[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
vbvan wrote:
How good is the interaction between this build and the Ultimatum mechanism (I didn't play that league)?

Its pretty good. There are modifiers that do chaos damage or projectiles fly at random directions, that do nothing to this build. I can't remember how bad ruin was.
well seems for us primalist best.
and if we can stack charmes...booms back without flask!

well question about helm chants. -% reserv aura no more? so we can't fit +1 aura?it's big loss of dmg

and vortex yeah(mb some alt version gona be instant but...)...what skill can replace it to cast and curse everyone?without cwdt?
Last edited by archwerewolf on Dec 1, 2023, 2:02:01 AM
"
archwerewolf wrote:

well question about helm chants. -% reserv aura no more? so we can't fit +1 aura?it's big loss of dmg

and vortex yeah(mb some alt version gona be instant but...)...what skill can replace it to cast and curse everyone?without cwdt?

Profane Bloom still needs them to be cursed. You going to need ring with cast curse on hit or drop Discipline for Blasphemy. Maybe you could find Megalo with Self-Control/Spiteful Presence. Last league I was able to fit Spider aspect without Charisma with

Transfigured gems seems to have very different changes to gems than making them just instant cast. Maybe Frostblink can be used instead of Vortex?
"
Cjin wrote:
Maybe Frostblink can be used instead of Vortex?

There are a ton of good options. Frostblink works (Frostblink - Bonechill - Awakened Unbound Ailments - Culling Strike). You can also use Bonechill w/ Frost Shield for extra tankiness + dmg on bosses, or Creeping Frost if you want it to follow enemies around a bit.

Vaal Cold Snap looks especially promising though...20% MORE effect of chill as per patch notes, and some frenzy charges for bosses. With Bonechill (44%) and Woke Unbound lvl 5 (69%) alone, this a 25% chill: (1+.44+.69)*1.20 = 2.556. You only need an addl 37% inc chill/ailment effect on tree to hit a max 30% chill.
"
archwerewolf wrote:

Enlighten 4 or a small cluster jewel can bridge the gap.

As for curses, Ball Lightning is quite enough.
"
midtown wrote:
"
Cjin wrote:
Maybe Frostblink can be used instead of Vortex?

There are a ton of good options. Frostblink works (Frostblink - Bonechill - Awakened Unbound Ailments - Culling Strike). You can also use Bonechill w/ Frost Shield for extra tankiness + dmg on bosses, or Creeping Frost if you want it to follow enemies around a bit.

Vaal Cold Snap looks especially promising though...20% MORE effect of chill as per patch notes, and some frenzy charges for bosses. With Bonechill (44%) and Woke Unbound lvl 5 (69%) alone, this a 25% chill: (1+.44+.69)*1.20 = 2.556. You only need an addl 37% inc chill/ailment effect on tree to hit a max 30% chill.

I don't like the idea of Frostblinking into bosses to apply chilled ground. Seems needlessly dangerous and disruptive.

Frostshield is an option once you're facetanking everything, but it requires a cast (so interrupts Cyclone) and forces you to either give up the tankiness or fight right on top of bosses, which again, seems risky.

Maybe link Vaal Coldsnap with CWDT/Bonechill/Unbound? It covers a large area, would trigger for free during mapping and we'd get some Frenzy Charges. Self-cast vaal version on bosses and let damage cast it without interrupting wuile mapping or when Vaal is on cooldown. Seems like the best solution.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 1, 2023, 6:46:57 AM
So can I assume build is genereally unchanged if you can fix mana- and chill-tasks? Because I am still looking for a trickster-setup to upgrade in and this competes with Ephemeral Edge Blade Trap Trickster now^^
"
Vennto wrote:
So can I assume build is genereally unchanged if you can fix mana- and chill-tasks? Because I am still looking for a trickster-setup to upgrade in and this competes with Ephemeral Edge Blade Trap Trickster now^^

Use Enlighten 4 or a small reservation cluster and mana reservation is all solved. You can also sinply stay with Charisma annoint longer and keep Whispers of Doom allocated in the tree.

The Vortex setup loss is not the end of the world, even without any replacement. It adds 15-30% extra damage that is not entirely consistent. It's far from build-breaking. Plus, honestly, it isn't really needed during mapping, as you quickly get enough damage to not need it. You can still cast on big mobs, as you're not interrupting Cyclone.

All in all, the build is as powerful as it always was as-is. We're looking at replacements to optimize the build, not make it work. It already didn't use mandatory alt quality gems or helm enchants.
Awesome, thanks, then the decision is made *3.23 lets gooo*
WAIT those are additionnal ascendancies? Like you get a second ascendancy? I misread that big time at first and thought we were getting a new class or something.

Seems like Primalist is going to be the only good one, but it looks like it's going to be very good. Profane Bloom on this build is going to feel nice while mapping. We'll see when we have more info on all of the available modifiers.

The Warlock's sanguimancy is obviously a no-go on an int-stacking build. We'd also need to get in a Mark and use one of the curses granted by the ascendancy to benefit from it, which means dropping two of our current curses (or one if you run Anathema) and that's very difficult to justify.

Tinctures are applied to weapons, which I believe means that it's useless on a spell build like ours. I don't think it's going to apply to anything but attacks with the weapon?

Also : Warcries that drop extra loot? Super nice Diablo 2 reference. Not sure anyone is going to stop to warcry on corpses though.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 1, 2023, 10:55:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info