[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
weisenheimer wrote:
i'm trying to get more passive tree points to fill in the two clusters. Is there anything you'd recommend that i refund to fill those up first?

getting these to annoint whispers of doom is a huge help

that's an instant 4 points freed up when you refund them

edit: plus, refund the 2 mana nodes and the large cluster socket on the right so you would be able to open the other cluster for the split jewels
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by spaceace7373 on Nov 20, 2023, 5:46:15 PM
"
Lekser wrote:
I thought to test that build in the new league so tried it in shifting stones event.
Do you have any estimates how much intelligence should I have on first maps?
My current pob: https://pobb.in/D-jNtEOY0D0-
It is not ideal for sure, I'm still building, but damage is not here for sure. Astramentis is quiter expensive, but it will be my next purchase.

Astramentis will help for sure. It's a big chunk of damage.

You staves are four sockets. You're missing so much damage by not having those two other supports. Hit them with jeweller's for extra damage. There's one on sale right now at 17%/five sockets.

Boots, body armour and blet have no int rolls. Add 100 int (just benchcraft X 3) and you get 25% more damage.

Change attributes mastery to +int per mastery.

Get boots and Tranquility annoint. Nice boost in damage and QoL. There's a pair for 10C and another for 20C right now.

Plus, you're level 66 right now. You still have 30 skill points to go.

It was a tad ambitious to league-start in a very small market with this build with only a week, I must say!
"
weisenheimer wrote:
"
ninuvas1977 wrote:
I cant acces Path Of Building from work, but in the web-version it seems you are missing the last cluster on the top left with 2 split personality jewels. Without this cluster and jewels, the tree is wrong. That path is optimized for this.

i'm trying to get more passive tree points to fill in the two clusters. Is there anything you'd recommend that i refund to fill those up first?

Refund Dreamer wheel and allocate the first node of the Disciple of the Forbidden wheel (+2 points).

Complete the path on the right (-3 points).

Refund the strength node on the right that doesn't serve a purpose anymore (+1 point).

Unallocate the entire cold damage wheel on top (+6 points).

Unallocate Deep Wisdom (+1 point).

Allocate the travel nodes and the cluster jewel slot on the left (-4 points).

Allocate the wheel with two Split Personnalities (-7 points).

Unallocate Light of Divinity/Holy Dominion (+3 points).

Allocate Overcharge (-1 point).

Unallocate the two travel nodes for the cluster on the right (+2 points).

Net zero points.
This build/thread is awesome. I've gotten all the help I've asked for, and no snarkiness!

All changes made; here's an updated POB: https://pobb.in/8tbZ2KtN4NMB
Now, off to test the changes!

Later ...

Successfully killed the Maven's allies!
Last edited by weisenheimer on Nov 21, 2023, 11:46:53 PM
Hi, I want to play with a friend. Do you think that this build works well with a cold DOT elementalist?
"
chiara491 wrote:
Hi, I want to play with a friend. Do you think that this build works well with a cold DOT elementalist?

You're using the same curses, same exposure and both benefit from Hatred, which is nice. I never played cold DOT outside of campaign though, so can't say much more.
hi there,
planning on starting with this build next league (if it survives the patch notes :D) as i haven't played it in a couple of leagues (last time was the scion version 2 or 3 years ago)

so got a question about the caster mastery. how important is it for regular mapping/pinnacle bosses? i'd like to swap it for the opening chests mastery for some QOL while mapping? anyone played around with it? does it even work with cwc?
"
Mayami18 wrote:
hi there,
planning on starting with this build next league (if it survives the patch notes :D) as i haven't played it in a couple of leagues (last time was the scion version 2 or 3 years ago)

so got a question about the caster mastery. how important is it for regular mapping/pinnacle bosses? i'd like to swap it for the opening chests mastery for some QOL while mapping? anyone played around with it? does it even work with cwc?

The caster mastery gives you some damage. If you have enough already, switching to the other mastery should not be a problem. Try it in PoB to see the %dmg difference. PoB will not compute Intensify stacks over your limit, so if you fo in config and set it to 4 stacks, it should calculate the difference in DPS automatically. Make sure to compare allocating both masteries, because if you just hover over the node to see what damage you'd lose from unallocating the mastery, it will include the loss of Polymath's bonus and other stuff, which you keep if you allocate the other one.

Cycloning will not work with the mastery, because you're not casting the spell, you're triggering it. However, it will work with both Frostblink and Vortex, which you will be casting all the time. If you're playing a very chest-intensive mechanic like Blight, it's even worth switching to the boss staff just to spam spells instead if trying to click on each chest. Having played Blight extensively with the build in SSF, where my gear was subpar, you can easily get enough damage while mapping to switch masteries and it's really, really worth it for your sanity when you need to open 15-20 six-chests clusters.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Nov 23, 2023, 3:00:01 PM
Why is my Ascendancy tree looks nothing like this build?

P.S. Already figured
Last edited by dima_dunedin on Nov 25, 2023, 8:12:34 AM
I am confused, should I anoint amulet with "Whispers of Doom" or "Charisma"?
In gearing guide it says to anoint with Charisma, but in PoB it shows Whispers of Doom. Plz help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info