[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

Which version should I go for assuming I have a Mageblood and 40 divines? I got super lucky yesterday on Xbox and dropped a corrupted 4 flask MB in a T16. This build seems like a lot of fun to reroll to. Prices are pretty expensive on console so not sure which version to focus on with my budget + first ever Mageblood.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I also just had a Ralakesh drop if that helps.
Last edited by TiltedSpade on Apr 8, 2024, 10:36:41 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Bijuboi wrote:
Heya, so I wanna blast this build in GSF with like 10-15 people and push it very far would the archmage or cold conversion version be better to make as a fun end game project until I somehow get the steel gloves?

Hey!! For GSF - I mean, Ralakesh is going to be rare as hell (and contested) so I don't think you can really count on using last league's template for GSF.

I think Archmage is easier to get started in GSF to a point when you can farm for decent cold convert items (Clusters, Hrimsorrow, Heatshiver) and swap over.

Building Archmage isn't that simple, though. For example, a lot of people are automating Arcane Cloak which makes life breezy but really makes you lose control how much damage you can take, while not lining up with your burst windows.

I would also just farm as Arma Brand recaller till 80. Seriously, this build sucks donkey kong until you have the right spread of nodes and masteries.

LEVEL BRAND RECALL ASAP THOUGH. BRAND RECALL IS INTEGRAL TO THE BUILD.
And call dibs on an Enhance.

I do have some of the stuff already like heatshiver enhance 3 and what not, but yeah no ralakesh still. I looked at SSF blade blasts and most saboteurs were some sort of cold/hybrid conversion with 0 uniques so I was wondering if thats the correct play with it!
"
DCnB wrote:

Hej !

Wow thank you for the time!
i considered energy leech, im but the loss in pob was too heartbreakin, but damage is really good so maybe i will switch to it after i made the changes you have written above!.

do you think its an good option for sustain? ivory tower and leech ?

So that was the last question, because you have more important things to do :).
much appreciated!
Cheers

Hej! Hehe :D no worries!

Energy shield leech is about "half" as effective as regular life leech, because GGG probably wanted people to invest passives before ES leech felt as good as life leech.

A huge consequence of you reserving more than 50% of your life is that you lose one of Petrified Blood's biggest bonuses - it gives "overleech", meaning even after your target has died, your health pool continues to have life flowing into it. So if you take another hit, that leech fills it right back up.

With this Ivory Tower route your HP won't have this overleech, plus you have very little life, and you really need your ES to cover for it. I'd say if you don't at least put in the ES leech gem, you're going to burn or get poisoned to death real quick, or run out of mana and then be unable to fight back.

So while I don't think Ivory Tower is great for sustain, it's at least serviceable and actually mandatory.

I'd still highly recommend just dropping the 50% aura and using something like Vitality or Defiance Banner so you reserve less than 50% of your life, this will make you MUCH hardier as you can absorb a number of small hits, and have your HP bounce back from a combination of Recoup, Life Leech and Vitality all "pouring" life back into your precious little globe.

No matter what - get Perandus Pact and upgrade that jewellery! Haha!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
TiltedSpade wrote:
Which version should I go for assuming I have a Mageblood and 40 divines? I got super lucky yesterday on Xbox and dropped a corrupted 4 flask MB in a T16. This build seems like a lot of fun to reroll to. Prices are pretty expensive on console so not sure which version to focus on with my budget + first ever Mageblood.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I also just had a Ralakesh drop if that helps.

What the? Are you the wealthiest Xbox player right now in that case? Fucking congrats man!!

This is a GREAT build for console as you don't really have to aim, if I dare say so myself.

I think you should really look at Ben's variant though. (see first page) I built last league's Power Charge stacking versions around the fact that they were laughably cheap, and it would have been bad faith to NOT let people have that speed and power for like, 2 div.

But it did mean a lot of people croaked to a stiff breeze. I'm not sure you can really make use of the Badge of the Brotherhood speed on a stick rather than KBM either.

40 divines will build you a very tanky phys version of it with a somewhat lower DPS ceiling, but you will be able to crush all content and push the build further.

If you really do want to make use of Ralakesh - do the cold convert version. Freezing is an immense safety layer and the high DPS ceiling makes it worth it. Just run defensive ascendancies and drop some crit nodes for CRIT REDUCING NODES (and definitely determination + crit reduction) this league.
"
Bijuboi wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Bijuboi wrote:
Heya, so I wanna blast this build in GSF with like 10-15 people and push it very far would the archmage or cold conversion version be better to make as a fun end game project until I somehow get the steel gloves?

Hey!! For GSF - I mean, Ralakesh is going to be rare as hell (and contested) so I don't think you can really count on using last league's template for GSF.

I think Archmage is easier to get started in GSF to a point when you can farm for decent cold convert items (Clusters, Hrimsorrow, Heatshiver) and swap over.

Building Archmage isn't that simple, though. For example, a lot of people are automating Arcane Cloak which makes life breezy but really makes you lose control how much damage you can take, while not lining up with your burst windows.

I would also just farm as Arma Brand recaller till 80. Seriously, this build sucks donkey kong until you have the right spread of nodes and masteries.

LEVEL BRAND RECALL ASAP THOUGH. BRAND RECALL IS INTEGRAL TO THE BUILD.
And call dibs on an Enhance.

I do have some of the stuff already like heatshiver enhance 3 and what not, but yeah no ralakesh still. I looked at SSF blade blasts and most saboteurs were some sort of cold/hybrid conversion with 0 uniques so I was wondering if thats the correct play with it!

Cold conversion works just great because BBoU scales excellently with just gem levels and the base mechanics! It's also hugeeeeely buffed for Single Target (my DPS calc below will explain why) So just do the usual defenses (5k life, suppression, crit avoidance, overcapped res) and see where to push it from there.
GUYS! THE DPS CALCULATOR IS AT LAST HERE!

Good news - looks like our single target is actually way more busted than we thought, especially with Automation-Recall targetting being more precise than leftclick-Recall targetting. Our brands are constantly on the boss and this allows us to get stacks even when Recall is on CD FAST.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bMDbaIPas-ER6-Nv2n6RUU0pCzodxDb-QNA6TY6fnEM/edit?usp=sharing

Make a copy and explore! Hopefully this also answers how big Runebinder is for damage -- looks around 30% for just 2/3 points!

Gotcha! I will try report back on it, maybe craft some nice sceptre/wand for it first with graveyard thanks a lot!
"
DCnB wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
DCnB wrote:
Hej Guys.

So in my limited Playtime i finished the Atlas and working on Uberelder.
My Knowledge is old so im not familiar with all the new possibilities in POE so i wanted to ask if im on the right track.

since i have no chaos res, i got an ivory tower and in my head i made a workaround because i dont have enlghtend4 right now.

it would burn my whole bank so im hesitant regarding enligtend 4 purchase.

TLDR ist my char on the right track? :D

Im really having fun. so thank you again fpr the effort. its fun to be "in the process" not having the 100% optimal track to follow.
Cheers

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it and enjoying the building it up too! That's why I love running these threads, you see some variations here and there and it opens up new variants of the build over time.

OFFENSE:

With just a little 1 div you can make these changes that will dramatically increase your damage:

1) Unspec Dreamer and the 4 points leading up to it = 5 points free

2) 2 points into the jewel socket north of Witch.

3) Perandus Pact, lightning version. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/00ngY2bIg

4) With the remaining 3 points spec into Arcane Will

5) Bam! Like 21% more damage.

6) Overwrite your anoint from Mind Drinker to Dreamer - really cheap but you need that -% cost. (see below, Amulet needs work)

P.S. A Conductivity on Hit ring will feel AMAZING.

DEFENSE:

1) Ivory Tower makes an interesting build path, yes, and does solve the Enlighten 4 requirement somewhat since it makes use of reserved life.. However your flask ES leech may not be enough to keep this meaningfully topped off. Observe whether your ES is always empty while mapping - if it's fine, then you're good. If it's not, it may be worth considering slotting in Energy Leech, although it'll lose you some damage.

2) Your belts, boots, ring and especially amulet need upgrades. Reserving that much life is already super dangerous. You need to get those values up as high as possible -- Amulet with T1 or high T2 mana AND life rolls, maybe 20% increased energy shield, etc.

3) Dropping the 25% crit multi against Uniques to 30% less critical damage taken will go a VERY long way this league. Just like last league.

I think these are quick fixes that will make your build much smoother to play atm. I would also save up for a decently rolled Crown with Lightning Leech so you can free up the Valako's slot - again to get in more life, mana, and resists.

Hej !

Wow thank you for the time!
i considered energy leech, im but the loss in pob was too heartbreakin, but damage is really good so maybe i will switch to it after i made the changes you have written above!.

do you think its an good option for sustain? ivory tower and leech ?

So that was the last question, because you have more important things to do :).
much appreciated!
Cheers

Hey DC, be sure to read my reply above but it did also occur to me that you could trash the 50% aura and run Discipline intead, leaning into your ES stacking.

Then, crucially, get a Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit with Discipline. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/8yGWGuV

That should feel a lot more comfy. Try to get under 50% life reserved so you get overleech as well.
Guys, I've found a massive band-aid for this build (and all your crit builds).

It costs: 1 Jewel socket, 1 skill gem socket.. but the payoff is huge this league.

These are selling for literally 20-60c right now. You don't have to actually enfeeble anything. Just cast the spell.

This is insane value for 100% crit ignore.

(Runner up: Mistwalker FF I guess, but more expensive.)
Can I do t17 maps with this build, especially with the archmage version? I'm not talking about boss killing, just map running. Thank for the build btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info