[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Jasmira wrote:
Finally got my level 84 body armor and helmet, ES more than doubled, so did evasion. Love it, now I can safely run all T16, might even try T17.
Being immune to all elemental ailments is huge, I was wondering if one could not replace Purity with some DPS booster but now I am not sure this would be wise. The amount of nasty-ass map mods that you can roll with Purity is ridiculous.
The only thing I am concerned about is Dicipline which I still use because I have a Watcher's Eye with ES on hit. Going Zealotry would rob me of this insane regen. Worth it?

Anyway, 87 and moving steadily towards the cluster tree transformation. It's gonna be huge. Still using the cheap anoinments, too.

One thing I noticed, PoB does not take the 'Retribution' notable and I was wondering why. It's 10 Int AND +15% overall damage. Strange.

Only way to find out if you survive without ES/hit is to try it out. You are not playing on HC?

For Retribution. First is that this build is really starved for passive points. You are not yet using Cluster Jewels, but once you go for them, you will feel it.

Second is that it is 15 INCREASED damage, not MORE.

The way More works, is that, for example, if you have 2 sources of 50% More damage, you multiply your damage with them. so 100%*1.5*1.5 = 225%.

Increased damage is calculated by adding up all the Increased damage and then applied it as one single More multiplier. So if you have 2 sources of 50% Increased damage you end up with 100*(1+0.5+0.5) = 200%

If you look the picture in my previous post I have 1256% + 360% = 1616% Increased damage. Adding 15% to that would give me less than 1% more damage.
Last edited by Cjin on Aug 26, 2024, 9:22:08 AM
In the previous leagues my starter was the trickster version and then the new ones were a new build, in this one I made scion and didn't regret it.
--deleted--
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Aug 28, 2024, 3:15:44 AM
How are these being crafted?

The person has 6+ up for sale, all the same 3 notable passives (Blanketed Snow, Cold to the Core, Widespread Destruction). Another person has 4 or so for sale, also with the same passives.

I played around with craftofexile a bit but the best I found was basic Fossil crafting, which came out to a lot more than 7-8d in fossils/resonators and took 4k or so attempts. Harvest reforge cold in the simulator had around 1/1000 success rate of hitting both prefixes. Success was better using reforge cold + exalt, but it was at best 1/600 and with exalts 15c or so, there was no way it would cost less than 8d.

I know @Kelvynn said in the guide that crafted them was difficult and to just buy them, but curious as to what the process might be and how economical it is.

"
GrimzEcho wrote:

The person has 6+ up for sale, all the same 3 notable passives (Blanketed Snow, Cold to the Core, Widespread Destruction). Another person has 4 or so for sale, also with the same passives.

I played around with craftofexile a bit but the best I found was basic Fossil crafting, which came out to a lot more than 7-8d in fossils/resonators and took 4k or so attempts. Harvest reforge cold in the simulator had around 1/1000 success rate of hitting both prefixes. Success was better using reforge cold + exalt, but it was at best 1/600 and with exalts 15c or so, there was no way it would cost less than 8d.

I know @Kelvynn said in the guide that crafted them was difficult and to just buy them, but curious as to what the process might be and how economical it is.

The trade site has search option for Seller Account, meaning you can search all the items (or just cluster jewels) one person is selling. If you search that one seller, you will probably find lot of other jewels with same base but different rolls he is selling.

If you try to roll CttC + Blanketed and accept only that result, spending 10div worth of currency to roll it, when you can buy it for 8div, is not worth. But if, while trying to get it, you roll 5 jewels that each sell for 2div (and sell them and start with a new base instead), you are making some profit. This is the key that makes crafting profitable. This makes you able to sell the endproduct for less that it would cost to craft it (alone) and still make profit, making people want to buy it instead of trying to craft it themself.
Last edited by Cjin on Aug 28, 2024, 4:40:16 AM
"
GrimzEcho wrote:

Can cluster jewel be recombinated?
"
gruumine wrote:
Can cluster jewel be recombinated?

No. Given their limit of 4 affixes and the lack of tiers for notable passives, recombination could allow for almost mostly deterministic creation of 3-notable large clusters.
"
Cjin wrote:
If you search that one seller, you will probably find lot of other jewels with same base but different rolls he is selling.

Ahh so you think that the seller having 8 clusters listed with the the exact same 3 notables is just an outcome of chaos-spamming a huge number of bases and listing any that look sellable?
Thinking of making a new character to try this build. How good is it at facetanking? Cause I can confidently say I'm not good enough to beat Maven with skill alone
"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Ahh so you think that the seller having 8 clusters listed with the the exact same 3 notables is just an outcome of chaos-spamming a huge number of bases and listing any that look sellable?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/8wJRRJMhV

At the time of writing this, he has 136 cluster jewels that are 8 passives / 12% cold damage ones listed

Here is list of all the items he has listed... which shows he has only those cluster jewels listed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/ayXq4Rphe

So yes. I think he is just chaos spamming them and selling (or trying to sell) everything that looks ok.

Last edited by Cjin on Aug 28, 2024, 10:16:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info