Smoke Mine

Now shares a cooldown with other Blink skills.

Now it's a yet another "flamedash"
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 7, 2019, 9:34:55 AM
Please disable Skitterbots from re-arming Smoke Mine. It's not helpful at all to randomly get teleported to an old mine.
"
Lothrik wrote:
Please disable Skitterbots from re-arming Smoke Mine. It's not helpful at all to randomly get teleported to an old mine.

that and same thing with tremor rod, disable to not be affected by tremor rod, because if not its like playing flicker strike
Smoke Mine & Detonation Sequence.

It feels pretty bad to rely on smoke mine for mobility/escape if Smoke Mine is at the end of the detonation sequence.

Is there any way for Smoke Mines to always detonate at the front of a queue?

I've been specifically testing this for about the last 20mins and so far it doesn't seem to be reliable. Sometimes it will detonate instantly, other times it will be at the back of ~20 icicle mine queue.

I'd really like to replace Flash Dash with Smoke Mine but if I can't rely on it to evade telegraphed damage then I can't really use it at all :(
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Curtain Call and Smoke Mine

I think a change should be made to Smoke Mine which allows a maximum of 1 mine to be thrown at once.

Reasons for this:

-Using two charges of smoke mine at once can be an inconvenience. It feels like the flow of movement is disrupted due to lack of charges. If the build also uses another Blink Skill, such as flame dash, both skills are disrupted.
-The first smoke mine is detonated for regular use of the skill. The second smoke mine remains. The player moves further into the map, and in a later detonation sequence, they get jerked far backwards to the previously undetonated smoke mine. This feels clunky and almost like an overlooked mechanic/interaction.

Smoke Mine already received some changes to fix interactions with Skitterbots and Tremor Rod. I think another change to fix the interaction with Curtain Call would be good.
Why my Skitterbots cant detonate my Smoke Mines ?
hi, i can also tell its a pain to use smoke mine while wearing a curtain call, with the helm equiped smoke mine is sadly not usable... hope there will be some rework very soon, cheers and a happy new year
I would like to propose a smoke mine rework:

Teleports you to where this mine is thrown. It covers both your escape and arrival with a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies. Shares a cooldown with other other blink skills.

Mine lasts 8 seconds
Cannot throw this mine while there is an undetonated smoke mine in the map
Mine detonation is instant
Grants Phasing after detonation if mine is detonated after (1-0.4) seconds of being undetonated while thrown
Smoke cloud lasts 1 second
Smoke cloud duration and radius increases when detonated proportional to time spent undetonated

Cooldown: 5s
Can store 3 uses
cast time: 0.25s
Transfigured Smoke Mine idea: "Smoke Mine of the Conspiracy."

Difference from regular Smoke Mine: Shorter smoke cloud duration, and longer mine duration, preferably scaling the mine duration with Skill Effect Duration instead of the smoke cloud duration, and Skill Effect Duration from quality too.

General usage: I'd place a trail of them along a long path that I want to traverse very quickly.

Specific usage examples:

* Maps like Maze with dead ends for backtracking - leave your breadcrumb when you go into a room like in the Greek myth, and teleport back to it when you hit a dead end. The regular version would expire too soon for many longer dead ends
* Maven memory game - it's only useful as far as you can throw it, so it doesn't completely trivialize the mechanic, and it's risky, because if you mess up one detonation, you log or you die
* In Heist, in a contract, when alert is almost maxed, and an unopened reward chest is far from the target, make a trail connecting the two, as well as a few small boxes, so you can negate most of the travel time, potentially allowing you to open another small box before the lockdown timer ends (if you play skillfully)
* Maps like Silo, and mechanics like Abyss, for backtracking to loot - I don't need them to last the whole map, but I'd drop them as I run through stuff with Plague Bearer on and then smoke back to loot, especially near the end of the map

My build, for your reference, as requested in OP; Ashes on Smoke Mine feels great:

Mapping setup:
https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/volaticus/ImASneakyFox?timemachine=week-5

Bossing setup (flexible flasks):
https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/volaticus/ImASneakyFox?timemachine=week-6

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info