since all the bounces would count regardless of enemy count.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Kadajko on Jul 20, 2013, 9:30:47 PM
"
Kadajko wrote:
I believe the shock stack limit is still 1 per cast, so you wouldn't be able to max shock stacks on a target with a single cast.

Shock was never limited to one-per-cast. Every Critical Hit will (attempt to) apply Shock, and every regular hit rolls for Chance to Shock.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 20, 2013, 10:16:49 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:

Shock was never limited to one-per-cast. Every Critical Hit will (attempt to) apply Shock, and every regular hit rolls for Chance to Shock.

So lightning arc can apply a triple shock stack on a target in a single cast if it is linked to chain and bounces between 2 enemies? And if you point blank crit with spark you also apply max stacks on the target you hit in a single cast?
Last edited by Kadajko on Jul 20, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
Yup. Shock is overpowered.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

No it's not. It appears for a fraction of a second on all the targets worth shocking.
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

No it's not. It appears for a fraction of a second on all the targets worth shocking.

Yes it is.

The length of the shock(s) depends on the amount of damage that you do. Higher the damage, longer the shock... and you don't need it to last too long anyways, before whatever you're targeting is dead :)

from the wiki:

The base duration of shock is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of lightning damage relative to the target's maximum life.

Let N be the lightning damage dealt and L be the target's effective maximum life. The shock duration D in milliseconds is then given by:

If N > L ÷ 3, then N = L ÷ 3
D = N ÷ ( L ÷ 100 ) × 276ms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info