[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilyth4 wrote:
with a lot of changes being made like nerfs to frostblink/frost bomb early does anyone have a recommended leaguestarter assuming its day 1 and you might not get your staff until near the end of campaign? would prefer something that doesnt require a total respec. :)

Cold snap + creeping frost + vortex + frost bomb. You rotate through spells to apply dots. It works well and require minimal respecs. Just follow the leveling tree and add the cold dots passives on the big cold damage wheel.
"
supersani wrote:
I wanna try to play this patch with my gf, anyone got a idea what would be a good supportive build to play together. I was thinking that maybe she just plays also Icestorm without auras (willg et them from me) and culling and magic find on most gear and then I can also upgraded old gear between accounts?

I'd suggest picking a tanky clear build (like RF or Boneshatter) and having the Icestorm build focus on single target damage from afar, dealing with rares and bosses.

Removing auras serves little purpose and is a pain, since you have to hug to get the effect. Unless you're going full aura stacker, it's better to pick builds with complenting auras (like Determination). Take into consideration the curse limit problem, though. You might want to swap Frostbite for Elemental Weakness, for instance, since the second build won't be able to apply curses.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Jul 19, 2024, 11:03:20 PM
"
juuraa1 wrote:
Does anoint stays on item after we combine necks using awakener orb?

If Anointments are on the item that gets reforged, so you need good anointments on right base item.

There is also possibility of using recombinator thing, but I don't know how anointments work with it.
I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to say thanks for making this guide. I played this build for 3.24 and had a blast. Hoping to play it again for 3.25. I'm new to the game and you explained everything really well!
Yeah amulets with two useful anoints on a good base are likely going to be super rare and expensive. And still cannot compete with the Simplex craft.
Personally I dont care about simplex since I'm going for ssf :D
Waiting for the all-awesome Kelvynn :)
Kelvynn entering the thread at the beginning of every league start.

Last edited by RaGe0uS on Jul 21, 2024, 11:21:32 PM
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
Kelvynn entering the thread at the beginning of every league start.

Haha! Hey guys! :)

Welcome to the AFK league! GGG is going to help the people with low play time stay a little closer to the no-lifers. You can run some maps to farm gold, send your ships to Kalguur etc, queue a bunch of white/yellow maps for the mapping crews and go to bed. Log on tomorrow and see how much stuff you got. This league should feel really good.

Not to mention the QoL improvements and the Currency Exchange. Wonderful things happen when the devs try playing their own game and see exactly how bad some things are. Maybe one day Mark tries Uber Sirus too! ))

Anyway, I've read the patch notes and have been waiting for PoB to get updated but it's not updated yet.

What I see is:

- BUFF: A lot more ES on gear. Kinda compensates for the Necropolis crafting going away.

- BUFF: A little more block and spell block.

- BUFF: The change to Inspiration should make mana issues even easier to deal with.

- Possible buff: some new anoints. Need to see them in PoB. Tranquility will still be great. But the 2nd anoint is flexible.

- Possible buff: Depending on how the Recombinators work, crafting the amulet might become easier, or completely trivial. Getting 3 desired mods was a no-brainer back in 3.18. But they said they are changing how it works now. We'll see. Also, if you could keep the anoints from both items that would be totally OP.

- CHANGE: RIP Hatred. However, with a slight re-arrangement of a few nodes, Zealotry gives virtually the same damage. Its own MORE dmg mod is less powerful than Hatred's was, and so is its Watcher's Eye resist pen. But it makes reaching 100% crit chance easier, and you can switch Doom Cast and Light of Divinity for Disciple of the Forbidden + Charge Mastery. Less than 1% difference in PoB. So we are basically not affected by the sad demise of Hatred.

Overall, this build should become slightly more powerful than it was in 3.24. The meta will probably be all about the buffed melee skills and/or the Warden class. They've already urgently pre-nerfed some things they've overlooked. I'm sure they've overlooked a lot more things that are going to be super OP and exploited to death. But that only means that the items for this build may be cheaper than ever before.

Waiting on the PoB update. I'd love to see what that Warden class really looks like number-wise. Maybe we can try it with WI.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 22, 2024, 4:15:27 PM
PoB has just been updated. Nice timing!

They added 1 extra small 3% block node to the Counterweight cluster. That is actually a 3% damage nerf cause it breaks the perfect Lv 100 tree. Bastards!! XD

Gonna look at the Warden though...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info