Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

"
Same here. I'm not sure whether it is GGG or my ISP. I play on the Texas(US) gateway with Lockstep. I average 14ms in hideout, 39 ms in world. Some maps have been causing 3000ms spikes, which causes the game to freeze up. I have crashed once from this.

I looked into my client log to grab the IP of the map that was causing huge latency spikes. I ran a few trace routes over the day and called my ISP. I had a technician come out to check the line outside, which would be hop 2 on the traceroute. They found 1.5% packet loss. Which seems in keeping with my traceroutes since I'm seeing either 0% or max 8% packet loss over 5 minutes of testing per session. This likely means the issue is due to my ISP but it could be a combination.

What troubles me, is that it only happens on certain maps (1/100) lets say and I have good enough internet to stream flawlessly in 1080p 60fps.

Also, how do I get my ISP to look into a node that is 5 hops away? I feel completely useless in trying to fix this. I've done everything I can for my local network, maybe I'll just have to do a movie marathon and watch all LotR extended editions or something.

Does anyone having this issue recommend using Predictive? I tried it once years ago, got rubber banded into a trap while doing labs and never tried it again.

edit:
I tested Predictive, only on one map so far but it felt so much better. It reduced my average ms by 20. Everything felt smoother but there is a downside. When you do inevitably hit one of those latency spikes, it is much more noticeable and dangerous. It caused me to teleport on my screen (only once).

This could be a temporary fix for some if you prefer having an overall better experience with the occasional really bad lag spike. For me, it's better than having little tiny stutters on bad maps. I will update after more maps but for now this is my temp solution.

mmm i put it on lockstep to, well gona try the Predictive option
"
Blubberman999 wrote:
there is no fix from our side (players) because my game is perfectly fine for severel hours in late night or eraly morning. only in main playtime of people there is lag. this clearly means there is a problem on their end (server).

well, like i say in a previous comment, since this monday (11/12/23) i cant play in ANY hours, sometimes in the day (9 AM), other very deep in the night (1 AM), i do 4 maps and then BOOM, random lag spikes 80 ms to 300 ms and constantly keep changing making very hard to do maps without lose 40% of my EXP
"
Blubberman999 wrote:
there is no fix from our side (players) because my game is perfectly fine for severel hours in late night or eraly morning. only in main playtime of people there is lag. this clearly means there is a problem on their end (server).

Exactly the same experience . Started one month into ToTA league .
Unplayable, I'm in EU, 500 to over 1500ms latency in every actvity.
Do we at least have any official word on the matter?
These things below happens to me:
JP realm/SG realm, ping spikes massively (1k+), it could be "playable" where I would have to take 30 second stand still spamming my skill to clear a pack of mobs, rinse and repeat for a long time until that one map is over. Either that or I straight up spikes to 20k and got kicked. At worst my map would be gone, sometimes it wouldn't.

TX / CA realm, loading time takes WAY longer for some reason, before this league when lag spikes happens I would switch to these servers and it would be fine, just a little bit laggier than normal. RN it would still be unplayable.

This happens frequently during my night time and early morning (I would say around 10~11am), which means I can't play at peak hour. The only playable time is late night, and even then sometimes I would still receive ping spikes.

To those who say VPN fixes it, VPN doesn't fix it because I literally play the game with a VPN.
It just has to be some server problems on GGG's end. Please, I know it's christmas time, but please for god sake don't leave us alone with a unplayable game for the holiday.
The game is unplayable ping spikes crazy, and zero respond from developers, supper sad.
Since last patch every third map is not possible to play lag spikes up to 30000... What the hell is going on
Last edited by Cenwargh on Dec 16, 2023, 3:59:26 AM
Same here in EU, some isntances are fucked, other are fine, my internet works fine.

Definately a poe issue
Sam here, lag spikes. the MS goes up from 19ms to 300ms or 1000ms is a period.

so up and down every 0,3seconds back to 20 ms up to 500ms

in several different random zones and servers. tested all
game is unplayable for me, wanted to come back to poe, but cant even finish campaing with this lags, teleports, crashes. What happened to poe when i was playing other games?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info