[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
PoB has just been updated. Nice timing!

They added 1 extra small 3% block node to the Counterweight cluster. That is actually a 3% damage nerf cause it breaks the perfect Lv 100 tree. Bastards!! XD

Gonna look at the Warden though...

Imagine warden ice whisperer with tinctures
Ok, that didn't take long. Warden is not looking good enough for WI.

Oath of Winter will perma-freeze zone trash and weak bosses. This build had that with Elemental Proliferation before the Trickster revamp. We've since traded away that extra safety for more damage cause we are already almost unkillable in maps. And some magic/rares are immune to freeze.

On the uber bosses freeze is heavily mitigated. Achieving a 0.3 sec freeze may be possible with the high end gear, which would in turn make it possible to perma-freeze the uber bosses. However, their action speed cannot be modified below 50%. They will show the Frozen status icon but will still fight. I'm not sure if making them extra slow is worth losing a whole lot of damage.

Speaking of the damage. The only thing the Warden has for us is Avatar of the Wilds. You gain a stack of Unbound every 0.2 sec, and once you reach 100 stacks (that takes 20 sec) - you lose the stacks and gain 80% MORE damage for 10 sec. During which you cannot gain new stacks.

In other words, over a period of 30 sec you have the 80% MORE damage buff 1/3 of the time. That's 80/3 = 26.6% MORE damage on average. If the fight lasts at least 30 sec UNINTERRUPTED. None of the uber bosses will give your Warden 30 sec of uninterrupted fight. Some of them are dead to the Trickster before that.

Polymath gives the Trickster 24% MORE damage (or 27% depending on the tree variation). Same damage. So then you trade Escape Artist (extra ES), Soul Drinker (overleech) and One Step Ahead (immunity to slow) for some extra slow on the enemies, a little bit of spell suppression and some damage mitigation vs zone trash (Barkskin).

Does not look like a worthy trade at all. Overleech alone is better than any of those Warden defenses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 22, 2024, 4:10:08 PM
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
PoB has just been updated. Nice timing!

They added 1 extra small 3% block node to the Counterweight cluster. That is actually a 3% damage nerf cause it breaks the perfect Lv 100 tree. Bastards!! XD

Gonna look at the Warden though...

Imagine warden ice whisperer with tinctures

Tinctures only work with weapon attacks (unless I misread something). Icestorm is not an attack. Also, they drain your mana.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 22, 2024, 3:12:10 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Ok, that didn't take long. Warden is not looking good enough for WI.

Oath of Winter will perma-freeze zone trash and weak bosses. This build had that with Elemental Proliferation before the Trickster revamp. We've since traded away that extra safety for more damage cause we are already almost unkillable in maps. And some magic/rares are immune to freeze.

On the uber bosses freeze is heavily mitigated. Achieving a 0.3 sec freeze may be possible with the high end gear, which would in turn make it possible to perma-freeze the uber bosses. However, their action speed cannot be modified below 50%. They will show the Frozen status icon but will still fight. I'm not sure if making them extra slow is worth losing a whole lot of damage.

Speaking of the damage. The only thing the Warden has for us is Avatar of the Wilds. You gain a stack of Unbound every 0.2 sec, and once would reach 100 stacks (that takes 20 sec) - you lose the stacks and gain 80% MORE damage for 10 sec. During which you cannot gain new stacks.

In other words, over a period of 30 sec you have the 80% MORE damage buff 1/3 of the time. That's 80/3 = 26.6% MORE damage on average. If the fight lasts at least 30 sec UNINTERRUPTED. None of the uber bosses will give your Warden 30 sec of uninterrupted fight. Some of them are dead to the Trickster before that.

Polymath gives the Trickster 24% MORE damage (or 27% depending on the tree variation). Same damage. So then you trade Escape Artist (extra ES), Soul Drinker (overleech) and One Step Ahead (immunity to slow) for some extra slow on the enemies, a little bit of spell suppression and some damage mitigation vs zone trash (Barkskin).

Does not look like a worthy trade at all. Overleech alone is better than any of those Warden defenses.

Avatar of the Wilds is one stack every 0.2s per ailment. If you can get it to proc from freeze and shock, you could get it to 50% uptime. This would get additional damage from Oath of Springs.

Does that shock effect proc every time you crit, no matter how little lighting damage you do? Meaning you could get Oath of Spring running just from crits with added flat lightning&cold damage ring craft?

Edit: probably not, Oath of Springs reads "maximum effect of shock", not "guaranteed/minimum effect"
Last edited by Cjin on Jul 22, 2024, 3:50:19 PM
A few extra things I've noticed but haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet (apologies if someone else already mentioned some of these and I missed them):

- According to the current POB Beta, the Tranquility anoint now costs a Prismatic Oil, which might make it quite expensive especially early on.
- +30 int anoints are gone, we'll need to look at other early anoints instead.
- The Runesmithing part of the league mechanic is not usable on unique weapons per the recently asked questions, so RIP on getting those cool enchants on the staff :(
PoB now shows the new anoints: there is one behind every class Ascendancy tree. Does that mean they are restricted to that class (i.e. we can only get the one behind Shadow)? I'll try to find out.

Unleashed Potential (behind Ascendant): +1 max charges, 400% inc charge duration, 25% chance to get a random charge on kill.

This lets us add frenzy charges reliably. They last 50s. Even some of the uber bosses will give you something to kill. For the T17 bosses there will still be charges from killing zone trash. Can even add Swift Killer (70s duration and +2 max frenzy charges), but I hate losing One Step Ahead. It looks good enough even without Swift Killer.

Would have to allocate Whispers of Doom for 4 points. Overall looks like about 10-15% MORE damage.

Harness the Void (behind Shadow): some added chaos damage.

This one is sadly not worth the 4 skill points that we save anointing Whispers of Doom. Mostly because bosses have 50% chaos resist and there is no chaos penetration (not gonna try The Original Sin, it's a mirror price tag).

So I'll probably anoint Unleashed Potential instead of Whispers of Doom, if it's not restricted to the Ascendant class.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 22, 2024, 5:13:12 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
PoB now shows the new anoints: there is one behind every class Ascendancy tree. Does that mean they are restricted to that class (i.e. we can only get the one behind Shadow)? I'll try to find out.

Unleashed Potential (behind Ascendant): +1 max charges, 400% inc charge duration, 25% chance to get a random charge on kill.

This lets us add frenzy charges reliably. They last 50s. Even some of the uber bosses will give you something to kill. For the T17 bosses there will still be charges from killing zone trash. Can even add Swift Killer (70s duration and +2 max frenzy charges), but I hate losing One Step Ahead. It looks good enough even without Swift Killer.

Would have to allocate Whispers of Doom for 4 points. Overall looks like about 17-20% MORE damage.

Harness the Void (behind Shadow): some added chaos damage.

This once is sadly not worth the 4 skill points that we save anointing Whispers of Doom.

So I'll probably anoint Unleashed Potential instead of Whispers of Doom, if it's not restricted to the Ascendant class.

I believe those are from the special Forbidden Flame/Flesh from Uber Eater/Exarch and not anoints.

The new anoints seem to be hidden near the classes' starting locations.
"
ragebarr wrote:
I believe those are from the special Forbidden Flame/Flesh from Uber Eater/Exarch and not anoints.

The new anoints seem to be hidden near the classes' starting locations.

Ah, that would explain why they are located there. Nevermind then. Nothing beats Ambush & Assassinate for the 5th Ascendancy.

None of the ones near the starting locations is worth 4 points either.
The +2 to max ele res node, it’s near our pathing. I wonder if having that defensive layer is good for few skill tree points…

> Unleashed Potential

Maybe this can be used mid gear if u want more defensive layer. How expensive is this?
Last edited by gruumine on Jul 22, 2024, 7:05:44 PM
"
gruumine wrote:
The +2 to max ele res node, it’s near our pathing. I wonder if having that defensive layer is good for few skill tree points

Nomadic Teachings? It's not near our pathing.

The closest res node we have is Anointed Flesh (+1% max res = 4% ele mitigation) that could be taken for 4 points together with CB immunity mastery which is also another 3% damage for Polymath. This can be a viable option before obtaining CB immunity on a corrupted jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info