[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
Tegorange wrote:
Hi! First love the build, it has so much potential and super creative. I've been levelling with it and finally have gotten all the sockets and links for the new archmage version of the build. I'm a bit confused how wave of conviction and shield charge fit into the build. Ive been using wave of conviction before unloading and I feel like my brands dissappear way to early because of that. Also, I can't get shield charge to proc for animation cancel nearly as well as if I blink. Am i using these correctly or are they intended to be used differently?

Hey! Great to hear. No worries, we'll walk you through :)

Wave of Conviction exists purely to apply Lightning Exposure early. SUPER early, link it to Hextouch to apply Conductivity as well.

I can't see your character but uh, this build doesn't do well sub-80 simply because of the points being too stretched. With an Increased Duration on your Arcanist Brands, as well as the Brand Equity cluster (that's 32% duration right there), your brands go from the BASE 5 seconds detached to well, almost TEN SECONDS. But if you swapped RIGHT AWAY at 50 or something it'd last all of 5 seconds which REALLY sucks.

Shield Charge - exact same problem. I keep stressing 80 because that's when you can afford to put points into Attack and Cast Speed on the tree or on the gear. the stopgap is a silver flask for 20% of both. This allows your Shield Charge to smoothly override the BBoU animation. Spend some time in your Ho figuring out the timing, and get used to it! It'll serve you well.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667

Crafted a sick wand for this build. Tbh i'm really happy with my damage right now, i'm just looking for ways to boost my survivability cause holy shit phys damage is a weakness on the archmage setup and i'm not sure if its fixable.
"
ReworX wrote:

Crafted a sick wand for this build. Tbh i'm really happy with my damage right now, i'm just looking for ways to boost my survivability cause holy shit phys damage is a weakness on the archmage setup and i'm not sure if its fixable.

Okay, what the fuck. That's the PoB wand everyone has. HOW?? Is the failure rate high?

(And yep. Dropping to determination and a rare helm with phys as elemental (and chest) would go a long way. If you feel the build has enough damage (10m sustained) go for those!)
"
primaeva wrote:
"
ReworX wrote:

Okay, what the fuck. That's the PoB wand everyone has. HOW?? Is the failure rate high?

(And yep. Dropping to determination and a rare helm with phys as elemental (and chest) would go a long way. If you feel the build has enough damage (10m sustained) go for those!)

The fractured affixes are like a 75% chance of getting em. The recipe below, i actually failed the to get t1/t2 mana and got the hybrid instead but it worked out in the end.

Getting a decent mana roll with the spell damage essence is also statistically pretty easy but i got super unlucky and spent like 10 div on Deafening Woes before getting a high enough mana roll that i was happy with
Last edited by ReworX on Apr 5, 2024, 2:21:26 PM
THis was a huge help! Just invested into the branmd duration points and has been super helpful. Just hit 58 so i know its super early for me, but I enjoy growing into buildsand havent had too much trouble as of yet. Thanks for the advice :)
"
primaeva wrote:
"
valarhexile wrote:

Hey prim, i'm misunderstanding the 2)

We need to reserve at least 51% life to go LL, right ? So i could get PB/Wrath on Life, it just means i'll get my unreserved life to go lower ? It doesn't break anything apart from survivability, does it ?

(like, needing Enlighten 4 is only about not going very low unreserved life ?)

Hey! Nope, Petrified Blood by itself helps you make SURE you're ON the LL line.

But if you reserve 50.01% of your life, what happens is you lose overleech totally. This is rather disastrous. Overleech is MASSIVE on most builds and DOUBLY so on MoM builds because now you have two omega regen / recouping pools that make it VERY hard for you to die.

That's why Enlighten 4 is required -- Enlighten 3 wouldn't do it. Enlighten 4 + Reservation Mastery + Prism Guardian puts you RIGHT on the dot where you can overleech, but Petrified Blood automatically keeps you at LL.

Since I'm a long way from Enlighten 4, is it reasonable to do something like throw in Tempest Shield + PB there (to reserve around 48%) and then take the mastery to count 55% as LL?
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
valarhexile wrote:

Hey prim, i'm misunderstanding the 2)

We need to reserve at least 51% life to go LL, right ? So i could get PB/Wrath on Life, it just means i'll get my unreserved life to go lower ? It doesn't break anything apart from survivability, does it ?

(like, needing Enlighten 4 is only about not going very low unreserved life ?)

Hey! Nope, Petrified Blood by itself helps you make SURE you're ON the LL line.

But if you reserve 50.01% of your life, what happens is you lose overleech totally. This is rather disastrous. Overleech is MASSIVE on most builds and DOUBLY so on MoM builds because now you have two omega regen / recouping pools that make it VERY hard for you to die.

That's why Enlighten 4 is required -- Enlighten 3 wouldn't do it. Enlighten 4 + Reservation Mastery + Prism Guardian puts you RIGHT on the dot where you can overleech, but Petrified Blood automatically keeps you at LL.

Since I'm a long way from Enlighten 4, is it reasonable to do something like throw in Tempest Shield + PB there (to reserve around 48%) and then take the mastery to count 55% as LL?

From what i understood after Prim's feedback :

- PB itself will make sure you're always on LL, as you'll spend a bit of life alongside mana cost if you're above LL. So basicly, as long as you cast skills, you'll be at LL.

- You can throw anything with PB in the shield, so long that you do not reserve more than your unreserved life (e.g. having 1700 life unreserved and 1650 life reserved is okay, the opposite is not) - this is to make sure we keep the overleech feature of PB active.

Options to consider : Heralds, Tempest Shield, Arctic Armour (!), Banners etc...

I don't really see the point of taking the 55% LL Threshold mastery, but i could be missing something here.
Last edited by valarhexile on Apr 5, 2024, 5:10:36 PM
"
valarhexile wrote:
- You can throw anything with PB in the shield, so long that you do not reserve more than your unreserved life (e.g. having 1700 life unreserved and 1650 life reserved is okay, the opposite is not) - this is to make sure we keep the overleech feature of PB active.

Options to consider : Heralds, Tempest Shield, Arctic Armour (!), Banners etc...

I don't really see the point of taking the 55% LL Threshold mastery, but i could be missing something here.

One reason I can see for it is to be able to use life flasks (though good leech is probably enough to not need one).
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
valarhexile wrote:

One reason I can see for it is to be able to use life flasks (though good leech is probably enough to not need one).

Well, that would get you 10% "more" HP ready at all times (55/50 = 110%) if you reserve less than 45% of your health, but I would be careful to check if it bricks either Pain Attunement or the leech effect. Logically it shouldn't. Not a bad idea, that could be like 200 more HP, and then you add some mana buffer to that (like 160?).

That could be huge, could you do me a favour and run those tests? :DD It's great value for one point. (And for the poor people like us who can't do Enlighten 4. hahahaha)
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 6, 2024, 12:16:36 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
ReworX wrote:

I was thinking off trying to get a wrath/determination Aul's and that would allow us to run both auras, would need to try and fix our stats though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info