Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

let me know know if anyone found a fix, same shit is happening to me in sg realm, pings were good before the new league started :(
It's impossible to play this way, latency of 30000ms.
how is this still not fixed more than one week into the league...
Same here
I solved this by using a vpn
Reoccuring problem for me too.

In the past, this fixed my issues:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2602685

.. but this league the same "stutter-steppy" behaviour returned.

Update:
- It is definitely an issue of some instances being laggy to the degree of unplayable and others running perfectly fine.
- I don't think it's as easy as "fix your instance servers" though. My desktop PC shows above issues, my laptop has no issue - exact same network environment but different hardware. It is not my desktop hardware issue alone either though, that PC is perfectly capable of handling the game in any "normal" instance and performance taxing situation. It is the network latency spikes alone for me.
Some further testing ... after encountering another broken map instance on desktop, I logged out and back in on my laptop. Indeed my laptop shows the same issues, must have been pure luck in the past. Gateway with issue was Frankfurt(EU). I switched to Milan(EU) and the lag spikes did not occur so far.
Last edited by DreamingSandman on Dec 18, 2023, 10:34:26 AM
some instance seem to run on servers either to weak or to far away. so those instances are laggy- reopening antoher instance fixes it, but maps are lost and in lab you don't have a joice. fix your shit.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Dec 16, 2023, 12:18:50 PM
Great, now the Moscow server is also lagging lmfao. What a joke really. What do you want me to do, physically move to a place so I can finally play with a normal ping?
Have to chime in and add that I probably could have recalled the times I have had the game crash on a single hand prior to this league.

Now?

I crash regularly if I get a large cluster of activity in a map.

I instant crash every time with certain players, when attempting to visit their HO.

Earlier in the league I would just crash visiting towns. May have been patched by now, but I don't visit towns anymore to confirm.

Tried lowering settings and changing DirectX types, etc. Hasn't helped.

Please optimize? I don't think the right answer is buy a new computer, I'd play a different game.
I have same issue, i'm located in Poland.
On all EU servers ping goes from 20ms to 50k ms. All random, some zones are fine others unplayable.

I found temporary fix for that issue ... switching to RUS server .. keeps MS on 60-70ms, not best solution but atleast I can play ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info