[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
evouga wrote:
Also, some gearing advice for Standard:

The Standard economy is much smaller and very idiosyncratic compared to league; amusingly the appraisals given in the gearing guide for league are almost the exact opposite of what you'll experience in Standard. "Budget" rares that the guide suggests you pick up for "a few chaos" will cost many dozen divine orbs, whereas level 4 Enlighten and uniques like Split Personality and Forbidden Flesh/Flame can be picked up for (relatively!) cheap thanks to a flooded market.

Body Armour: I'd say this is the most important item to save up for and buy (for around 50--100 div): getting good ES+EV rolls is crucial to survivability, and you're not likely to get something decent just spamming Spite essences.

Helmet, Gloves, Belt: craft these yourself using Spite essences, as described in the guide. You will want to buy a ton of essences in bulk (around 0.1 div each) since you need them for the rings too. Unless you get lucky rolls, you will likely be pinched on resistances. Watch out for reduced aura effect map mods if you're leaning heavily on Purity of Elements.

Rings: the base cost around 40 div in Standard. That's a lot for just 7% increased intelligence, so I would deprioritize getting the recommend synth rings until after you've sorted out the rest of your gear.

Cluster Jewels: keep an eye on the trade site; supply is very limited. Expect to pay around 40 div each if you're not too picky about the small passives. You can also try to craft these yourself; I've successfully used both alt+aug and frigid fossils (both methods are eye-bleedingly tedious).

Brute Force Solution: you can find legacy uncorrupted jewels on the trade site for surprisingly cheap. Grab them and throw them onto the temple altar and hope for something good.

The Simplex: the base itself "only" costs 50--60 div. You can use the amethyst flask vendor recipe to reforge a legacy Simplex into one with the new 100% implicit: apparently this isn't common knowledge, as you can occasionally snipe a cheap legacy unsplit(!) Simplex on trade: upgrade it to the new version, split it yourself, then sell one of the copies and keep the other one for free. Craicic Chimerals are 4 div each in Standard, so adjust your budget accordingly for attempting the ultimate amulet crafting project. (I succeeded after 16 attempts.)

Does GGG fix the amethyst flask vendor?
It doesn't work for Simplex (still works for normal amulet) :-(.
The patch isn't deployed yet; so unless they changed the behavior in the last few weeks in an unannounced hotfix the recipe should still work.

To be clear, the recipe will update the old implicits (-1 prefix, -1 suffix, 25% increased magnitudes) to the new ones. It won't reset influence, so if you've double-influenced your amulet, it is still bricked.
"
evouga wrote:
The patch isn't deployed yet; so unless they changed the behavior in the last few weeks in an unannounced hotfix the recipe should still work.

To be clear, the recipe will update the old implicits (-1 prefix, -1 suffix, 25% increased magnitudes) to the new ones. It won't reset influence, so if you've double-influenced your amulet, it is still bricked.

Sorry. I forgot to use Scouring Orb on the Simplex first.
It works now :-).
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Simplex Crafting Notes (Part 2)

I went and crafted another Simplex. This time armed with the knowledge from the previous craft, paying attention to the important things, gathering more information, answering the questions that popped up after already completing the first craft. And this time I'm pretty sure I know how it works. Well, most of it...

1. Having the amulet in the same VISIBLE state does not produce the same results. I applied one catalyst, recorded the outcomes shown by Hinekora. Then applied a different catalyst to change the item, and then the previous catalyst again. With the same quality as before, the outcomes were completely different. This means it's safe to use any catalyst to force the change. You don't have to use different quality every time. Whatever random seed used by the system is based on the item ID which changes every time the item is modified in any way.

2. The 'good' and 'bad' mod combinations are not really good or bad. As somebody observed, they can switch places. They are just two separate groups that always behave in the opposite ways. Amulets in the same group always produce exactly the same result IF the target mod is chosen (that's when they are 'good'). And if it's not chosen then they produce random bad results. When one group is 'good', the other group is 'bad', and vice versa. Always. This happened in 100% of my attempts in this crafting session with 100% of the tested amulets.

The one plausible explanation I came up with is this:
- When merging two items via the Awakener's Orb, the system chooses a 'seed' for the pseudo-random rolls based on the target item's ID;
- There is a fixed list of influenced mods;
- The system decides if it's going to check that list from top to bottom, or from bottom to top;
- It keeps the first influenced mod found on the item.

When the item has only 1 influenced mod (e.g an alt-spammed blue amulet) there is only 1 possible choice. The 1-mods are always 'good'. But with the 2-mods the result depends on the order of the mods on the fixed list and the direction the system is using.

The mod "Dmg per 15 Int" is somewhere in the middle of the list. I have 12 different combinations of it, and they are split evenly, 6 in each group. When the system goes from top to bottom of the list, about half of the mods are found before Dmg/Int - those become the 'bad' amulets. And the other half are located after Dmg/Int, therefore the system picks it - the 'good' amulets. When the direction is reversed, those groups switch their good/bad status.

The mod "%Inc Attr" is closer to one end of the list. I have twice as many amulets in one group compared to the other.

3. After the influenced mods are chosen (1 guaranteed %Int from the Simplex base and 1 Shaper mod from the donor amulet), the 3rd mod is ALWAYS the same for all amulets from the same group with that mod.

If it chooses %Attr then all amulets from that 'good' group show the same exact outcome. If it chooses the other mod ('bad') and you have 2 or more different amulets with %Attr and that mod - they will all show the same outcome.

I wonder if the same is true for items with more than 3 mods. Simplex only has 1 mod that's filled in after the Awakener merge. I should try applying Hinekora's lock to a regular Crusader amulet and see what it shows if try merging it with all my Shaper ones. Will the rest of the mods always be the same for all amulets from the same group? I'll try that later.

4. Magic or Rare - it does matter for the 2-mods! I have these two amulets with the same exact influenced mods, of the same tier too:

and they always behave the opposite way! When one is 'good' (chooses %Attr) - the other one is 'bad' (chooses Movespeed), and vice versa. I don't have any other magic 2-mods. But these two always behave like this. I made sure to check them in every single attempt.

5. A special case:

This amulet is always 'good' since the system can only choose between the two target mods. However, it's also completely useless because the outcome always matches the outcome from one of the other groups (a consequence of #3 above).

6. 3-mods. Those are very rare. I accidentally chaos spammed one myself and bought a few more. With them it all depends on the positions of the mods on the fixed list used by the system. If the additional mods are both found on that list before or after the target mod then they can be randomly 'good'. If one junk mod is on the list before the target mod and the other one is after it - then they are always 'bad' because no matter which direction the system chooses one of them will be found first. So they can, in theory, increase your chances of success, but it's not really worth the currency.

7. This craft took me 29 attempts. And the first one was somewhere around 30-35. Which is consistent with the speculative math from the first post with the notes. Of course, the sample size here is too small to be sure. But the 30-40 div estimate still looks good.

Conclusion:

You need only 6 amulets for this craft to have the best chance of success:
1) 1-mod %Attr;
2) 1-mod Dmg/Int;
3-4) %Attr + something else. Any two that behave the opposite way;
5-6) Dmg/Int + something. Any two that behave the opposite way.

If you have any 3-mods - keep them and try them too. Just in case.

I'll update the main write-up with the new results and revised group lists.

Oh, and ALWAYS have the Simplex base imprinted! Even with all my experience, I've managed to accidentally click on it and complete the craft instead of cancelling it. This mistake cost me 1 Craicic Chmeral + 1 Awakener's Orb. Instead of 150 div. ALWAYS IMPRINT!!

Based on this analysis, I redo the math.

The possibility to get tri-mod ilvl 85 Simplex amulet is (only 4 of 6 donor amulets will pick the correct shaper mod):

1 - (1 - 800 / 105350) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 139950) ^ 2 = 2.636%

The possibility is a bit higher if the Simplex amulet is ilvl80:

1 - (1 - 800 / 101000) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 130000) ^ 2 = 2.786%

This translates to 36 ~ 38 attempts on average.
"
vbvan wrote:
The possibility to get tri-mod ilvl 85 Simplex amulet is (only 4 of 6 donor amulets will pick the correct shaper mod):

Thanks, professor! xD
"
vbvan wrote:
Based on this analysis, I redo the math.

My math (Excel) gets me total of 105650 weight of prefixes instead of 105350 you have.

More importantly you forgot you can roll damage/15int also as Crusader prefix giving it weight of 1300 instead of 800.

So:

1 - (1 - 1300 / 105650) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 139950) ^ 2 = 3.558%

Or

1 - (1 - 1300 / 101000) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 130000) ^ 2 = 3.753%

Average of 26-28 attempts.
"
Cjin wrote:
1 - (1 - 1300 / 101000) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 130000) ^ 2 = 3.753%

Average of 26-28 attempts.

Even better! Thanks, math people!
So, after looking at all those buffs to melee skills, I was thinking maybe it's worth starting with something other than Icicle Mine. Some cold melee skill that would benefit from our early leveling tree.

Frost Blades looked like a natural choice. Shadow can get it at lv 2, and it works with any weapons. The starting support (Chance to Poison) is fine with it too. A scepter and a spirit shield both have %ele dmg implicits, and a shield really helps defensively too. After reaching the lower prison you get Added Cold and Added Lightning supports, just need a GGB item, not hard to find one.

I really liked Frost Blades for lv 1-12! The clear speed was awesome. Mana was an issue though. I had to buy a paua amulet from Nessa and used 3 mana flasks.

Brutus was pretty easy too. And after killing him the mana issues were solved with Clarity. Plus Precision, good for any melee.

Merveil was OK, but felt kinda slow. Frost Blades is not a good single target skill.

Act 2 was where it started falling off quickly. That's where random rares started getting tanky. So, just to compare things, I grabbed a lv 1 Icicle Mine from Nessa and a BBG wand, put Icicle Mine - Added Cold - Added Lightning in it, and went back to Act 2.

Icicle Mine pretty much 1-shot trash mobs and took a few sec to kill tanky rares. LOL.

So much for the buffed melee skills. I guess you actually have to build your tree around melee things to use them. But for this build, Icicle Mine is still the way to go until you get the Whispering Ice.

Frost Blades can be used before lv 12, instead of Stormblast Mine, before you get Icicle Mine.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 23, 2024, 3:40:49 PM
From skimming the more recent posts, I get the impression that the 3.24 POB will work exactly as-is for 3.25? Or at least "good enough to use for the first few days"?
How much more shield will we have, with these new item bases and quality buffs?

Do we still need to use Discipline on maps? Or we can replace it with a herald of ice for better clear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info