Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

Hello!
Let me describe my problem with spikes.

My main problem was huge lag spikes 4-20k which always ended in login screen, I have never had an option to play after a spike.

I tried a lot of things:
- new router
- all configuration of in-game settings
- re-installing game client (steam and standalone versions)
- re-installing drivers
- re-installing Windows

What really helped me?

The day before I permanently fixed my issue was VPN, I did not experience any issue beside a higher ping

The solution that worked for me was to ask my ISP to create a public IP address for me, from then on I didn't experience a single spike

Hope it will help someone

Stay safe exiles
Last edited by Helliocik1 on May 7, 2024, 2:52:06 PM
I've lost 3 Maven invites in a row because the instance opens in a dog shit server and my latency climbs into the thousands.

How is this still a thing?
haha this post still going from affliction xDDDDD
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
"
CarpeDiem444 wrote:
haha this post still going from affliction xDDDDD

GGG used to be so community orientated. It was part of the reason people were drawn to PoE.

Year on year, interactions of any kind disappeared. Every league there is one or two long game breaking posts like this one; They never respond / acknowledge / discuss anything, haven't for years.

I mean, how can you not acknowledge/respond to a 70+ page thread regarding technical issues in 5 months... Sad.
This league actually started out pretty well for me and I had no issues up until a week or two ago and since then it's just gotten progressively worse, unlike affliction league where it was just constant all league and didn't even end up playing for more than a few days. Constant lag spikes from 20ms up to 300-500ms and then back down every other second, my latency graph looks like a heart rate monitor of someone running on a treadmill. Sometimes I can go a little while without any issues and then it'll start up again and last for hours.
Like most others posting here I have tried everything I can possibly do on my end and nothing helps.

I doubt anyone from GGG is keeping up with this thread but if you are please give us something on this issue.
All my latency issues started like 3 weeks ago. I get 1-2 of them per map or just doing stuff in the hideout for a period of time. The game is just not playable at this point and I have yet to see any response from GGG. Seems like they just really don't care about their customers, oh wait, that is normal behavior from GGG on all topics.

Update after post:
Someone contacted me in the game and said that I needed to connect to the a different gateway because if the gateway is full then I would get the latency disconnect basically. Well, I made a gateway tour through the US and all of EU and still got the same results. So is the server limit like 10 users? Cause I know it not an overflow of users wanting to play 3.24 because this league has been bleeding players since day one and become the worst league in retaining players so I don't think the gateway full of users is an issue because everyone has moved on until 3.25. This is nothing but a GGG server issue with the network connection on their side cause reports of this issue is coming from all locations around the world. Occam's razor.
Last edited by Ghost_Pepper_233 on May 9, 2024, 3:57:25 PM
i like poe, but its unplayable right now. its hard to support a game that doesnt care about their players, i was going to buy some packs but how if i cant play it? if poe2 will carry this problems from poe, its going to be a disaster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info