[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Burn4 wrote:
I am confused, should I anoint amulet with "Whispers of Doom" or "Charisma"?
In gearing guide it says to anoint with Charisma, but in PoB it shows Whispers of Doom. Plz help.

The goal is to be able to use Discipline, Purity of Elements, Hatred and Clarity. And have some free mana to be able to cast stuff. You get 12% increased mana reservation efficiency from Mana mastery and 28% from Sovereignty wheel. That is not quite enough. In addition you need ether Charisma or lvl3+ Enlighten.

So if you do not have Enlighten, you need Charisma. If you have Enlighten you no longer need Charisma. Best anointment then is Whispers of Doom freeing 4 passive points to be used elsewhere.
"
Burn4 wrote:
I am confused, should I anoint amulet with "Whispers of Doom" or "Charisma"?
In gearing guide it says to anoint with Charisma, but in PoB it shows Whispers of Doom. Plz help.

Start with Charisma to be able to fit in all auras and allocate Whispers of Doom in your tree. Once you have enough mana reservation efficiency to run all auras without Charisma, unnalocate WoD and annoint it instead.
now i'm conflicted on which watcher's eye to use lol

what i run now

what i just got as a drop
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
now i'm conflicted on which watcher's eye to use lol

what i run now

what i just got as a drop

Second one. Just plugging it in the high-end PoB in the place of the current one gives 14% more damage when the enemies are not low life and 1.4% less damage when they are. You could play around with some passives too if you want, as the crit is heavily capped on low life because of Ambush and Assassinate putting it at 96%. You could move 3-4 points to more efficient nodes if you don't need the crit chance on low life.
Hey! Probably thats gonna be my next league starter (ill decide after patch notes) Which league mechanics are good to farm with this build? Always have some problems to decide which mechanic i want to farm, so ill take some time to think before league start
"
RichRamp wrote:
Hey! Probably thats gonna be my next league starter (ill decide after patch notes) Which league mechanics are good to farm with this build? Always have some problems to decide which mechanic i want to farm, so ill take some time to think before league start

Great :

Essence (you can even preload storms before opening them up)

Blight

Beasts

Good :

Delirium once you have enough damage

Ritual

Harvest

Jun

Bad :

Legion

Alva

These are all subjective. Maybe others will chime in with a different experience.
Patch notes had no changes to ascendancy, passive tree or Whispering Ice.

Almost all the changes were to gems. Most importantly for this build:

Anomalous, Divergent and Phantasmal Quality Gems have been removed from the game.

Vortex:
Now has a 0.750 second Cast Time (previously instant)

Some changes to what quality does, some for better some for worse.

Primalist ascendancy sounds good, especially if you can stack same effect multiple times.
Last edited by Cjin on Nov 30, 2023, 6:16:51 PM
Vortex having a cast time sounds like its going to feel REALLY bad. I don't really see another skill that can fill that slot at the moment.. thoughts?
Vortex will now be much, much worse unfortunately. It's probably still worth it on bosses or Essences, but not during mapping. Very unfortunate. Even then, Coldsnap might be better. Maybe another four-link would be preferable.

The extra 5% allres from Purity of elements' quality is going to be nice. I think the old alt quality version was 3%?

Eager to see those tranfigured gems. That might be very good. I believe they have not told us the numbers, right?

Edit : it's possible that Vortex might have a transfigured version with instant cast. It's a long shot, but there's still hope.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Nov 30, 2023, 10:25:47 PM
How good is the interaction between this build and the Ultimatum mechanism (I didn't play that league)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info