[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
ScatmanKyle wrote:
Thinking of making a new character to try this build. How good is it at facetanking? Cause I can confidently say I'm not good enough to beat Maven with skill alone

This is very good at facetanking, but Maven is worst for that. Tankiness comes from ES leech, and if you get hit by the beams in Maven encounter, you get 10sec debuff that prevents all regen. And failing memory game is instakill no matter what.
Even if you don't sell the failures, the expected number of frigid fossils needed to hit Cold to the Core + Blanketed Snow is only around 300. With fossils and resonators selling at 1 : 1c and 1 : 2c respectively, the expected cost of self-crafting the jewel is only around 6d.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
ScatmanKyle wrote:
Thinking of making a new character to try this build. How good is it at facetanking? Cause I can confidently say I'm not good enough to beat Maven with skill alone

This is very good at facetanking, but Maven is worst for that. Tankiness comes from ES leech, and if you get hit by the beams in Maven encounter, you get 10sec debuff that prevents all regen. And failing memory game is instakill no matter what.

Given that we have 6 portals, wasting a few shouldn’t be an issue.
Maybe I'm wrong but this league ( at this moment ) seems dead. Buying a ring/amulet with appropriate stats is almost impossble. Prices are crazy - from 350 to above 400 for amu. Next example- Natutal Affinity with Corrupted blood immunity costs about 30 divs, +/-2 weeks ago it's about 13 divs. Not mentioned about rings... really sad . No chance to progress with this shit.
Greets.
What do you mean by "amulet with appropriate stats"? You can craft one yourself, usable in all endgame content, for the price of one Awakener's Orb (~7d) and some Golden Oils.

I just did a quick search for reflected rings with 120+ int and there are tons of them with only minor downside stats for under 1d.

Helical Rings are indeed expensive at the moment (20d+) but they're a luxury, not a required element of the build.

You can buy a jewel with corrupted blood immunity, some int, and crit multi for less than 1d.

Yes, min-maxed godly gear is expensive, and prices are more inflated this league than usual (probably due to boats bringing in divines on a regular basis) but it's not nearly as bad as you say.
If you still need a decent helmet, the recombinator can be used to help craft one:

Step 1: Buy or farm a bunch of Lich's Circlet bases. You will need a lot of these so buy in bulk (for around 5c each).

Step 2: Create an ilvl 84 Lich's Circlet with the following mods:

Prefixes: T1 %ES (Unassailable), T1 hybrid %es (Seraphim's), crafted increased warcry buff effect (Korell's; any tier)
Suffixes: none

You can use the recombinator to create this item:

Step 2a: Alt-spam a magic Lich's Circlet until you get one with T1 %ES (Unassailable).

Step 2b: If the item has a suffix, annul it. Go back to Step 2a if you annul the prefix.

Step 2c: Repeat the above to craft a one-mod Lich's Circlet with T1 hybrid %ES (Seraphim's).

Step 2d: Throw both one-mod items into the recombinator. Chance of successfully combining the two prefixes into a rare item: 33%.

Step 2e: Craft warcry buff effect. If you haven't unlocked this craft, some other crafted prefixes are also OK: avoid any crafted prefixes called "Upgraded" or "Chosen."

Step 3: Craft an ilvl 62--70 Lich's Circlet with the following mods:

Prefixes: T1 flat ES (Blazing), crafted increased warcry buff effect (Korell's; any tier)
Suffix: essence-crafted flat int

Step 3a: Buy an ilvl 2 helmet (any base). You can buy one from Faustus in Kingsmarch using a level 1 alt. Recombine it with a Lich's Circlet. You have a 50% chance to get an ilvl-45 Lich's Circlet out.

Step 3b: Apply a Deafening Essence of Spite and attempt to annul all non-essence affixes. Repeat until you get a rare ilvl-45 Lich's Circlet with only the essence-crafted flat int.

Step 3c: Benchcraft 29-35% fire resistance.

Step 3d: Alt-spam an ilvl-84 Lich's Circlet until you get T1 flat ES (Blazing).

Step 3e: If there is a suffix, annul it. Repeat Step 3d if you annul the prefix.

Step 3f: Benchcraft 29-35% fire resistance.

Step 3g: You should now have two two-mod items: a rare ilvl-45 Lich's Circlet with essence-crafted flat int and benchcrafted fire resistance; and a magic ilvl-84 Lich's Circlet with T1 flat ES and benchcrafted fire resistance. Throw them in the recombinator.

Step 3h: If you got a three-mod rare item (20% chance), go to step 3i. If you got a two-mod magic item with T1 flat ES and essence-crafted int (20% chance), you might still be able to salvage the craft: slam a Regal Orb and then try to annul the regaled affix. If you succeed, proceed to step 3i.

Step 3i: Craft warcry buff effect (replacing fire resistance). If you haven't unlocked this craft, some other crafted prefixes are also OK: avoid any crafted prefixes called "Upgraded" or "Chosen."

Step 4: You should now have the following items:

ilvl 84 Lich's Circlet
Prefixes: T1 %ES (Unassailable), T1 hybrid %es (Seraphim's), crafted increased warcry buff effect (Korell's; any tier)
Suffixes: none

ilvl 66 Lich's Circlet
Prefixes: T1 ES (Blazing), crafted increased warcry buff effect (Korell's; any tier)
Suffix: essence-crafted flat int

Throw them in the recombinator and cross your fingers. You have a 25% chance to get 3x T1 ES prefixes and the essence suffix.

Step 5: Slam a Hunter's Exalted Orb. You have a 50% chance to get 9-10% increased int.

If you're willing to burn more currency for a shorter recipe, you can craft the Step 2 and 3 items directly (by spamming fossils/essences and annuls) rather than by using the recombinator.
Last edited by evouga on Sep 1, 2024, 8:31:01 PM
Hi,

First of all, thank you for this comprehensive guide. The build is amazing (last time I played it was with Ascendant version, time ago). :) Thank you for your work.

Here's a neophyte question (sorry if it has been already asked...).
I have not enough money to buy a good cluster jewel (with blanketed snow for example) and I don't think I will play enough to get enough levels to take Disciple of the Forbidden.

I have one passive point left to take. Do you think it is worth to get Zealoth's Oath (it could be good QoL versus some bosses, with zealotry's consecrated grounds?)? Or something else (Ghost Reaver?) ?

Thanks!!
Last edited by Kateroze on Aug 29, 2024, 12:20:50 PM
Do get charges when you are hit better than charges gained on crit? How similar are they?
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
Will this one kill me:

???
Yes, if it reflects it will become life loss per second.
Last edited by evouga on Aug 31, 2024, 1:22:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info