Smoke Mine

thanks GGG for making this skill useless now.
Without minion warping, I no longer have a use for this skill...
1.1.2 the cancelling of minion teleporting is so stupid without a problem solve of those dump ass minions' moving. they just keep walking behind those goddamned walls and fight nothing now.
A complex (ly simple) solution would be to teleport minions by same los rule as player but in relation of themselves and the mine.
It may be an idea to go into a little bit of depth when you change a skill with an explanation of what was broken and how the planned adjustment would correct it rather the just announcing the "fix" when it seems we didn't even know it was broken.

Would love to see the numbers on players using before patch vs now.
Gotta love dying to minions carelessly wandering away from the enemy during encounters, thanks for making it worse!
I use this skill against bosses alot, mainly to survive without getting hit much. I dont use it as an escape, theres better ones like whirling blades. But the blind debuff will help you stay in the game longer
"
GrimoireFang wrote:
I use this skill against bosses alot, mainly to survive without getting hit much. I dont use it as an escape, theres better ones like whirling blades. But the blind debuff will help you stay in the game longer

I think it makes a better escape than people like to make it out to be.
Also, like you said,

Even though this skill was nerfed towards summoners it is still a really strong tool against bosses and hard hitting mobs in general, at least for those who don't want to waste a support link on blind and/or don't use BOR.

Give it a rest whiny summoners. I played Necro before I even knew that smoke mine could be exploited to command your minions and I did just fine. If the Ai was so horrible then I would have just stopped. It's as if people want their minions to be more beefy and immortal than fully equipped end-game strength tanks, more artificially intelligent than int casters, AND more maneuverable and mobile than dex painers......

Rant aside;
Smoke Mine remains highly useful as a defensive gem in many situations.
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
GrimoireFang wrote:

I think it makes a better escape than people like to make it out to be.
Also, like you said,

Even though this skill was nerfed towards summoners it is still a really strong tool against bosses and hard hitting mobs in general, at least for those who don't want to waste a support link on blind and/or don't use BOR.

Give it a rest whiny summoners. I played Necro before I even knew that smoke mine could be exploited to command your minions and I did just fine. If the Ai was so horrible then I would have just stopped. It's as if people want their minions to be more beefy and immortal than fully equipped end-game strength tanks, more artificially intelligent than int casters, AND more maneuverable and mobile than dex painers......

Rant aside;
Smoke Mine remains highly useful as a defensive gem in many situations.

cut your aggressive attitude

and about your points:

smoke mine is highly unreliable due to LOS requirement. this and desync makes you 'click' and.. stay in the same position A LOT. ofc this does not apply to some maps, but maps with pillars, floor rubbish etc are affected

second - minions do just fine without a mine, but play a dominating blow character without smoke mine and see why some are really pissed. commanding 50 (or 70+) minion horde with HORRID pathing makes for a great experience, not.

my summoner couldnt care about smoke mine (however i used it) but my dominating blow character just lost a fair bit of effectiveness just because now there is no way around horrid pathing..
"
Just started experimenting with this. A LOT of fun as a sniper, but I came here to see if the Line of Sight 'failure to teleport' business is an issue. Clearly it is, but with no dev response. I'll pursue this, because I think it's important. The fact that you need to maintain LoS with your 'home' mine really reduces its usefulness as an escape tool.
I agree and argued as such, but unfortunately it's simply far to abusable if it can break LoS, while still being decently usable for the intended purpose with the restriction in place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info