[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Yes, the numbers include the EV conversion.
The new number is based on the quality change (* 1.3).

Similarly, the ES of the helmet changes from
152 * 2.71 = 412
to
152 * 2.41 * 1.3 = 475

Glove
102 * 2.3 = 235
to
102 * 2 * 1.3 = 265

So 238 in total. This means even if I drop Discipline, the total ES is still better.
Knowing GGG, I expect that ES nodes on the passive tree / ascendency will be “reworked” to account for the increased defenses on gear. But we’ll have to wait and see.
Looking to play this in 3.25 per patch notes agreeing, my only question is what atlas mechanics should I focus mainly to craft the gear?

For example, if i wanted to farm my own synth items, would it be best to run ritual? Im guessing essences would be high on the list for +int and harvest possibly for rolling?
Scouting the patch notes, biggest change for us seems to be Hatred is useless to us now. Pretty sad, but I assume its still very well playable. Might go back to another Aura - maybe Aspect? Or Zealotry, to get some more Spell damage "back"?
Last edited by Maaster on Jul 18, 2024, 6:39:11 PM
Hatred: No longer has causes you and nearby allies to deal more Cold Damage. You and nearby allies now gain 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage at gem level 1 (previously 16%), scaling up to 39% at gem level 20 (previously 25%).

Increased Duration: Has been renamed to More Duration Support. You guessed it, it now grants Supported Skills 30% more Skill Effect Duration at gem level 1, scaling up to 39% at gem level 20 (previously 45-64% increased Skill Effect Duration). Quality now grants Supported Skills have 0-10% more Skill Effect Duration (previously increased).

Inspiration: Now causes Supported Skills to have less Mana Cost, instead of reduced. This also applies to the benefit provided by Quality.

There are now more Notables on the Passive Skill Tree than there are Oil combinations to Anoint them all.
As a result of this, Notable Passive Skills that provided +30 to an Attribute can no longer be Anointed.

Many Modifiers that granted Physical Damage taken as an Element or Chaos can no longer roll. This includes Incursion Temple and Delve modifiers on Helmets, Corruption modifiers on Shields, Fire Warbands modifiers on Helmets, and all Watcher's Eye modifiers.

Added a new set of modifiers for Purity Auras that can roll on Watcher's Eyes to replace the Physical Damage taken as Element Damage above.

Foul Staff and Vile Staff now have a base Critical Strike Chance of 7.5% (previously 6.1%).
Coiled Staff, Iron Staff, and Vile Staff now have +20% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff (previously +18%).

Some changes in passive tree, mostly block nodes give little more block.

No changes to Discipline.

Loosing Hatred is big hit. Spider Aspect feels best choice. Might need 15% res reward from bandits for it.

Sand Stance from Flesh and Stone could be useful defensive option, but with extra ES from new base types and quality change should be enough defenses.

30% quality gear seems to be no longer possible?

Retaliation skills have few that can be triggered from blocking.

Added a new Intelligence/Strength Skill Gem, Divine Retribution: Retaliate against a blocked hit with a surge of divine power, causing multiple waves of lightning blasts to expand outward from the target location. This skill cannot be Triggered or used by Totems, Traps, or Mines.
Armor with >20% quality can still drop from monsters:

> Non-Gem items that generate with a Random Quality can now generate up to 30% Quality.

I expect these will become premium crafting bases.

Zealotry looks like a decent replacement for Hatred, no? We go from 18% more damage to 15%, but that's not a fatal nerf...
"
evouga wrote:
Armor with >20% quality can still drop from monsters:

> Non-Gem items that generate with a Random Quality can now generate up to 30% Quality.

I expect these will become premium crafting bases.

Zealotry looks like a decent replacement for Hatred, no? We go from 18% more damage to 15%, but that's not a fatal nerf...

It's 15% *and* 39% increased critical strike chance. It's an good replacement that will only reduce our damage for 1-2%.

"
Cjin wrote:

Sand Stance from Flesh and Stone could be useful defensive option, but with extra ES from new base types and quality change should be enough defenses.

You need to be up the monsters' faces to get a good damage reduction though. It quickly diminishes with distance. It's probably balanced to be only good for melee builds. Since we need defenses the most against bosses, I doubt it would be as useful as the alternatives.
"
The 10% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Chaos Damage Armour and Energy Shield Passive Mastery has been replaced with a Mastery that provides 20% reduced Extra Damage Taken from Critical Strikes.

The final Kelvynn build did not use that mastery, but for those of us who like to be super tanky, that's a nice option that got removed, unfortunately.
"

Pinnacle Bosses, Shaper Guardians and Elder Guardians can now have up to 50% Action Speed reduction (previously 30%), which buffs the Effect of Freeze on these Bosses.

This seems like a great buff for all cold-based builds. Going from 70% to 50% action speed is almost a third slower, which makes it much easier to dodge damaging attacks.

With that said, someone who actually understands how freeze effect works can tell us if this build can get those numbers on pinnacle bosses, because no matter how many times I read the wiki on this, I cannot wrap my head around

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info