Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"

Not everyone plays like you, just remember it.
I picked skill in this league that only looks cool, made 93 level on it (with my best character ever have 95), killed few non-uber bosses, farmed mechanics I like and had a fun time. The only thing I didn't like was immunity affixes that GGG nerfed pretty fast.
I will do it again in next league with a pleasure.

I think what you mean to say is that most players don't play like he does. Which is exactly how the game was designed to be experienced. The rewards are there in the form of cosmetics that change every league for people who are dedicated and have the time to complete them, this is free of charge and an amazing way to reward dedicated play.

For the rest of us who do our own targeted content the current systems in place are fine but needs to be tuned to make the progression a little bit slower and a little bit harder (With appropriate rewards). Too much content in the game gets ignored because the payout isn't as consistent as say heist. And while RNG should always play a factor in your game play the hill to climb needs to be smoothed out a little bit. I think by buffing items and increasing value and options across the board people will discover more fun when build diversity increases. This of course is challenging to do and I personally don't think most issues can be addressed until path of exile 2 which I personally have great faith in GGG they will be able to deliver.
With more wands and shields as options you can make up for that early game loss of the plus 2 to skill gems, you're still getting 30% added chaos damage, and with a trade league your items will be readily available and affordable IN TIME just like they always are if you're not going to attempt to self craft.
"
MasterKnives wrote:
With more wands and shields as options you can make up for that early game loss of the plus 2 to skill gems, you're still getting 30% added chaos damage, and with a trade league your items will be readily available and affordable IN TIME just like they always are if you're not going to attempt to self craft.

Dude, even if bases gonna drop 24/7 ( which i doubt), the weightning of mods gonna be like classic 200-500? How many convoking wands did you id to find out that they have decent minion dmg + 1 physical spell skills? I believe something very close to 0. The story will be exact the same with the odds of 90%. You won't loot good minion items with good minion mods from the ground - that just dont happen in PoE. You gonna need fossils(most likely they gonna have minion/damgage tags only, so you even wont be able to roll it in harvest during early mapping). Or houndreds and houndreds of alch>scour....
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 5:40:36 PM
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
pr0mete1 wrote:

Not everyone plays like you, just remember it.
I picked skill in this league that only looks cool, made 93 level on it (with my best character ever have 95), killed few non-uber bosses, farmed mechanics I like and had a fun time. The only thing I didn't like was immunity affixes that GGG nerfed pretty fast.
I will do it again in next league with a pleasure.

With such approach nerfs/buffs have almost no effect on your gameplay and in-game experience, so why do you want the nerfs then?

Because you cannot make every build in this game to be strong. It is impossible.
Rotation in meta builds brings fresh breath to the game. Thats how it works in other games.
A little bit disappointed in number of buffed skills.
Maybe, the RNG nature of the game dictates you could get it on the first attempt or the 10,000th. You use trades to make up for it. Minion builds have always been very strong and they will continue to be strong I simply wouldn't worry this much about it.
I think what we each consider as strong varies on the players understanding of the game and the scope of which they want to complete content. On paper every skill in the game is 100% viable if you're willing to put in the effort to make it work. Some skills definitely require more work then others and I think that's where the challenge of the game ultimately lies. Smashing the entire game shouldn't be easy to reach period, the whole point of playing the game is seeing how strong you can make yourself and crossing the threshold of making the game trivial should always be possible but needs to have a process to reach, and that process needs to be enjoyable and I think that is where most of the emotional reaction comes from when people think about the game.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"

Do you think you, talking about competition is going to help the argument? I really do not understand why people argue about a global situation, and somehow they make it personal. Be nice, state your opinion and bring constructive ideas. Wishing for D4 so GGG would change their mind, it is kind of childish.

It has nothing to do with competition, but you bragging the game is easy and having no ground to stand on. Belittling people will get you called out.

You are referring to the guy who you were talking. I never bragged about anything. That was my first entry in the conversation. You had the argument with another guy. :) And for me the game is not easy. It gets easier with time.
"
XimiP wrote:
I just hope someday GGG will see the light and remove Archnemesis from the game. I started in Harbinger league and I've never felt so annoyed while playing the game. I skipped most of Archnemesis league's content, got the challenges and never opened one again, and now they're everywhere. I know it'll probably never happen but I just had to say it, f*** me, it is so obnoxious. Trying to pick up your loot and having to run around dodging stuff following you or waiting ungodly strong ground degens to expire after you've already killed the monsters is not challenging, is not engaging and is not fun GGG, it is just annoying.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
"
tnengineer wrote:
Tired of the minion build nerfs... What you basically are saying is this:
If you are rich, you will have more minion damage than before because you can afford the items, otherwise you will get nerfed. The rich get rewarded with more power (as if they need it) and everyone else playing minions will be penalized.

Just like in real life, those with all the wealth get even more power and wealth, while the poor must be kept down.

Just make "STARTER" build to farm on character you do not want to play LOOOOOOL.
Do GGG think that everyone plays as well and as much as top streamers ? I just want to come home after work and enjoy the game if I wanted to be beaten up all the time, I would go to boxing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info