[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
primaeva wrote:
"
rossmat707 wrote:
any advice on what my priorities should be currently? i'm getting popped almost instantly by large packs and my boss damage is pretty meh. I'm thinking I should try switching over to the cold convert version.

Heya! Got a PoB you can share?

https://pobb.in/WfI0ipedt3f3

I was able to snag this so that should help a bit :D
Last edited by rossmat707 on Apr 7, 2024, 7:55:32 PM
How do you recommend becoming unaffected by stuns? Getting tired of casting get interrupted.

UPDATE: I got up to 70% stun avoidance with abyssal jewels. Feels a million times better.
Last edited by crstar on Apr 7, 2024, 9:22:30 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:
Just hit the early 80's and want to transition to BBoU but I don't like feeling squishy. Thinking of moving into the Impale version of the build, seems like it can be tankier at lower investment and still has a high ceiling with MB/Melding/PC - do I have that right?

Or put differently - what are the advantages of something like Archmage over Impale?

EDIT: My budget is around 5 div

Hey! Yeah. Impale version just needs your glove slot and 100% crit chance to pop off. That's why Ben is using it - it's freed him up to use specific rares, spell suppression gear, a +2 Lightning Coil (which is really affordable), etc.

The ceiling, indeed is high ENOUGH, simply because the mechanics amplify the base spell so well, phys spells scale REALLY well and you don't have to deal with ele resist shenanigans in this new league. Then you tack on Adorned to it, which this build is great for since, again, the base combo is so strong and stat-agnostic that you can spam points for jewel sockets.

Ben's built an absolute tank with 90 all res / supp capp / blind + 15% less damage dealt / % to avoid area damage char that is mobile and fast thanks to the mechanics. His DPS caps at around 10mill with mageblood, which is more than enough for all content ever if you have clean mechanics.

Archmage is sort of an experimental variation I -had- to try this league, to see if it had a higher ceiling than PC stacking when PC stacking invariably gets deleted.

It comes to like 70% of PC stacking damage, but feels two to three times "tankier". This is artificial tankiness, it just combines a bigger HP pool (Life + MoM + ES) with more sources of recovery (Life overleech, Recoup, mana regen + recoup). Which is why crits and one-shots are still very much on the menu especially if you play the build by walking up to mobs and casting rather than casting and walking into mobs.

So yup, with Ben's flavour, you cap at 10-12m but are going to have a VERY good time mapping. (This is with MB mind you).

Archmage - without MB 30 million is possible with a bit of a nice damage buffer, but little mitigation.

Cold Convert PC stacking - without MB, I think I easily pushed it to 60-70m last league, but I basically had to murder everything before they touched me.. Which is easy to do with the build, since you can almost offscreen monsters and whatever survives the first BBoU is frozen solid anyway. I killed Ubers by simply burning 1 portal on invincibility phases, but would otherwise be able to push them to the next phase in 3-4 BBoUs.

I'll organize this info in a chart somewhere now that we have like, 5 variants of the build.

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Hej Guys.

So in my limited Playtime i finished the Atlas and working on Uberelder.
My Knowledge is old so im not familiar with all the new possibilities in POE so i wanted to ask if im on the right track.

since i have no chaos res, i got an ivory tower and in my head i made a workaround because i dont have enlghtend4 right now.

it would burn my whole bank so im hesitant regarding enligtend 4 purchase.

TLDR ist my char on the right track? :D

Im really having fun. so thank you again fpr the effort. its fun to be "in the process" not having the 100% optimal track to follow.
Cheers
Last edited by DCnB on Apr 8, 2024, 6:04:25 AM
Heya, so I wanna blast this build in GSF with like 10-15 people and push it very far would the archmage or cold conversion version be better to make as a fun end game project until I somehow get the steel gloves?
Played your build either last league or prior dont remember, but it was an absolute blast 100% ton of fun to put together, and just found the forum post glad to know u are still vibing with this! Appreciate the work cheers man have a good one
"
DCnB wrote:
Hej Guys.

My Knowledge is old so im not familiar with all the new possibilities in POE so i wanted to ask if im on the right track.

since i have no chaos res, i got an ivory tower and in my head i made a workaround because i dont have enlghtend4 right now.

Im really having fun. so thank you again fpr the effort. its fun to be "in the process" not having the 100% optimal track to follow.
Cheers

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it and enjoying the building it up too! That's why I love running these threads, you see some variations here and there and it opens up new variants of the build over time.

OFFENSE:

With just a little 1 div you can make these changes that will dramatically increase your damage:

1) Unspec Dreamer and the 4 points leading up to it = 5 points free

2) 2 points into the jewel socket north of Witch.

3) Perandus Pact, lightning version. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/00ngY2bIg

4) With the remaining 3 points spec into Arcane Will

5) Bam! Like 21% more damage.

6) Overwrite your anoint from Mind Drinker to Dreamer - really cheap but you need that -% cost. (see below, Amulet needs work)

P.S. A Conductivity on Hit ring will feel AMAZING.

DEFENSE:

1) Ivory Tower makes an interesting build path, yes, and does solve the Enlighten 4 requirement somewhat since it makes use of reserved life.. However your flask ES leech may not be enough to keep this meaningfully topped off. Observe whether your ES is always empty while mapping - if it's fine, then you're good. If it's not, it may be worth considering slotting in Energy Leech, although it'll lose you some damage.

2) Your belts, boots, ring and especially amulet need upgrades. Reserving that much life is already super dangerous. You need to get those values up as high as possible -- Amulet with T1 or high T2 mana AND life rolls, maybe 20% increased energy shield, etc.

3) Dropping the 25% crit multi against Uniques to 30% less critical damage taken will go a VERY long way this league. Just like last league.

I think these are quick fixes that will make your build much smoother to play atm. I would also save up for a decently rolled Crown with Lightning Leech so you can free up the Valako's slot - again to get in more life, mana, and resists.

Last edited by primaeva on Apr 8, 2024, 9:05:25 AM
"
Bijuboi wrote:
Heya, so I wanna blast this build in GSF with like 10-15 people and push it very far would the archmage or cold conversion version be better to make as a fun end game project until I somehow get the steel gloves?

Hey!! For GSF - I mean, Ralakesh is going to be rare as hell (and contested) so I don't think you can really count on using last league's template for GSF.

I think Archmage is easier to get started in GSF to a point when you can farm for decent cold convert items (Clusters, Hrimsorrow, Heatshiver) and swap over.

Building Archmage isn't that simple, though. For example, a lot of people are automating Arcane Cloak which makes life breezy but really makes you lose control how much damage you can take, while not lining up with your burst windows.

I would also just farm as Arma Brand recaller till 80. Seriously, this build sucks donkey kong until you have the right spread of nodes and masteries.

LEVEL BRAND RECALL ASAP THOUGH. BRAND RECALL IS INTEGRAL TO THE BUILD.
And call dibs on an Enhance.
"
Naxy98 wrote:
Played your build either last league or prior dont remember, but it was an absolute blast 100% ton of fun to put together, and just found the forum post glad to know u are still vibing with this! Appreciate the work cheers man have a good one

Aha! Sweet! Thank you for sharing with us :)) (Man did you know Ben is making the build a HC monster? He's just beating T17 and Ubers in with the phys version, haha.)

Glad you enjoyed it - and hope you are enjoying Necropolis!!
"
primaeva wrote:
"
DCnB wrote:
Hej Guys.

Cheers

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it and enjoying the building it up too! That's why I love running these threads, you see some variations here and there and it opens up new variants of the build over time.

OFFENSE:

With just a little 1 div you can make these changes that will dramatically increase your damage:

1) Unspec Dreamer and the 4 points leading up to it = 5 points free

2) 2 points into the jewel socket north of Witch.

3) Perandus Pact, lightning version. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/00ngY2bIg

4) With the remaining 3 points spec into Arcane Will

5) Bam! Like 21% more damage.

6) Overwrite your anoint from Mind Drinker to Dreamer - really cheap but you need that -% cost. (see below, Amulet needs work)

P.S. A Conductivity on Hit ring will feel AMAZING.

DEFENSE:

1) Ivory Tower makes an interesting build path, yes, and does solve the Enlighten 4 requirement somewhat since it makes use of reserved life.. However your flask ES leech may not be enough to keep this meaningfully topped off. Observe whether your ES is always empty while mapping - if it's fine, then you're good. If it's not, it may be worth considering slotting in Energy Leech, although it'll lose you some damage.

2) Your belts, boots, ring and especially amulet need upgrades. Reserving that much life is already super dangerous. You need to get those values up as high as possible -- Amulet with T1 or high T2 mana AND life rolls, maybe 20% increased energy shield, etc.

3) Dropping the 25% crit multi against Uniques to 30% less critical damage taken will go a VERY long way this league. Just like last league.

I think these are quick fixes that will make your build much smoother to play atm. I would also save up for a decently rolled Crown with Lightning Leech so you can free up the Valako's slot - again to get in more life, mana, and resists.

Hej !

Wow thank you for the time!
i considered energy leech, im but the loss in pob was too heartbreakin, but damage is really good so maybe i will switch to it after i made the changes you have written above!.

do you think its an good option for sustain? ivory tower and leech ?

So that was the last question, because you have more important things to do :).
much appreciated!
Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info